The best topic

Replies: 10566
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 06, 2024, 10:32:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 20 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Now will folks believe that vaccination does NOT stop the spread.

We had a headline here in one of our news channels..."There are eight people who are in hospital, including a man in his 30s in intensive care."

It went on to say that half those 8 were unvaccinated.

Gee, wow. Half.

Except that meant that half of them WERE vaccinated.

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=431923 time=1640393919 user_id=1560
Now will folks believe that vaccination does NOT stop the spread.

We had a headline here in one of our news channels..."There are eight people who are in hospital, including a man in his 30s in intensive care."

It went on to say that half those 8 were unvaccinated.

Gee, wow. Half.

Except that meant that half of them WERE vaccinated.

1. This repetition is getting boring

For the umpteenth time, no one said it "STOPS" spread, ... merely that it helps reduce spread some & increases survival rate greatly  ... yet you continue with this crap over & over & over :dash1:

2. As to half, what % of population are vaccinated? ... 2% or 3 ????

I use 1 in 100,000 of the population (you can use whatever population number you prefer)  as yardstick  to make the comparison fair, accurate, meaningful & and relevant vs. raw numbers that have no meaning as to comparison

Using that yardstick, WE are currently getting Hospitalizations at 21 / 1[/b]) https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0240-002452">https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0240-002452.

I'll take my odds vs the unwashed

Sorry, it doesn't always give deaths comparison, but last time it did a much larger % of unvaxxed in hospital were dying vs. those vaxxed .. therefore, the comparative odds of  dying are somewhat more than hospitalization comparison of 21 / 1

And that's not a headline, rather it's BC Health data direct .. All other provincial health depts  are finding very similar ratios

Dunno what you guys are doin wrong  ...  Maybe the stuff doesn't work upside-down?? .. Dunno .... Nice try tho ..
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

The old lady has us booked next week for our third jab.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=431928 time=1640400444 user_id=1689
The old lady has us booked next week for our third jab.

We will see if the omicron varient can get around a third jab. Even people like myself who have recovered from COVID are catching it. Nobody immune.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=431962 time=1640475890 user_id=114
We will see if the omicron varient can get around a third jab. Even people like myself who have recovered from COVID are catching it. Nobody immune.

Yes, it is getting around .. a lot more than the numbers say as 1. "Maybe" not as sick so don't report and 2. Here it almost impossible to get a test what with long lines etc .. so a lot of non-reporting

Yes, it is breaking through vaccines and previously infected - however the power of preventing serious is as good as always

See just above our comparative numbers re: hospitalizations  ^^ .. hospital numbers of vacced vs. unvaxxed are pretty much exact unlike case numbers .. and dramatic. As usual they ignore past infection, they are terrible on that one

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=431970 time=1640479863 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=431962 time=1640475890 user_id=114

Yes, it is getting around .. a lot more than the numbers say as 1. "Maybe" not as sick so don't report and 2. Here it almost impossible to get a test what with long lines etc .. so a lot of non-reporting

Yes, it is breaking through vaccines and previously infected - however the power of preventing serious is as good as always

See just above our comparative numbers re: hospitalizations  ^^ .. hospital numbers of vacced vs. unvaxxed are pretty much exact unlike case numbers .. and dramatic. As usual they ignore past infection, they are terrible on that one

The daily case count has never been higher in Canada. But, I suspect it's actually a lot higher than what is reported.

cc

Page turned - did you see the 21/1 on hospitalizations from BC Health??

The ratio has stayed there for many weeks now ..  27.2 per 100,000 population for unvaxxed Vs. & 1.3 per 100,000 population for vaxxed

Anonymous

South Africa has announced it will halt contact tracing and end quarantine for asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 as the dynamics of the outbreak warrant a shift towards mitigation and away from containment strategies, which are "no longer appropriate."

Bricktop

While western governments still grope in the darkness of their own stupidity.

Earlier, in this debacle, western governments were praised for the harsh measures imposed on their people. It was widely believed that good management of the plague would certainly ensure a victory in the next election.

As the people learned more, gained insight and knowledge of the true nature of the beast, they have turned on those same governments.

Their next election might not work out as they hoped.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=432126 time=1640570896 user_id=1560
While western governments still grope in the darkness of their own stupidity.

Earlier, in this debacle, western governments were praised for the harsh measures imposed on their people. It was widely believed that good management of the plague would certainly ensure a victory in the next election.

As the people learned more, gained insight and knowledge of the true nature of the beast, they have turned on those same governments.

Their next election might not work out as they hoped.

This is the West's first pandemic. I could forgive lockdowns once. Now it's the default position of the West as soon as cases start rising. How fucking stupid.

cc

I don't have the answer. At the risk of appearing to defend government, something I find painful ....

one cannot deny that overrunning hospitals is a disaster for all and especially for the very ill  ... and cannot be allowed, (and in fact would be cruel)

Any country or health area that allows its hospitals to be overrun   1. has not done their job & 2.  should be greatly maligned

Finding that balance is always a work in progress when dealing with a constantly moving and not completely predictable target.. Achieving that while still keeping all of it's citizens (where everyone is an expert and has mainly their own interest at heart) is impossible to achieve

Anonymous

I checked, Alberta won't be realeasing Christmas weekend data until tomorrow..

Regular reporting won't resume until January 4.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=432196 time=1640651844 user_id=3254
I checked, Alberta won't be realeasing Christmas weekend data until tomorrow..

Regular reporting won't resume until January 4.

To my surprise, BC Health brought it all up to date today .. . with the stated reservation that case numbers are likely much higher than reported  due to many not reporting.

That said for cases only, hospitalizations by the very nature of its system and methods are spot on. I think that can be said to all Canadian Health Depts.

After I sort out the several days of BC's report, I'll report on it. Historically we tend to be close to Alberta's trends

cc

Fash - We got some results, but as always around holiday it is not complete yet

Last 3 days including today with 25th at bottom - "Confirmed" cases - Of course there are many more who did not test

They said it will be 2 days before full reporting with hospitalizations & vaccinated etc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=432229 time=1640659434 user_id=88
Fash - We got some results, but as always around holiday it is not complete yet

Last 3 days including today with 25th at bottom - "Confirmed" cases - Of course there are many more who did not test

They said it will be 2 days before full reporting with hospitalizations & vaccinated etc

About a week after Christmas we should know what's really going on. We are back to wearing a mask inside the locomotive. There is only myself and the conductor and since we are both vaxxed, we don't.