The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 19 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Same for California.  Cases rising rapidly, but Cali has only 1% of deaths are vaccinated people. However young are getting hit much harder than before with severity.

Here's a CDC Doc saying we will soon have https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.5248117">"The Pandemic of the unvaccinated"

He says US cases are  up well over 70 % in one week - and we should expect same. I just checked and estimating at today, it's more like 80% for this week in US. That's the fastest rise I've ever seen anywhere

The US is not getting vaccinated like it appeared they would initially .. it's really stalling and many people will be paying the ultimate price

UK has been rising rapidly since opening up, but while it's a high death / case rate since start (2.42%) .. . calculated for   last 10 weeks (with a delay of 2 weeks for cases to make it more close to how it really happens ) it's 0.23% and improving further each week now... the lowest in the world although I don't keep full stats on Israel .. and speaks really well for vaxx .. and I believe they used mostly the less efficient AZ???
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=415966 time=1626477359 user_id=88
Same for California.  Cases rising rapidly, but Cali has only 1% of deaths are vaccinated people. However young are getting hit much harder than before with severity.

Here's a CDC Doc saying we will soon have https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.5248117">"The Pandemic of the unvaccinated"

He says US cases are  up well over 70 % in one week - and we should expect same. I just checked and estimating at today, it's more like 80% for this week in US. That's the fastest rise I've ever seen anywhere

The US is not getting vaccinated like it appeared they would initially .. it's really stalling and many people will be paying the ultimate price

UK has been rising rapidly since opening up, but while it's a high death / case rate since start (2.42%) .. . calculated for   last 10 weeks (with a delay of 2 weeks for cases to make it more close to how it really happens ) it's 0.23% and improving further each week now... the lowest in the world although I don't keep full stats on Israel .. and speaks really well for vaxx .. and I believe they used mostly the less efficient AZ???

The death rate is low this time in Britain, but what about hospitalizations?

Anonymous

The Delta variant of COVID-19 is now the dominant strain.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=415966 time=1626477359 user_id=88

Here's a CDC Doc saying we will soon have https://hidedoor.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sfi/safoyhgq/smno/p2/video?playlistId=1.5248117">"The Pandemic of the unvaccinated"

Cases are surging again in the US and it's almost entirely among the unvaccinated.

Anonymous

Know our vvitamin D levels and boost it.

The Effects of Vitamin D and COVID-Related Outcomes

An overwhelming volume of research makes it clear that this hormone produced in our skin can save lives

Do you know your vitamin D level? If not, getting your blood tested—and optimizing your levels—is one of the simplest and most straightforward steps you can take to improve your health, including in relation to COVID-19. Vitamin D, as an immunomodulator, is a perfect candidate for countering the immune dysregulation that's common with COVID-19.

As early as November 2020, it was known that there were striking differences in vitamin D status among people who had asymptomatic COVID-19 and those who became severely ill and required intensive care unit (ICU) care. In one study, 32.96 percent of those with asymptomatic cases were vitamin D deficient, compared to 96.82 percent of those who were admitted to the ICU for a severe case.

COVID-19 patients who were deficient in this inexpensive and widely available vitamin had a higher inflammatory response and a greater fatality rate. The Indian study authors recommended "mass administration of vitamin D supplements to populations at risk for COVID-19," in a study published in Scientific Reports, but this hasn't happened, at least not in the United States.

As of April 21, the date the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) last updated its COVID-19 treatment guidelines/vitamin D page, the agency stated, "There are insufficient data to recommend either for or against the use of vitamin D for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19." As you'll see in the paragraphs that follow, however, the evidence for its use is beyond overwhelming.

Vitamin D Therapy Reduces COVID's Inflammatory Storm

Vitamin D has multiple actions on the immune system, including enhancing the production of antimicrobial peptides by immune cells, reducing damaging pro-inflammatory cytokines, and promoting the expression of anti-inflammatory cytokines. Cytokines are a group of proteins that your body uses to control inflammation.

If you have an infection, your body will release cytokines to help combat inflammation, but sometimes, it releases more than it should. If the cytokine release spirals out of control, the resulting "cytokine storm" becomes dangerous and is closely tied to sepsis, which may be an important contributor to the death of COVID-19 patients.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/the-effects-of-vitamin-d-and-covid-related-outcomes_3896844.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-07-20&mktids=1e7ad63b6875b8c5fe4742f32769cedb&est=jrsHto%2BsXwQ4C%2Fa75Fo4KLRYsPusIJJA544xQh1ZUK9eUwgEgyaMsu5hq8tbgPQvCQ%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morni ... QvCQ%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/the-effects-of-vitamin-d-and-covid-related-outcomes_3896844.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-07-20&mktids=1e7ad63b6875b8c5fe4742f32769cedb&est=jrsHto%2BsXwQ4C%2Fa75Fo4KLRYsPusIJJA544xQh1ZUK9eUwgEgyaMsu5hq8tbgPQvCQ%3D%3D

cc

Most of Canada is now reporting lower infection rates per capita than all U.S. states.

As of Monday, Canada has a seven-day average of one case per 100,000 people, while the U.S. has 10.5 cases per 100,000. The percentage of residents in Canada who are fully vaccinated has also eclipsed the U.S.,

(Don't want to get too smug with  that ^^^ ... With opening we just don't know how cases will go other than up - Dunno how it will go, but we are far from done with this beast)

with CTVNews.ca's vaccine tracker showing 50.7 per cent in Canada, and 48.3 per cent in the U.S. Among those eligible (12+), Canada has hit 57.8 per cent, while the New York Times reports the U.S. at 56.9 per cent.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416249 time=1626835100 user_id=88
Most of Canada is now reporting lower infection rates per capita than all U.S. states.

As of Monday, Canada has a seven-day average of one case per 100,000 people, while the U.S. has 10.5 cases per 100,000. The percentage of residents in Canada who are fully vaccinated has also eclipsed the U.S.,

(Don't want to get too smug with  that ^^^ ... With opening we just don't know how cases will go other than up - Dunno how it will go, but we are far from done with this beast)

with CTVNews.ca's vaccine tracker showing 50.7 per cent in Canada, and 48.3 per cent in the U.S. Among those eligible (12+), Canada has hit 57.8 per cent, while the New York Times reports the U.S. at 56.9 per cent.

There is less vaccine hesitancy in Canada, but it it here.

Anonymous

Some form of vaccine passport is inevitable if we're going to get international travel going again.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=416436 time=1627015303 user_id=56
Some form of vaccine passport is inevitable if we're going to get international travel going again.

Canada will require proof of vaccination when entering the country..

No proof of vaccination means two week quarantine.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=416443 time=1627044591 user_id=3254

That leaves me out. I am not vaccinated, but I have some level of immunity.

Thiel

And a negative test taken within three days of boarding the plane to Canada.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: Thiel post_id=416462 time=1627056655 user_id=1688

We want to go to Panama in January of 2022. Getting a test going there will be easy. I don't know about in Panama returning to Winnipeg.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=416489 time=1627066053 user_id=2015
Quote from: Thiel post_id=416462 time=1627056655 user_id=1688

We want to go to Panama in January of 2022. Getting a test going there will be easy. I don't know about in Panama returning to Winnipeg.

We want to go to the Netherlands for Christmas..

We have different vaccinations for our two doses.....I hope they accept it.

Anonymous

Cases are moving up a little bit across Canada. That is to be expected. They are still low though.

Anonymous

Alberta is partnering with a business coalition to launch a mobile vaccination clinic that can go to hard-to-reach populations.

Alberta Health Services says it is closing two mass vaccination clinics in Calgary and Edmonton by the end of July, as demand falls due to high vaccination rates in the cities.