The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 22 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Sweden, like Florida is playing with us. They go long periods of time with no reports as it suits them

Both report same numbers for a few days (when they report at all)  .. then take a big jump every few days

I'm aware of no other countries, provinces  or states that play those games.

I  stopped taking either of that 2 seriously on anything quite a while ago

All others report reliably every day about same time with no blanks for days at a time  nor any sudden "surprises".
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=427360 time=1637106540 user_id=3254
Quote from: Herman post_id=427358 time=1637106331 user_id=1689
Central and Eastern Europe are now on fire from the latest wave of the virus, which some researchers suspect is no longer Delta. Putting the variant aside, every single European country has gotten at least one wave of the virus — to varying degrees of severity — since Delta proliferated in June. The one exception is Sweden. The Scandinavian country now has the second lowest case rate in all of Europe, but more importantly, unlike Spain, which is the lowest, the Swedes never experienced a single Delta wave (as Spain did in July).

It is self-evident that Sweden's natural immunity was able to preclude any major Delta wave — the only country in Europe to accomplish this feat. Although Sweden currently has a high vaccination rate — slightly higher than that of the U.S. — the Swedish government didn't start its vaccination drive until much later than the U.S., U.K., and other countries that have had two Delta waves.

Sweden hasn't had a Delta wave?

ac_wot

According to an article in the Blaze.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=427363 time=1637107181 user_id=88
Sweden, like Florida is playing with us. They go long periods of time with no reports as it suits them

Both report same numbers for a few days (when they report at all)  .. then take a big jump every few days

I'm aware of no other countries, provinces  or states that play those games

That's what I was thinking cc..

Sweden had to have had a Delta wave.

cc

blaze - mmm OK  

Moving into reality, what I am seeing here is some good news.

Last cpl of months it looked like Care Homes were going to get as bad as at the start of this whole thing as numbers climbed-

Now that all here have have shot 3, new ones are down to none for past few days .. thus total active is decreasing rapidly

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=427371 time=1637108354 user_id=88
blaze - mmm OK  

Moving into reality, what I am seeing here is some good news.

Last cpl of months it looked like Care Homes were going to get as bad as at the start of this whole thing as numbers climbed-

Now that all here have have shot 3, new ones are down to none for past few days .. thus total active is decreasing rapidly

That's encouraging.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=427369 time=1637108007 user_id=3254

Yes. Sweden right from the start played strange games with numbers reports - Florida seemed pretty good  for a long while .. but after it claimed success with antibodies things went all wonky - Have not heard a mention of antibodies in a long time now .. .then the "numbers game" they have been playing for past 2 months

I wish we could get some antibody news from Florida as I had hope for it  but they suddenly went silent .. and a lot worse, started playing games with reporting

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=427374 time=1637108574 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=427369 time=1637108007 user_id=3254

Yes. Sweden right from the start played games - Florida seemed pretty good  .. but after it claimed success with antibodies things went all wonky - Have not heard a mention in a long time now .. .then the "numbers game" they have been playing for past 2 months

I wish we could get some antibody news from Florida as I had hope for it  but they suddenly went silent .. and a lot worse, started playing games with reporting

It's not possible that Sweden was a Delta free island..

But, Herman said Sweden now has one of the lowest rates of infection in Europe.

cc

Consistent data every day over extended periods of time is the only solid criteria for any reliable conclusions ...  (intermittent & suddenly a catch-up does not instill confidence)

I'm really encouraged by our recent Care Home situation after boosters ... especially now that visiting has opened up as that increases risk a lot . . a bit early to celebrate, but appears to be  turning around of late

Anonymous

Sweden has a high rate of vaccination. If they are keeping the Delta at bay it's because of vaccinations.

cc

If they are keeping it at bay - honest and daily reporting (absent from the start for Sweden) would give one more confidence in their claims

I followed them early on as they tried and failed miserably on a different path and so I monitored it closely

Before they finally admitted they did it wrong, they stopped regular reporting & when they did report things didn't add up. They have continued not reporting regularly so I trust nothing from them now any more that I did early on .. even removed them from the ones I monitor as data was wonky & reporting only on rare occasions .. unlike most all others

Now, Florida has started playing the same game

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=427383 time=1637110300 user_id=88
If they are keeping it at bay - honest and daily reporting (absent from the start for Sweden) would give one more confidence in their claims

I followed them early on as they tried and failed miserably on a different path and so I monitored it closely

Before they finally admitted they did it wrong, they stopped regular reporting & when they did report things didn't add up. They have continued not reporting regularly so I trust nothing from them now any more that I did early on .. even removed them from the ones I monitor as data was wonky & reporting only on rare occasions .. unlike most all others

Now, Florida has started playing the same game

The Sweden column is usually blank on worldometer as it is today.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=427386 time=1637111769 user_id=88exactly

It's been a long time since Sweden has reported daily cases and deaths.

cc

^^ It has - Since their early "experiment" failed them miserably

BC Health - Update Ending Nov 11 (1 week period for Cases, 2 weeks for hospital)

PER 100,000 of Population

... CASES . . .... . Hospitalizations  

Vax ... Unvax    ..... .Vax    .. Unvax

.29    ....  228    ...... ..         2.1 .. .     37

Same ratios as previous report

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=427389 time=1637113573 user_id=88
^^ It has - Since their early "experiment" failed them miserably

BC Health - Update Ending Nov 11 (1 week period for Cases, 2 weeks for hospital)

PER 100,000 of Population

... CASES . . .... . Hospitalizations  

Vax ... Unvax    ..... .Vax    .. Unvax

.29    ....  228    ...... ..         2.1 .. .     37

Same ratios as previous report

Are you reading this Blazor.