The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=420755 time=1631931938 user_id=136
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=420754 time=1631931750 user_id=56
Quote from: Odinson post_id=420753 time=1631931677 user_id=136
They are exaggerating.

Our hospital people have not used those terms.

Just complaining about long hours.

You have a public/private hospital mix?

There are private clinics and public clinics.

Private hospitals and public hospitals.

That's what I thought. Finland is better equipped to handle a rapid increase in ICU admissions than our ultra-expensive no competition public health care.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=420759 time=1631932474 user_id=56
They are exaggerating.

That's what I thought. Finland is better equipped to handle a rapid increase in ICU admissions than our ultra-expensive no competition public health care.

Plus our systems are usually designed with war in mind.

They have capacity.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=420763 time=1631933109 user_id=136
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=420759 time=1631932474 user_id=56
They are exaggerating.

Plus our systems are usually designed with war in mind.

They have capacity.

Ours is not equipped to handle any large scale emergency.

Odinson

I find it hard to believe that a few hundred extra patients can collapse a system thats for serving 4,4 million.

Pandemics/epidemics are very likely to happen.

If its not corona, its something else.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=420745 time=1631928676 user_id=56
Alberta spends more per capita than any other province on health care. This province budgets $25 billion a year on health care. How the fuck can 215 people in ICU out of population of 4.4 million collapse a system. Same in Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan, and all over the country, we are told that a tiny percentage of the population being in the ICU was unsustainable.

How can a province spend billions on healthcare, make it the biggest proportion of all government spending, and then warn of 'collapse' when a few hundred people are in intensive care?

Covid has exposed the woefully inadequate state of Canada's healthcare system. Alberta, in particular, somehow only has less than 300 ICU beds with a pop. of 4.4 million.

We spend a huge amount of money on a system that has proven to be unable to manage even a minor spike in ICU admissions??

Let me put it another way. This is the current percentage of Alberta's population that is in the ICU with Covid: 0.00004954545%

Think about that for a moment. The system is about to collapse because 0.00004954545 of the population is in the ICU? We spend $25 billion a year and this is the best we can do. We NEED A PRIVATE HEALTH CARE ALTERNATIVE.

Jesus H, good point. This aint something the media wants to report.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=420768 time=1631933807 user_id=136
I find it hard to believe that a few hundred extra patients can collapse a system thats for serving 4,4 million.

Pandemics/epidemics are very likely to happen.

If its not corona, its something else.

Hell, we aint even close to being prepared. I hadn't given much thought. All the news talks about is the strain on health care. They do not mention that we should be able to handle a hell of a lot more sick people than we can.

Anonymous

How do they measure if it works or not. A big increase in vaccinations?

Theresa Tam admits there is no evidence vaccine passports work

https://tnc.news/2021/09/15/theresa-tam-admits-there-is-no-evidence-vaccine-passports-work/">https://tnc.news/2021/09/15/theresa-tam ... orts-work/">https://tnc.news/2021/09/15/theresa-tam-admits-there-is-no-evidence-vaccine-passports-work/

Canada's chief public health officer Theresa Tam admits that there is no evidence vaccine passports work.

As reported by Blacklock's Reporter, Tam told reporters that The Public Health Agency of Canada has not studied the impact of vaccine passports on vaccination rates, but that they are "watching carefully."

"We don't have good evaluation or statistics except that provinces individually have said, I think in the media, that they saw an increase in uptake," said Tam.

cc

New. Of course no stats

Like everything else encountered in this mess, it's try and assess or just go with your gut and then see how it works. No other alternative

I do agree that our hospital system is unable to handle real emergencies .. our system is very lame.

It couldn't keep up before covid came on the scene
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=420801 time=1631945184 user_id=88
New. Of course no stats

Like everything else encountered in this mess, it's try and assess or just go with your gut and then see how it works. No other alternative

I do agree that our hospital system is unable to handle real emergencies .. our system is very lame.

I thought there would be data from other countries.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=420802 time=1631976468 user_id=3254
New. Of course no stats

The last line on our system was reply to another post.

The main part of reply was intended for the world. It's new to everyone in the world and every change in circumstance means a lag before data can be assessed

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=420813 time=1631981212 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=420802 time=1631976468 user_id=3254
New. Of course no stats

The last line on our system was reply to another post.

The main part of reply was intended for the world. It's new to everyone in the world and every change in circumstance means a lag before data can be assessed

I know there would be no data globally more than about six months old.

cc

We are noticing a clear uptick here since word of Passports, but too early to know how long it will last

We are now at 86.5% for 1st doses of eligible people & will go over 80% this weekend for 2nd doses .. but it's too early to know the final extent of improvement

Anonymous

I just found out that the NDP controlled Alberta Health Services(AHS) received billions more from the provincial and federal governments in April, 2020 to more than triple the ICU capacity in Alberta, but they didn't do that.

https://www.jccf.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Province-of-AB-Actual-ICU-Utilization-with-Modeling-built-in.png?fbclid=IwAR3lbBSOPOQ1PhPgnPKF3ZNegpEMxXgqdK3IbpthSGqEyX3OYcaVYW8xjZA">https://www.jccf.ca/wp-content/uploads/ ... caVYW8xjZA">https://www.jccf.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Province-of-AB-Actual-ICU-Utilization-with-Modeling-built-in.png?fbclid=IwAR3lbBSOPOQ1PhPgnPKF3ZNegpEMxXgqdK3IbpthSGqEyX3OYcaVYW8xjZA

Anonymous

When we closed in March 2020 we had zero vaccination. We were told it was because we needed to increase ICU capacity to 1081 beds. That never happened.

When we locked down in December we were told ICU capacity was 425 beds.

Now we have 80% adult vaccination and we are told ICU capacity is only 300 beds.

Why is it every new fucking wave yields less capacity for ICU than before??

The UCP Government provided Alberta AHS with a record budget this year plus injected cash from the feds and reserves. How could this not have been their top/only priority.  Shouldn't the Alberta AHS administation have to answer for that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=420745 time=1631928676 user_id=56
Alberta spends more per capita than any other province on health care. This province budgets $25 billion a year on health care. How the fuck can 215 people in ICU out of population of 4.4 million collapse a system. Same in Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan, and all over the country, we are told that a tiny percentage of the population being in the ICU was unsustainable.

How can a province spend billions on healthcare, make it the biggest proportion of all government spending, and then warn of 'collapse' when a few hundred people are in intensive care?

Covid has exposed the woefully inadequate state of Canada's healthcare system. Alberta, in particular, somehow only has less than 300 ICU beds with a pop. of 4.4 million.

We spend a huge amount of money on a system that has proven to be unable to manage even a minor spike in ICU admissions??

Let me put it another way. This is the current percentage of Alberta's population that is in the ICU with Covid: 0.00004954545%

Think about that for a moment. The system is about to collapse because 0.00004954545 of the population is in the ICU? We spend $25 billion a year and this is the best we can do. We NEED A PRIVATE HEALTH CARE ALTERNATIVE.

Canada can't handle a pandemic.