The best topic

Replies: 10566
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 06, 2024, 10:32:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 17 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=425166 time=1635373571 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=425159 time=1635371803 user_id=3254
COVID-19 booster shots will be made available to all British Columbians by May 2022..

Alberta had a big increase in cases today as we usually do Wednesday-Friday....645 today.

Why is that? Weekend parties coming to their natural conclusion?

I'm not sure, but that could be it.

cc

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/merck-agrees-to-let-other-drug-makers-make-its-covid-19-pill-1.5640288">Merck agrees to let other drug makers make its COVID-19 pill

LONDON -- Pharmaceutical company Merck agreed to allow other drug makers to produce its COVID-19 pill, in a move aimed at helping millions of people in poorer countries get access to the potentially life-saving drug, a United Nations-backed public health organization said on Wednesday.

The Medicines Patent Pool said in a statement that it had signed a voluntary licensing agreement for molnupiravir with Merck and its partner Ridgeback Biotherapeutics.

The agreement will allow the Medicines Patent Pool to grant further licenses to qualified companies who are approved to make the drug. Neither drug maker will receive royalties under the agreement for as long as the World Health Organization deems COVID-19 to be global emergency. Molnupiravir is the first pill that has been shown to treat the disease.

Merck has requested its pill be licensed by both the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the European Medicines Agency, decisions that could come within weeks.

Merck reported this month that molnupiravir cut hospitalizations and deaths by half among patients with early symptoms of COVID-19. The results were so strong that independent medical experts monitoring the trial recommended stopping it early.

An antiviral pill that people could take at home to reduce their symptoms and speed recovery could prove groundbreaking, easing the crushing caseload on hospitals and helping to curb outbreaks in poorer countries with weak health care systems.

It would also bolster a two-pronged approach to the pandemic: treatment by way of medication and prevention, primarily through vaccinations.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=425172 time=1635375443 user_id=88
https://server9.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sfi/safoyhgq/smno/p2/health/coronavirus/merck-agrees-to-let-other-drug-makers-make-its-covid-19-pill-1.5640288">Merck agrees to let other drug makers make its COVID-19 pill

LONDON -- Pharmaceutical company Merck agreed to allow other drug makers to produce its COVID-19 pill, in a move aimed at helping millions of people in poorer countries get access to the potentially life-saving drug, a United Nations-backed public health organization said on Wednesday.

The Medicines Patent Pool said in a statement that it had signed a voluntary licensing agreement for molnupiravir with Merck and its partner Ridgeback Biotherapeutics.

The agreement will allow the Medicines Patent Pool to grant further licenses to qualified companies who are approved to make the drug. Neither drug maker will receive royalties under the agreement for as long as the World Health Organization deems COVID-19 to be global emergency. Molnupiravir is the first pill that has been shown to treat the disease.

Merck has requested its pill be licensed by both the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the European Medicines Agency, decisions that could come within weeks.

Merck reported this month that molnupiravir cut hospitalizations and deaths by half among patients with early symptoms of COVID-19. The results were so strong that independent medical experts monitoring the trial recommended stopping it early.

An antiviral pill that people could take at home to reduce their symptoms and speed recovery could prove groundbreaking, easing the crushing caseload on hospitals and helping to curb outbreaks in poorer countries with weak health care systems.

It would also bolster a two-pronged approach to the pandemic: treatment by way of medication and prevention, primarily through vaccinations.

I hope Canada buys a lot and donates a lot to third world countries. This is the type of foreign aid that makes sense.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=425168 time=1635374169 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=425166 time=1635373571 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=425159 time=1635371803 user_id=3254

Alberta had a big increase in cases today as we usually do Wednesday-Friday....645 today.

Why is that? Weekend parties coming to their natural conclusion?

I'm not sure, but that could be it.

Just checked back over a few weeks of other places including us. Seems a universal trend which Fri / Sat night parties at homes & bars etc. may well account for it

"Most people with symptoms had them by day 12 .. a few in 3 days  .. many in 5 days from exposure" ... maybe some from 2 preceding weekends ???

We just jumped 0.3% of population 1st shots overnight .. Seems maybe people don't want to be left out and are relenting .. also the "job" issue for many

cc

Just saw this

Fluvoxamine is showing promise in lowering symptoms .. thus also hospitalizations (TV, so no link yet)

It is very commonly used already

A great many people take it for depression and especially  schizophrenia  .. it does require blood checks for long term users ... but a covid therapy, it would be relatively brief time

I'm sure those already on it would have a great head start

cc

Our Premier Horgan is having a biopsy operation tomorrow to check  a growth found in his throat

Apparently he previously had a benign lump on his neck

As to covid, he has done a reasonably good job .. always following the knowns of the ever-evolving science on this relatively new beast

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=425191 time=1635379918 user_id=88
Just saw this

Fluvoxamine is showing promise in lowering symptoms .. thus also hospitalizations (TV, so no link yet)

It is very commonly used already

A great many people take it for depression and especially  schizophrenia  .. it does require blood checks for long term users ... but a covid therapy, it would be relatively brief time

I'm sure those already on it would have a great head start

That's very good news cc.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Alberta had 531 cases today..

Alberta is at almost eighty seven per cent with a first dose and nearly eighty per cent fully vaccinated.

Anonymous

Alberta had 603 cases and eight deaths over the last twenty four hours.

Anonymous

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has added mental illness to its extensive list of high risks of severe COVID-19 illness, according to a Thursday report from the New York Times.

What are the details?

The CDC earlier this month updated its list to include "having mood disorders" as making you more likely to become severely ill from coronavirus.

"Having mood disorders, including depression, and schizophrenia spectrum disorders can make you more likely to get severely ill from COVID-19," the guidelines read.

Dr. Paul Offit, professor at the University of Pennsylvania and member of the FDA's vaccine advisory panel, told the Times that the CDC's list just keeps growing more and more vast.

cc

On a brighter note, Alta has been down 4 weeks in a row .. this week ending today is -1,225

We are down -451 & including 584 cases  today

Our week's total was 4,015    .. yours 3,813

Vax here  now at  89.8%   & 85.0%

In Perspective > Unvacced below are all from only 15 % of population  .. pretty poor odds - It's not hard to see who makes up many deaths

https://twitter.com/adriandix/status/1454208833526501377">https://twitter.com/adriandix/status/14 ... 3526501377">https://twitter.com/adriandix/status/1454208833526501377

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=425466 time=1635548431 user_id=88
On a brighter note, Alta has been down 4 weeks in a row .. this week ending today is -1,225

We are down -451 & including 584 cases  today

Our week's total was 4,015    .. yours 3,813

Vax here  now at  89.8%   & 85.0%

We're not that much behind BC now on first doses and we'll narrow the gap on second doses as almost everybody who gets a first dose, gets a second one.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=425469 time=1635549900 user_id=88
Yup. You guys are getting it together now

Paying people one hundred dollars per dose has worked very well.

cc

Past Week:

Deaths / Case expressed as % ... followed by deaths expressed as  1 in x # of cases
... (x being the number shown below in right column)

UK ...    0.38% ...   262

US ...    1.26% ....   80

CA ...    0.90% ...   111

BC ...     0.83% ...   120

AB ...    0.83% ...   120

ON ...    0.98% ...   102

FL ....    1.90% ...   53

TX ....    1.58% ...   63

IS .....    0.31% ..   318

Notice BC & Alberta rising slowly (in fact all are) - I attribute it to 1. oldsters who got vaxxed very long ago combined with 2. increasing infections by careless unvaxxed as things open more and more

That should start to come back down as boosters for oldsters just being done now start to kick in  .. if unvaxxed don't keep being stupid in their daily habits

The ratio of hospitalizations will likely go back even more toward the unvaxxed group as oldsters boosters kick in

---------------------------------

I hope I'm explaining this so others can understand what is happening

I wish they would play straight ball, as I do want  antibodies to work  ... but we are given no idea how often they are used & they are manipulating the data to show false daily numbers

Yet another week - Yet another Florida playing it's games

3rd column from left is "Daily Deaths" (black text) - calculated by subtracting Today Total  Deaths (grey text) from Yesterday Total Deaths (I use this method for all places)

Column to the right of it is "Total Deaths" supposedly updated each day   :001_rolleyes:

Notice top row (today & new week) they actually posted that "2" for Today's Deaths on worldometer, the worldwide standard  

- yet difference in Total Deaths from one week ago is 887 (Last Saturday to Yesterday (Friday)

Last week they posted 1's, 2's & 3's under daily deaths, yet total for the 7 days increased 900

Top separate line is Saturday, 1st day of the current week were they start  their pattern all over again and post "2" deaths

(It's not accidental as this practice goes back months .. starting from when they started claiming Daily Deaths to be 1, 2 or 3)

https://thebluecashew.net/download/file.php?id=1321">

Interesting is that when they post the true total every few days, they conveniently leave Daily Total blank  :sneaky2:

They are the only place I have caught manipulating data to claim low deaths ...

For Israel & UK (very low deaths rates) both always show Daily Deaths exactly equal to the difference between Totals for yesterday & today

Anonymous

The UK recognizes natural immunity when granting COVID-19 vaccine passports.