The best topic

Replies: 10577
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:01:22 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 13 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=429190 time=1638575441 user_id=1689
I read that of the over 300 cases that have now been diagnosed in many countries, they have all been very mild or in fact had no symptoms at all.

The number of people infected with the Omicron variant must be many times higher than that.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=429190 time=1638575441 user_id=1689
I read that of the over 300 cases that have now been diagnosed in many countries, they have all been very mild or in fact had no symptoms at all.

That sounds good, but still a ways to go to get enough data to be certain

No symptoms or mild suggests random testing, not people who would go in for tests  .. let's hope early indications are accurate and hold!!
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=429172 time=1638569494 user_id=56
If most people only get mild symptoms, Omicron could be the beginning of the end of COVID.

Good point - I was thinking similar - if it's the most  contagious variant but much milder that could have a very good end result .. and it's offspring / variants maintain mildness that would be REALLY good .. but no guarantees yet . . theory and very sparse data so far .. but if the data stays good ....

Again, it's early and most data so far is from 3rd world + it may not be the last variant- Let's hope it passes the test of time!!!

Would be interesting to know what variant it was spun from

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=429218 time=1638581493 user_id=88
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=429172 time=1638569494 user_id=56
If most people only get mild symptoms, Omicron could be the beginning of the end of COVID.

Good point - I was thinking similar - if it's the most  contagious variant but much milder that could have a very good end result .. and it's offspring / variants maintain mildness that would be REALLY good .. but no guarantees yet . . theory and very sparse data so far .. but if the data stays good ....

Again, it's early and most data so far is from 3rd world + it may not be the last variant- Let's hope it passes the test of time!!!

Would be interesting to know what variant it was spun from

We're at least a week away from knowing how serious Omicron is.

Anonymous

The World Health Organization (WHO) on Friday said the COVID-19 omicron variant is now in 38 countries, up from 23 two days ago, suggesting that the variant may be more contagious than Delta.

No deaths have been reported so far in connection to the COVID-19 strain, another WHO spokesperson told reporters Friday.

In South Africa, where the variant was first detected, there has been an increase in hospitalizations.  Officials haven't seen an increase in deaths.

Anonymous

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=429225 time=1638583666 user_id=3254
We're at least a week away from knowing how serious Omicron is.

Yes. I'm keeping it mainly out of my mind. Until there is solid data, we know nothing for certain

cc

The above said, I  couldn't resist posting this meme.

https://blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/covid-omicron-variant.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=429297 time=1638656796 user_id=88
The above said, I  couldn't resist posting this meme.

https://blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/covid-omicron-variant.jpg">

:laugh:

cc

As of Friday, Last 10 Weeks Deaths per case as percentage

U S ..   1.77%

CA ..   0.92%

BC ..   1.03%

AB ..   1.12%

ON ..   0.88%

FL ..   3.15%

TX..    2.11%

IS ..   0.26%

As of Friday,  Last 10 Weeks Deaths per case as in 1 per every X persons

U K   ..   276

U S   ..   56

CA   ..   109

BC   ..   97

AB   ..   89

ON   ..   114

FL   ..   32

TX   ..   47

IS   ..   386

Not sure why, but BC & Alta were doing very well  - rate has been slowly rising for a while now

BC - As of Friday - Vaxxed Vx Unvaxxed Hospitalized over past 2 weeks (per 100,000 people)

Not vaccinated: 32.6

Fully vaccinated: 1.8

Please dingbats, stop filling our hospitals such that  innocent regular folk can't get operations :sad:  :mad:  

Thiel

Quote from: cc post_id=429410 time=1638748804 user_id=88

U S ..   1.77%

CA ..   0.92%

BC ..   1.03%

AB ..   1.12%

ON ..   0.88%

FL ..   3.15%

TX..    2.11%

IS ..   0.26%

U K   ..   276

U S   ..   56

CA   ..   109

BC   ..   97

AB   ..   89

ON   ..   114

FL   ..   32

TX   ..   47

IS   ..   386

Not sure why, but BC & Alta were doing very well  - rate has been slowly rising for a while now

BC - As of Friday - Vaxxed Vx Unvaxxed Hospitalized over past 2 weeks (per 100,000 people)

Please dingbats, stop filling our hospitals such that  innocent regular folk can't get operations :sad:  :mad:  

Do you support vaccine mandates?
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: Thiel post_id=429459 time=1638758836 user_id=1688

U S ..   1.77%

CA ..   0.92%

BC ..   1.03%

AB ..   1.12%

ON ..   0.88%

FL ..   3.15%

TX..    2.11%

IS ..   0.26%

U K   ..   276

U S   ..   56

CA   ..   109

BC   ..   97

AB   ..   89

ON   ..   114

FL   ..   32

TX   ..   47

IS   ..   386

I know you're asking cc, but I do Thiel.

cc

Quote from: Thiel post_id=429459 time=1638758836 user_id=1688

Fair question, but very broad.

I don't recall being so scattered and indecisive before. I bounce around depending on incidents, horror stories / suffering  etc. in short, my thinking at the moment.

That said, I have no qualms in "principle" as I strongly believe  in the rights of the vaccinated to be free from the the unwashed.

"Rights" come with responsibilities, many of which involve the welfare of other people. I'm very clear in my mind on that.

(As to rights for example, drive in a manner that endangers others and see how much right you retain to drive)

S'ides, bars and restaurants, after all they have suffered - Even before proof of vax they did very poorly (as vaxxed were hesitant to come) are doing pretty well now. If the 9% unwashed were allowed, most vaxxed would not come further hurting small business owners and their staff like as though the 9% care

As to the bigger issues I have mixed feelings ... although zero sympathy for cries of "rights" by the 9% unwashed who care nothing about the rights for others while at the same times claiming their  "rights". Dunno where to come down on some of the biggies

I'm never shy to state where I'm at so will post more on that when I decide where I am at

Anonymous

QuoteI strongly believe in the rights of the vaccinated to be free from the the unwashed.

So do I cc.

cc

Merck to produce it's covid antiviral Moinupiravic Ontario

That's good for Canada getting back into the medicine production field, but I hope we can get the product from existing operations until this is complete