The best topic

Replies: 10553
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Of the 465 non-ICU in Alberta, 75.9% are unvaccinated/partially vaccinated..

Of the 137 in ICU, 89.1% are unvaccinated/partially vaccinated.

Anonymous

We had 405 new cases today. We will follow Alberta and BC and force masks in public.

cc

BC

On a per-capita basis, there were 30 cases per 100,000 fully vaccinated residents between Aug. 31 and Sept. 6,

compared to 244.4 infections per 100,000 unvaccinated people.

The close to 9 / 1 ratio continues - That sure puts it where it's at

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/covid-19-update-b-c-adds-814-new-cases-no-deaths-1.5577081">https://bc.ctvnews.ca/covid-19-update-b ... -1.5577081">https://bc.ctvnews.ca/covid-19-update-b-c-adds-814-new-cases-no-deaths-1.5577081

Cue conspiracists? .. No?

--------------------------------------

Other interesting stats from my spreadsheet

Deaths per case Over Last 10 weeks (this eliminates old stats from way back and shows how things are going "now")

BC--  0.48% - Previously medium, now has improved of late

Alta -- 0.62% - Alta had lead in this category over almost all places in the world from the very start  .. falling off a bit of late

ON -- 1.76% - Not good

QB -- 0.50% (Formally the worse, they are now among the best of late & giving BC a run for it's money

US - 0.92% - Not doing too well

UK -- 0.27% - The best - clearly vaccines, even AZ are keeping people alive as their overall case #s are very high

France - 0.40% - Previously very poor on this are doing very well of last several months

In order to allow for the time between factor between infection and death, I offset the cases "last 10 weeks" back 2 weeks - There is no perfect, but this increases the accuracy of current numbers
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Alberta had a very high eighteen deaths on 1166 cases today.

Anonymous

Alberta's health minister and the chief medical officer of health will announce new measures Thursday to ease pressure on hospitals as the province contends with a surging fourth wave of COVID-19.

cc

Moderna developing a single dose vaccine  that combines a Covid booster & flu shot

Source - Global News TV

Also

Cost to Health Care System of average ICU case is 50,000.00

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

cc

Meh ^ " ... Ethics" .. LOL

Today in BC - 130 in ICU - 9 were vaxxed .. 121 not so much

And the 9 were from 78% of population - 121 from 22% of it

I'm likin the odds

Like Smell the Coffee or what!!

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=420196 time=1631228779 user_id=88
Meh ^ " ... Ethics" .. LOL

Today in BC - 130 in ICU - 9 were vaxxed .. 121 not so much

And the 9 were from 78% of population - 121 from 22% of it

I'm likin the odds

Like Smell the Coffee or what!!

That's strong coffee.

Anonymous

Alberta reported 1,510 new cases out of more than 13,796 tests on Thursday..

The positivity rate was 11 per cent.

cc

https://saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/prince-albert-sask-health-system-may-not-make-it-through-covid-19-surge-medical-health-officer-says-1.5577606">Prince Albert, Sask., health system 'may not make it through' COVID-19 surge, medical health officer says

PRINCE ALBERT -- Dr. Khami Chokani was on call over the long weekend when a three-month-old was admitted to the hospital in Prince Albert, Sask. with COVID-19.

"It's very painful to have that," he said.

"Right now, we have 12 critical care beds for children, pediatric beds. On any given day in the last three weeks, four of those 12 beds have been occupied by COVID-positive kids."

ac_crying

In B.C., proof-of-vaccination will be required soon (with rare exeptions) at non-essential businesses in an effort to curb transmissions. The province has seen hospitalization and intensive care numbers jump this week. Notably, none of the ICU patients under the age of 50 -- about a quarter of the total number -- are fully vaccinated.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=420224 time=1631306145 user_id=88
https://server1.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sfi/safoyhgq/sdfgmufoxq/p2/prince-albert-sask-health-system-may-not-make-it-through-covid-19-surge-medical-health-officer-says-1.5577606">Prince Albert, Sask., health system 'may not make it through' COVID-19 surge, medical health officer says

PRINCE ALBERT -- Dr. Khami Chokani was on call over the long weekend when a three-month-old was admitted to the hospital in Prince Albert, Sask. with COVID-19.

"It's very painful to have that," he said.

"Right now, we have 12 critical care beds for children, pediatric beds. On any given day in the last three weeks, four of those 12 beds have been occupied by COVID-positive kids."

ac_crying

In B.C., proof-of-vaccination will be required soon (with rare exeptions) at non-essential businesses in an effort to curb transmissions. The province has seen hospitalization and intensive care numbers jump this week. Notably, none of the ICU patients under the age of 50 -- about a quarter of the total number -- are fully vaccinated.

That's heartbreaking cc..

Alberta and Saskatchewan will have to implement some form of vaccine passport soon..

We have the QR code which many non essential businesses are implementing, but it will become mandatory provvince wide.

cc

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/health-care-workers-face-moral-injury-from-work-stress-protests-says-expert-1.5579908">Moral injury.

Once hailed as frontline heroes, health-care workers are now the target of anger from those upset over vaccine mandates and passports. One emergency room nurse recounts the emotional toll she recently faced dealing with a difficult work day as patients waited for ICU beds occupied by unvaccinated COVID-19 patients,

while listening to protesters outside the hospital.

Just like the attacking coyotes in Stanley Park are being killed here, I think we are at a point in time where antivaxxer hunting needs to be legalized

Anonymous

We have a nurse friend working in ICU who told us despite rising ICU cases in Calgary, it's never been quieter.

ac_dunno

cc