The best topic

Replies: 10566
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 06, 2024, 10:32:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 16 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

We are also up higher today

As of today, they have no changed second dose to 8 weeks - I hope I'll get my invitation soon as its well over 8 weeks for me (March 16)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Called instead of waiting for "invitation" to arrive (as told to)  & he went ahead booked me during call - May 30, Sunday

Sometimes it pays to be proactive instead of waiting for someone to call you "as told to"  :001_tongue:

Frood

:001_rolleyes:

You're nuts for getting that poison a second time...
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=412070 time=1622182071 user_id=1676

You should see when I do that with 3 eyes

Maybe Fash can find a 3 eye rolleyes to go with the changing times   ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=412071 time=1622182833 user_id=88
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=412070 time=1622182071 user_id=1676

You should see when I do that with 3 eyes

Maybe Fash can find a 3 eye rolleyes to go with the changing times   ac_smile

lol, I'll see what I can do.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=412048 time=1622153697 user_id=88
Called instead of waiting for "invitation" to arrive (as told to)  & he went ahead booked me during call - May 30, Sunday

Sometimes it pays to be proactive instead of waiting for someone to call you "as told to"  :001_tongue:

All provinces aren;t quite sure what to do about people that require a second dose of AZ becauxe we don't have enough in Canada.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=412074 time=1622209774 user_id=3254
All provinces aren't quite sure what to do about people that require a second dose of AZ because we don't have enough in Canada.
Bonnie just stated that we have deliberately retained enough for second shots .. but each person can decide to accept or request another brand .. and that 8 weeks will be max from here on in

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=412083 time=1622219777 user_id=88
All provinces aren't quite sure what to do about people that require a second dose of AZ because we don't have enough in Canada.
Bonnie just stated that we have deliberately retained enough for second shots .. but each person can decide to accept or request another brand .. and that 8 weeks will be max from here on in

Mixingf second doses. :2r4ml1j_th:

Anonymous

This will only be the case for British Columbians who have received either Pfizer or Moderna..

Those who got AstraZeneca will still need to wait between 13 and 16 weeks.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=412085 time=1622220094 user_id=114
Mixing second doses. :2r4ml1j_th:

UK & Israel  (and others) have been doing a lot of real-world testing for months now and it seems not a detriment at all .. in fact much data says it's even better as protection is increased by doing so

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=412090 time=1622221273 user_id=3254

This will only be the case for British Columbians who have received either Pfizer or Moderna..

Those who got AstraZeneca will still need to wait between 13 and 16 weeks.

Not here at least. Bonney clearly stated 2 days ago live that (paraphrasing) "we have deliberately retained enough AZ for second shots" .. & "which was the main reason we stopped using it a ways back" ...  and that "anyone who got it for shot 1 will have the option within 8 weeks of first shot"

I do realize that most provinces did not do that & used up their current stock

As of 2 days ago, we are now on an "8 weeks" plan for all brands .. which was why I got my second shot appointment so soon by jumping on it that very day

Anonymous

I quoted that from an article I read......here it is.

This will only be the case for British Columbians who have received either Pfizer or Moderna. Those who got AstraZeneca will still need to wait between 13 and 16 weeks.

https://www.narcity.com/vancouver/second-covid-19-vaccine-doses-in-bc-can-come-earlier-than-plannned">https://www.narcity.com/vancouver/secon ... n-plannned">https://www.narcity.com/vancouver/second-covid-19-vaccine-doses-in-bc-can-come-earlier-than-plannned

"While it is always preferable, we now have good evidence you can have an alternative that is same type," Henry said.

"I would encourage taking Pfizer if it is offered. We know it is safe and works just as well."

As for those who received AstraZeneca, the province will not be shrinking the gap to eight weeks yet. Henry said details will come next week about whether those who received AstraZeneca as a first dose can mix and match and receive Pfizer as a second dose.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7899015/british-columbia-7-to-9-week-gap-second-covid-19-vaccine-dose/">https://globalnews.ca/news/7899015/brit ... cine-dose/">https://globalnews.ca/news/7899015/british-columbia-7-to-9-week-gap-second-covid-19-vaccine-dose/

cc

That is a current article and so I stand corrected. I know they stopped early so as to save some  .. but apparently not enough for everyone

Seems a great incentive for those who got AZ to switch .. as "8 months" is the new plan

I hope you folks will get the same option  .. although the separate argument to delay quite a bit  is a strong one

I'm very comfortable with my being in effect about 10 weeks between .. seems a good compromise between the 2 extremes

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=412094 time=1622223123 user_id=88
That is a current article and so I stand corrected. I know they stopped early so as to save some  .. but apparently not enough for everyone

Seems a great incentive for those who got AZ to switch .. as "8 months" is the new plan

I hope you folks will get the same option  .. although the separate argument to delay quite a bit  is a strong one

I'm very comfortable with my being in effect about 10 weeks between .. seems a good compromise between the 2 extremes

I don't know if we want to mix vaccines..

Are there any studies you know of where second doese were mixed.

cc

I can't point them out, but I do know UK did a lot of real world testing on it and said results were very good based on antibody tests

One would need to search to find it