The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 16 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=412524 time=1622720625 user_id=1676
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=412521 time=1622719862 user_id=3254
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=412503 time=1622680222 user_id=1676
Blah blah blah.... fake covid figures.... blah blah blah

What makes you think daily case counts are fake?

The PCR tests are extremely unreliable.

Our tests are accurate.

cc

Positives >

The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) says false positives are "very rare." Public Health Ontario reported last August that it had found https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/fact-check-how-accurate-are-pcr-tests-for-the-novel-coronavirus-1.5257357">a false positive testing rate of less than 0.01 per cent.

"If you have a positive test, there's virtually zero likelihood that you're actually negative," Dr. Philippe Lagacé-Wiens, an assistant professor of medical microbiology at the University of Manitoba, told CTVNews.ca via telephone on Wednesday.

Negatives are the ONLY inaccuracy >

The risk of a false negative result is strong enough that some health-care workers who have been exposed to COVID-19 are not allowed to return to frontline work on the basis of one negative test.

"A single negative test wouldn't give us the confidence to put those health-care workers back on the floor when there's still a risk that they could be contagious," Cheng said.

In short, numbers are FAR more likely to be less accurate on "negatives"  .. meaning official case numbers are many times more  likely to be higher than numbers provided than lower

Then, who are we to question  some conspiracy phony  with zero credentials making a Utube video in his basement not being  more likely to provide more accurate info
:wink:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Alberta reported 296 cases today and a positivity rate of 4.6 per cent.

cc

So, does look like yesterday was an outlier for you guys

We are steady just below 200 last 3 days

France, Italy, Germany and US continue downward fairly rapidly - along with Canada as a whole

However, the one the world is watching closely , the UK has doubled in 10 days

Frood

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=412537 time=1622741539 user_id=3254
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=412524 time=1622720625 user_id=1676
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=412521 time=1622719862 user_id=3254
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=412503 time=1622680222 user_id=1676
Blah blah blah.... fake covid figures.... blah blah blah

What makes you think daily case counts are fake?

The PCR tests are extremely unreliable.

Our tests are accurate.

I've got a bridge to sell you...
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=412558 time=1622761851 user_id=1676
I've got a bridge to sell you...

Aw, so you DID buy it

There is no comeback to that ... sooooo .. do what stymied conspiracists then do ... yup .. insult  

Predictable or Wot!!!

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Fauci was allowed to vet his own emails as the FOI requests were slow-walked:

https://rumble.com/vi037t-tom-fitton-government-slow-walked-foia-email-request-because-dr.-fauci-was-.html">https://rumble.com/vi037t-tom-fitton-go ... -was-.html">https://rumble.com/vi037t-tom-fitton-government-slow-walked-foia-email-request-because-dr.-fauci-was-.html
Blahhhhhh...

cc

We all knew he was a phony from the gitgo  .. see other threads here .. some going back to January 2020.

Good that you finally figured it out ... no matter how long it took

now, please take fauci stuff to the fauci threads as you are making a total ass of yourself here .... spamming up  good threads with info already posted elsewhere om site

Frood

Quote from: cc post_id=412572 time=1622783430 user_id=88
We all knew he was a phony from the gitgo  .. see other threads here .. some going back to January 2020.

Good that you finally figured it out ... no matter how long it took

now, please take fauci stuff to the fauci threads as you are making a total ass of yourself here .... spamming up  good threads with info already posted elsewhere om site

:001_rolleyes:

You really have no idea, slapper...

Did your mum freebase crack cocaine during your gestation? Maybe lead powders?
Blahhhhhh...

cc

ON & QB continue downward (now slowly) in numbers although QB, while improved some  has never gotten down to  3 deaths / 100 cases

ON, also quite a  high rate all along , has recently gotten to just below 2

BC & especially Alberta hover near  the 1 / 100  per case rate mark - with Alberta at 1 &  consistently lower all along than an Country   in the world. and any  major US State right from the start of this mess

The one being watched since opening up is UK .. Of concern is the steady & rapid new case increase in the UK since opening up some -

For example, last 4 days with today at top

It also has all along had a high death / case rate of close to 3 / 100 cases

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=412605 time=1622827241 user_id=88
ON & QB continue downward in numbers although QB, while improved some  has never gotten down to  3 deaths / 100 cases

ON, also quite high all along , has recently gotten to just below 2

BC & especially Alberta hover near  the 1 / 100 rate mark - with Alberta at 1 &  consistently lower all along than an Country   in the world. and any  major US State

The one being watched since opening up is UK .. Of concern is the steady & rapid new case increase in the UK since opening up some -

For example, last 4 days with today at top

It also has all along had a high death / case rate of close to 3 / 100 cases

Why is the UK an outlier?

cc

It's not really an outlier per se - as it changed the ground game after consistently going down to very low numbers for months, lower each week consistently

It would be expected to increase some upon opening up - but the concern is the rapid rise since opening up some

I think we all hoped it would not rise so rapidly upon opening up some

a key  difference between it and US is that it used mainly AZ which has a lower efficiency - but the good news is that it is VERY strong against symptom severity

I'd highly recommend anyone with one dose of AZ to go RNA for next dose as efficiency (based on tests in many EU countries of that mixture) is proving to be even higher that RNA alone

In my province, 2nd dose for those who got AZ is  a now officially a user-choice

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=412610 time=1622829372 user_id=88
It's not really an outlier per se - as it changed the ground game after consistently going down to very low numbers for months, lower each week consistently

It would be expected to increase some upon opening up - but the concern is the rapid rise since opening up some

I think we all hoped it would not rise so rapidly upon opening up some

a key  difference between it and US is that it used mainly AZ which has a lower efficiency - but the good news is that it is VERY strong against symptom severity

I'd highly recommend anyone with one dose of AZ to go RNA for next dose as efficiency (based on tests in many EU countries of that mixture) is proving to be even higher that RNA alone

In my province, 2nd dose for those who got AZ is  a now officially a user-choice

My second dose will have to be an RNA.

cc

Aw right. Alberta is pretty much out of AZ? You will be very well protected with that mix

We saved enough for everyone who had it for 1st dose. It will be interesting to see how many take each option

I see ON is now offering the same option as BC