The best topic

Replies: 10566
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 06, 2024, 10:32:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 20 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

BC tapering down a bit since  25th on "reported" cases - little hospital or other info .. They have gone to sleep over Christmas period  

I see Manitoba getting high

Alberta high but below us per cap.

Ontario very high

Quebec very very high and rising

UK almost 130,000  .. they decided to not tighten up  .. still way better that most others on deaths / case  .. in fact better than Israel of late

US over 300,000 today .. close to 2000 deaths

We might get more full and reliable data for a cpl of days in all places, then go screwy for a few more days New Years

Of course all numbers do not include those who do not report
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

So where did that come from  ..and what or where do you think that thing is?

I never thot about it before so am totally in the dark in all respects of it

Bricktop

That is a scene from Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

It represents England during the Black Plague, when the dead were so numerous the only way to stop them rotting in their homes was to organise carters to go from street to street hailing the living to bring out their dead, whereuopn they were taken to mass graves.

"According to medieval historian Philip Daileader, it is likely that over four years, 45–50% of the European population died of plague.[112][g] Norwegian historian Ole Benedictow suggests it could have been as much as 60% of the European population"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

The morbity rate was staggering.

This was the worst pandemic in human history. This Covid bug is nowhere close to such a calamity. Even now, with millions infected, the death toll globally is 5,500 from a total number of KNOWN infections of 283 MILLION. Less than one tenth of one percent.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/">//https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

And we know that of the deaths recorded, many if not most had pre-existing health conditions that rendered them vulnerable to pneomonic infections.

This panic is entirely disproportionate to the threat of Covid infection.

Please note that I always cite my source. Unlike Freud I have a tertiary education.

Anonymous

Your math is off. There are 283,209,339 confirmed cases. Of those, 5,430,731 people have died so far. That is a death rate of 1.9 percent. But, I agree the global reaction is disproportionate to the severity of the virus.

cc

1.9 computes .... some are much better, but that's the overall;

He missed death count by 3  decimal points  = a factor of 1,000 times over :2r4ml1j_th:

Maybe Blaze got his account password?

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=432335 time=1640749692 user_id=88
1.9 computes .... some are much better, but that's the overall;

He missed death count by 3  decimal points  = a factor of 1,000 times over :2r4ml1j_th:

Maybe Blaze got his account password?

The US alone has had 842,000 COVID deaths.

Anonymous

I see cases are exploding in Ontario and Quebec....Quebec had 12,000 cases yesterday.

cc

Yes .. All across Canada  .. .Well, most everywhere in the world

At times it seems in places to be lessening - but with Christmas, most health depts are way behind ,, can't rely even on daily "known" cases .. and hospitalizations don't get a mention

BC "says" & I think Albetra also. that they  will get up to date tomorrow .. We'll see

Then of course New Years will send it all backward again

Nurses and Doctors are not getting those breaks

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=432360 time=1640761462 user_id=88
Yes .. All across Canada  .. .Well, most everywhere in the world

At times it seems in places to be lessening - but with Christmas, most health depts are way behind ,, can't rely even on daily "known" cases .. and hospitalizations don't get a mention

BC "says" & I think Albetra also. that they  will get up to date tomorrow .. We'll see

Then of course New Years will send it all backward again

Nurses and Doctors are not getting those breaks

The numbers for Canada yesterday were high, but still probably much lower than the real case count.

Anonymous

The sooner this happens, the better.

COVID-19 Will Become 'Just Another Cause of Common Cold': UK Professor

COVID-19 will become "just another cause of the common cold" and people who test positive will have to be allowed to go about their normal lives as they would do with any other cold, a British medical professor has said.

Paul Hunter, professor in medicine at the University of East Anglia, told BBC Breakfast on Dec. 28: "COVID is only one virus of a family of coronaviruses, and the other coronaviruses throw off new variants typically every year or so, and that's almost certainly what's going to happen with COVID—it will become effectively just another cause of the common cold."

Hunter said that, at some point, the daily reporting of COVID-19 case numbers will no longer be warranted.

"We're not going to be doing daily reporting on cases of the different causes of the common cold going forward, of which COVID is one," he said, adding that restrictions could be scaled back once the Omicron variant has been dealt with, possibly after Easter.

Hunter said: "We're going to have to let people who are positive go about their normal lives as they would do with any other cold.

He said the self-isolation rules will have to be relaxed at some point, because "this is a disease that's not going away."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/covid-19-will-become-just-another-cause-of-common-cold-uk-professor_4180965.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-12-29&mktids=3021cf6f1a9af9fbb5ab6ba2eecf65ad&est=FP7NxHbx5ib7hkD5yms0rdIGTuFTDDeStaHkx8SJn86GV9TuX8QQxjq6seihcfc8rA%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morni ... c8rA%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/covid-19-will-become-just-another-cause-of-common-cold-uk-professor_4180965.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-12-29&mktids=3021cf6f1a9af9fbb5ab6ba2eecf65ad&est=FP7NxHbx5ib7hkD5yms0rdIGTuFTDDeStaHkx8SJn86GV9TuX8QQxjq6seihcfc8rA%3D%3D

cc

If it becomes just like common cold, yes .. that would obviously end this mess

But he doesn't know that .. he's hypothesizing ... an educated guess

In the end we will have to wait and see how it all goes

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=432421 time=1640796614 user_id=88
If it becomes just like common cold, yes .. that would obviously end this mess

But he doesn't know that .. he's hypothesizing

This state of pandemic can't continue much longer. We have to move to an endemic pretty soon.

cc

True. That's what we all hope. Was just commenting that this piece was simply  hypothesizing ... not actual fact yet

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=432423 time=1640796975 user_id=88
True. That's what we all hope. Was just commenting that this piece was simply  hypothesizing ... not actual fact yet

I'm not hypothesizing. We have vaccines, we have treatments. End the pandemic now.