The best topic

Replies: 10566
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 06, 2024, 10:32:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 18 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Hijacking the use of an effective treatment against the coronavirus for political reasons should be criminal..

From what I've read it's more effective than Remdesivir, which has been approved by the US FDA without any serious side effects.

cc

It is vile and evil and  should be criminal. The drug has all along been the most effective treatment

I saw the Ford story yesterday and a cpl of others supporting it

Key is to give it early like any drug should be used
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=369725 time=1593845597 user_id=88
It is vile and evil and  should be criminal. The drug has all along been the most effective treatment

I saw the Ford story yesterday and a cpl of others supporting it

Key is to give it early like any drug should be used

If I catch the virus, I will request it.

Frood

Looks like Melbourne, Australia and perhaps the whole state of Victoria will be on lockdown again. 3000 low income housing residents in 9 inner city high rise apartment complexes are entering a initial 5 day lockdown which most assuredly will be extended for weeks after a number tested positive for coronavirus. If Asia's example is any indication, it'll rip through those buildings. Victoria Police are devoting 500 officers to prevent people from leaving floor by floor, and the army is being mobilized for support.

So I expect the schools to eventually close again too.

Double digit positive test rates for over a week, and big jumps nationwide...

...our supply chains, economy, and law and order are going to take another big hit...
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Now it starts...

People will try to avoid coming home to be on lockdown and you can read between the lines in this social media post...

https://i.postimg.cc/h4JpvvSZ/Screenshot-20200705-121023-Chrome-1593915075275.jpg">
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=369720 time=1593841516 user_id=1689
Hydroxychloroquine is being used successfully with azithromycin around the world to treat COVID patients. As usual, progs in the US ignore science.

Hydroxychloroquine helped save coronavirus patients, study shows; Trump campaign hails 'fantastic news'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hydroxychloroquine-helped-save-coronavirus-study">https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hydrox ... irus-study">https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hydroxychloroquine-helped-save-coronavirus-study

Researchers at the Henry Ford Health System in Southeast Michigan have found that early administration of the drug hydroxychloroquine makes hospitalized patients substantially less likely to die.

The study, published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, determined that hydroxychloroquine provided a "66% hazard ratio reduction," and hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin a 71 percent reduction, compared to neither treatment.

In-hospital mortality was 18.1 percent with both drugs, 13.5 percent with just hydroxychloroquine, 22.4 percent with azithromycin alone, and 26.4 percent with neither drug. "Prospective trials are needed" for further review, the researchers note.

"Fortunately, the Trump Administration secured a massive supply of hydroxychloroquine for the national stockpile months ago," a statement read. "Yet this is the same drug that the media and the Biden campaign spent weeks trying to discredit and spread fear and doubt around because President Trump dared to mention it as a potential treatment for coronavirus."

It added: "The new study from the Henry Ford Health System should be a clear message to the media and the Democrats: stop the bizarre attempts to discredit hydroxychloroquine to satisfy your own anti-Trump agenda. It may be costing lives."

The findings, conservatives said, highlighted efforts by media partisans to undermine confidence in the drug simply to undercut the president.

The Federalist's Sean Davis added: "Media and incompetent corrupt government officials lied to you about social distancing. They lied to you about hydroxychloroquine. They lied to you about risks to children and the general population. They lied not to help you, but to control you, and they're not going to stop."

Don't ask me why, but I was watching a Canadian news item on Hydroxy that said that studies showed no improvement in patients. Science/medicine in North America is becoming as trustworthy as the media.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=369999 time=1593997146 user_id=56
Quote from: Herman post_id=369720 time=1593841516 user_id=1689
Hydroxychloroquine is being used successfully with azithromycin around the world to treat COVID patients. As usual, progs in the US ignore science.

Hydroxychloroquine helped save coronavirus patients, study shows; Trump campaign hails 'fantastic news'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hydroxychloroquine-helped-save-coronavirus-study">https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hydrox ... irus-study">https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hydroxychloroquine-helped-save-coronavirus-study

Researchers at the Henry Ford Health System in Southeast Michigan have found that early administration of the drug hydroxychloroquine makes hospitalized patients substantially less likely to die.

The study, published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, determined that hydroxychloroquine provided a "66% hazard ratio reduction," and hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin a 71 percent reduction, compared to neither treatment.

In-hospital mortality was 18.1 percent with both drugs, 13.5 percent with just hydroxychloroquine, 22.4 percent with azithromycin alone, and 26.4 percent with neither drug. "Prospective trials are needed" for further review, the researchers note.

"Fortunately, the Trump Administration secured a massive supply of hydroxychloroquine for the national stockpile months ago," a statement read. "Yet this is the same drug that the media and the Biden campaign spent weeks trying to discredit and spread fear and doubt around because President Trump dared to mention it as a potential treatment for coronavirus."

It added: "The new study from the Henry Ford Health System should be a clear message to the media and the Democrats: stop the bizarre attempts to discredit hydroxychloroquine to satisfy your own anti-Trump agenda. It may be costing lives."

The findings, conservatives said, highlighted efforts by media partisans to undermine confidence in the drug simply to undercut the president.

The Federalist's Sean Davis added: "Media and incompetent corrupt government officials lied to you about social distancing. They lied to you about hydroxychloroquine. They lied to you about risks to children and the general population. They lied not to help you, but to control you, and they're not going to stop."

Don't ask me why, but I was watching a Canadian news item on Hydroxy that said that studies showed no improvement in patients. Science/medicine in North America is becoming as trustworthy as the media.

You notice they never report studies that show successful hydroxychloroguine trials.

cc

Too True ^^

The left has turned literally everything into politics

That is just one example of the destruction of honest discussion .. and the control over  all not left ... or now maybe over all not hard left now

Anonymous

I can't remember which American network I saw it on, but somebody that encouraged people to attend huge protests said Trump was responsible for the surge in coronavirus cases because he was holding rallies.

:crazy:

cc

Thiel

There doesn't appear to be a one size fits all treatment for COVID-19. Anitvirals like Hydroxychloroquine Kaletra and Remdesivir work for some people, but not all.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

cc

Good point, but it's not trials.  The equipment is supposedly chosen and out there for a month now doing its job testing people for antibodies

Funny we are not hearing much about it .. It's been a month since approval

cc

Quote from: Thiel post_id=370128 time=1594083239 user_id=1688
There doesn't appear to be a one size fits all treatment for COVID-19. Anitvirals like Hydroxychloroquine Kaletra and Remdesivir work for some people, but not all.

I think there's more to it than that. When they are  given greatly affects the outcome, the sooner the more effect they have

Seems both when given early usually reduce the severity and shorten length of illness

That said, neither is a sure cure ... although solid study on "when given vs result" would shed more light on that  ... given when near death is not valid study work

Thiel

Quote from: cc post_id=370147 time=1594087052 user_id=88
Quote from: Thiel post_id=370128 time=1594083239 user_id=1688

I think there's more to it than that. When they are  given greatly affects the outcome, the sooner the more effect they have

Seems both when given early usually reduce the severity and shorten length of illness

That said, neither is a sure cure ... although solid study on "when given vs result" would be interesting

That's part of what I meant too. There isn't a treatment that works 100 per cent of the time and can be given at any time.
gay, conservative and proud