The best topic

Replies: 10577
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:01:22 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 15 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=414342 time=1624667445 user_id=3254
As of Thursday, 71.3 per cent of eligible Albertans had received at least one dose of vaccine and 34.3 per cent are fully immunized with two doses..

Not much different than Manitoba. We have 72.2% with one dose and 32.9% with both doses.

cc

Ya. You guys all have focused on 2nd dose sooner than us. We did not till last week or so

Thus we have 76 / 34 ratio .. but that is changing fast now as focus is now on 2nd dose .. seems we are catching up on dose 2
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=414367 time=1624679244 user_id=88
Ya. You guys all have focused on 2nd dose sooner than us. We did not till last week or so

Thus we have 76 / 34 ratio .. but that is changing fast now as focus is now on 2nd dose .. seems we are catching up on dose 2

I just checked Saskatchewan and they are struggling to get first doses past seventy per cent too..

Ninety per cent of doses in that province are second doses.

cc

UK doubles daily cases from a week ago. 18,270 today. Death rates are quite low supporting it's a lot unvaccinated young people + greatly lessened symptoms for those vaccinated

Same with Israel. Cases moving up but deaths low

Israel is just the best in every scientific way - their "from day one" death rate is 0.76% .. the lowest I can find anywhere .. and against most countries it 's a mater of "how many times" lower"

UH for example is 2.73% .. Canada as a whole 1.86%

All these numbers are from day one when deaths were plentiful up to today. If one could get numbers for say several months ago until today, they would be noticeably lower

I have some records dating back a ways - I'll see if I can utilize them to calculate & reflect more current death rates

cc

Canada in Feb was 2.60 > today .....  1.86  overall from start.

For last 20 weeks it's 0.91% .. quite significant progress at treatment etc.

I'm setting up some formulae to give me stats on current death rates over recent past  ... especially for UK and Israel but also for Canada and major provinces

Will post when I get something definitive

Anonymous

Alberta had 31 Cases on June 27

33 Cases on June 26

64 Cases on June 25

81 Cases on June 24

Anonymous

Dr Deena Hinshaw gave her final daily update..

We had 61 cases over the last twenty four hours.

Anonymous

The old lady and I are due for a trip this year. Almost every country we want to go to requires a fourteen day quarantine even though we will be fully vaxxed.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=414757 time=1625031367 user_id=1689
The old lady and I are due for a trip this year. Almost every country we want to go to requires a fourteen day quarantine even though we will be fully vaxxed.

We're hoping our trip to Western Europe can go ahead without a two week quarantine.

Anonymous

cc

44 today, 29 yesterday.

Almost full opening as of midnight tonight

They call it stage 3, but it sounds almost full .... adults not vaccinated not supposed to do some things, but it's unenforceable

Dunno. Might have taken it in smaller bites ... We shall see how it all goes

Anonymous

We are full open or stage 3 on July 11. Like Alberta and Manitoba, we have reached a vaccination celing with people aged eighteen to thirty five.

Anonymous

Calgary-area man first to win $1M in Alberta COVID-19 vaccine lottery

More million-dollar draws ahead in August, September

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-covid-19-vaccine-lottery-winner-1.6087522">https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton ... -1.6087522">https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-covid-19-vaccine-lottery-winner-1.6087522

Anonymous

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=415038 time=1625282119 user_id=3254
The UK had 27,000 cases today.

:shock:

Yes. Been rising steadily since opening up

One thing, I do a death / case rate for all countries and provinces and a few states

As we now hove considerable vaccinations, I also do 10 week  rate to leave out bad startups and get to present performance

UK has a mediocre "from the start" rate of 2.65% of those infected who  died

However, their last 10 week  death / case rate is the best I can find anywhere and by a large margin at 0.27% indicating vaccines are working to prevent death if infected and no doubt lots of young people being infected

For perspective, the US has a last ten week rate of 1.60% , Canada 0.80%

(For all 10 week rates, I step back a week on cases but not deaths to make it as close to reality as I can get over thet shorter period of time)