The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 17 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

XI variant we won't get BC data till tomorrow

We are up 934 on last weeks average day - You guys 813 (both are 3 day total)

The good news here (and likely elsewhere is that so far hospitalizations have nor increased at all for us) ??

Most important, the vaxxed vs unvaxxed rate of hospitalizations per 100,000 people has actually opened further - vaxxed = 1 .. unvaxxed = 24

UK death per / case rate has decreased further ... but it needs more time to be certain that is the trend
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=431592 time=1640049537 user_id=88
XI variant we won't get BC data till tomorrow

We are up 934 on last weeks average day - You guys 813 (both are 3 day total)

The good news here (and likely elsewhere is that so far hospitalizations have nor increased at all) ??

Most important, the vaxxed vs unvaxxed rate of hospitalizations per 100,000 people has actually opened further - vaxxed = 1 .. unvaxxed = 24

UK death per / case rate has decreased further ... but it needs more time to be certain that is the trend

BC had 2550 cases over three days..

Hospitalizations and ICU didn't go up over the weekend in Alberta.

cc

Let's hope that hospital trend continues .. .it's still early, but the start is good here & there

It's also good that the vax vs unvax hospital rate / 100,000 is not only holding, getting a bit better

Canada over 10,000 today - doubled in a week

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=431600 time=1640052132 user_id=88
Let's hope that hospital trend continues .. .it's still early, but the start is good here & there

It's also good that the vax vs unvax hospital rate / 100,000 is not only holding, getting a bit better

That's good news cc..

I haven't been checking Canada that much here..

I've been following the news here in Europe..

It's so sad here......so may beautiful Christmas displays and empty streets.

Anonymous

Dr Bonnie Henry says it's inevitable that most people will be exposed to the new Omicron variant.

Anonymous

Alberta has reported 786 new cases today while the province's Omicron case count is now at 1,609.

cc

We are getting collabered here

1,308 new cases today - most ever and highest day increase .. and  756 cases of XI

The variant also appears to have significant immune evasion, Henry said, meaning it has an easier time re-infecting people who caught COVID-19 previously, as well as those who are fully immunized.

# "It's become clear that our best-case scenario about how Omicron might be different in terms of severity is looking less and less likely."

Hospitalizations have not yet begun to increase dramatically, but Henry suggested that things could change as there is always a lag between cases and need for hospitalizations

There's still a lot they don't know yet, but this one is so easily infectious we are in for a bad time

Anonymous

Quebec set an all time one day recored for any province. They had 5.043 cases today. I don't know the breakdown of the new omi variant.

Also, nobody seems to have immunity against it. Vaccinated, recovered, doesn't matter, omi is an equal opportunity variant.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=431717 time=1640147029 user_id=56
Quebec set an all time one day recored for any province. They had 5.043 cases today. I don't know the breakdown of the new omi variant.

Also, nobody seems to have immunity against it. Vaccinated, recovered, doesn't matter, omi is an equal opportunity variant.

They did. And after a bad start, they did quite  well for a long while ... until very recent

Not equal, but does tear into the vaccines a lot. Let's see how hospitalizations go .. will take a week or so to know

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=431733 time=1640157825 user_id=88
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=431717 time=1640147029 user_id=56

They did. And after a bad start, they did quite  well for a long while ... until very recent

Not equal, but does tear into the vaccines a lot. Let's see how hospitalizations go .. will take a week or so to know

I don't pay much attention to daily case counts like you and Fash do. Hospitalizations/ICU are what I look at.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=431738 time=1640168172 user_id=56
I don't pay much attention to daily case counts like you and Fash do. Hospitalizations/ICU are what I look at.

Agreed hospitalizations is the most important factor. That said, cases = % of coming  hospitalizations so they are not only a factor, but a direct factor and precursor for not far in future hospitalizations

With this new one we do not yet know that % is ... stories of lighter are just that, stories based on unknown data ... jumped on & amplified by the usual AV crew who know nothing but keep flack flying ..  seems spreading incorrect and / or not yet known "flack" is their calling in life

The reason I don't use Hospital numbers is because they are are static, "today" only ... Cases give the needed info for the near future to prepare for ... We'll soon see and soon know the exact correlation per case for this new one

cc

Update on that subject - I see that UK just hit 106,000 cases today (double a week ago). It also shows low numbers in the "serious" column and not much increase in deaths .. all good indicators .. but only early indicators. (I never use that area "serious" as I have no idea how accurate it is)

Another week or two and we'll know what to expect on how sever  and / or hospitalizations. Till then it's a guessing game

More confusing data, 2 of my other indicators / predictors, Germany & Italy  are not showing greatly higher cases, but both are showing spikes in deaths last few days  :confused1:

deadskinmask

i'm sure canadian hospitals are absolutely un-corruptable.... but did you know that here in the states, vaccinated ppl aren't tested for covid unless they request one or are being admitted for covid-like symptoms? interestingly enough, unvaccinated ppl are automatically given covid tests regardless of what they're admitted for.... and should they test positive, they're placed in a covid ward and listed as covid patients despite not being there for covid.... lets not even discuss the gray areas of fully vaccinated ppl being labelled as unvaccinated because of a lapse in their 'booster' schedule.... and just so you know, the CDC hypes the vaccination percentages by as much as 10 to 20 percent.... alabama is actually around 30% vaccinated despite reporting around just under 50%....

cc

Howdy Deader

You have confused me as to what is wrong here .. Seems most of it is common sense daily activity

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=431744 time=1640198448 user_id=1582
.... did you know that here in the states, vaccinated ppl aren't tested for covid unless they request one or are being admitted for covid-like symptoms? interestingly enough, unvaccinated ppl are automatically given covid tests regardless of what they're admitted for.... and should they test positive, they're placed in a covid ward and listed as covid patients despite not being there for covid....

I don't get what the problem / conspiracy in all that is? Seems they are doing what would be expected based on your description

Quotelets not even discuss the gray areas of fully vaccinated ppl being labelled as unvaccinated because of a lapse in their 'booster' schedule.... and just so you know, the CDC hypes the vaccination percentages by as much as 10 to 20 percent.... alabama is actually around 30% vaccinated despite reporting around just under 50%....

Again, so what is the point? and more important, how do you know?  and why is this important? and what would be the motive if it is true?

Anyhowzers, this new one is so infectious it is turning everything on its head where it has a foothold. Despite "stories", it's too soon in the Northern hemisphere to know how deadly it is .. or isn't

deadskinmask

if a hospital admits 1000 ppl and half of them were vaccinated and therefore untestested versus the other half who are automatically tested with tests that are not reliable and 'lean towards' positive.... well.... that just seems somewhat unfair to me.... as for the motive of hyping the number of vaccinated, i would have to speculate on that and even then it would just be 'my opinion' and useless in the context of this conversation.... but i think that the fact that they're not being transparent and playing fast and loose with numbers is problematic for me....