The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 13 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

As on now, you DO need test no matter how long you stay .. even to pick up shipment sent to Blaine on border (for example)  .. which I used to do often as well as meet daughter for lunch 15 miles from border

Govt is considering easing this .. they have to to get any cross-border action  .. border lanes are still virtually empty both ways ... like literally drive up to border patrol with no one in front of you
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=427107 time=1636843731 user_id=88
As on now, you DO need test no matter how long you stay .. even to pick up shipment sent to Blaine on border (for example)  .. which I used to do often as well as meet daughter for lunch 15 miles from border

Govt is considering easing this .. they have to to get any cross-border action  .. border lanes are still virtually empty both ways ... like literally drive up to border patrol with no one in front of you

They are empty? ac_wot

cc

Here's live cameras & it's a weekend ... https://www.th.gov.bc.ca/ATIS/index.htm">https://www.th.gov.bc.ca/ATIS/index.htm

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=427109 time=1636844057 user_id=88
Here's live cameras & it's a weekend ... https://www.th.gov.bc.ca/ATIS/index.htm">https://www.th.gov.bc.ca/ATIS/index.htm

I thought there would be lines to the Yukon.

cc

Distance travelers make up a very small portion of overall

Only busy time was until 10 am the day they opened - was snowbirds lined up  going down for winter

By 10 am, a small trickle  ......... & that will not change until Canada removes "within 3 days" test requirement - US imposes no test

cc

Stats for relevant places for comparison updated to yesterday over past 10 weeks (so fairly current & not since start)

First column is Deaths / Case as a % - Right column is same but expressed  as "1 in how many cases who died"

(Does not take into consideration whether vaccinated or not which based on https://thebluecashew.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14059&start=460">https://thebluecashew.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14059&start=460 would be a drastic comparison)

U K ..    0.38% .    264

U S ..    1.41% ..    71

CA ..    0.97% ..    103

BC ..     0.93% ..    107

AB ..    0.98% ..    102

ON ..    0.93% ..    107

FL ...    2.20% ...    46

TX ...    1.89% ...    53

IS ...    0.28% ..    354

Still UK & Israel leading the way by a lot - US & especially some states doing very poorly

In the early days FL & TX were leaders with quite low death / case rates .... that started to change about 6 months ago & they both are quite high now in "overall" death rate and climbing higher "overall" most every week now

Odinson

The vaccine gives you boobs.

And not even good looking ones.

">

Anonymous

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=427141 time=1636909429 user_id=114
Cases are rising again in the US.

In places it is . Overall is down 55,000 cases last week (12%)

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=427147 time=1636910951 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=427141 time=1636909429 user_id=114
Cases are rising again in the US.

In places it is . Overall is down 55,000 cases last week (12%)

I did not know that.

Anonymous

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that it has no record of people who are naturally immune transmitting the virus that causes COVID-19.

Anonymous

Alberta had 286 new cases of COVID-19 from about 6.6K tests today..

Sunday there were 353 new cases from about 7.1K tests..

On Saturday, 429 new cases were ID'd from about 8K tests.

Anonymous

Central and Eastern Europe are now on fire from the latest wave of the virus, which some researchers suspect is no longer Delta. Putting the variant aside, every single European country has gotten at least one wave of the virus — to varying degrees of severity — since Delta proliferated in June. The one exception is Sweden. The Scandinavian country now has the second lowest case rate in all of Europe, but more importantly, unlike Spain, which is the lowest, the Swedes never experienced a single Delta wave (as Spain did in July).

It is self-evident that Sweden's natural immunity was able to preclude any major Delta wave — the only country in Europe to accomplish this feat. Although Sweden currently has a high vaccination rate — slightly higher than that of the U.S. — the Swedish government didn't start its vaccination drive until much later than the U.S., U.K., and other countries that have had two Delta waves.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=427358 time=1637106331 user_id=1689
Central and Eastern Europe are now on fire from the latest wave of the virus, which some researchers suspect is no longer Delta. Putting the variant aside, every single European country has gotten at least one wave of the virus — to varying degrees of severity — since Delta proliferated in June. The one exception is Sweden. The Scandinavian country now has the second lowest case rate in all of Europe, but more importantly, unlike Spain, which is the lowest, the Swedes never experienced a single Delta wave (as Spain did in July).

It is self-evident that Sweden's natural immunity was able to preclude any major Delta wave — the only country in Europe to accomplish this feat. Although Sweden currently has a high vaccination rate — slightly higher than that of the U.S. — the Swedish government didn't start its vaccination drive until much later than the U.S., U.K., and other countries that have had two Delta waves.

Sweden hasn't had a Delta wave?

ac_wot

cc

Sweden, like Florida is playing with us. They go long periods of time with no reports as it suits them

Both report same numbers for a few days (when they report at all)  .. then take a big jump every few days

I'm aware of no other countries, provinces  or states that play those games