The best topic

Replies: 10553
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

pffft  

Maybe stick to repetitious blatant "females are the root of all evil"  where you seem comfortable.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=434798 time=1642201303 user_id=88
Let's keep in mind the more severe Delta is still going strong ... most of the severe cases in hospital are Delta and it doesn't seem to be going away .. albeit usually at lower case rates when it is circulating alone

I was wondering what happened to Delta.

Anonymous

Alberta reported 6163 new cases today and five deaths..

We now have 822 people in hospital and ICU increased by two to eighty one.

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=434801 time=1642201644 user_id=88
pffft  

Maybe stick to repetitious blatant "females are the root of all evil"  where you seem comfortable.

Happy to oblige.

The hysteria and fear, as clearly shown in the posting in this clearly misnamed thread (True and Helpful it aint) is largely driven by YOUR obsession.

You are feeding the fear narrative for reasons I fail to understand. There is no reason to keep banging on, day after day, posting alarmist headlines and pointless data that members can see for themselves. Repeating what is already known is far from helpful.

Deny, if you will, that you are frightened on this plague, despite the fact that you are highly unlikely to be deleteriously affected by it.

Over 200 pages of parroting headlines and data that is reported in every news service around the globe is clearly fear mongering.

I assume you have a uterus.

In this case of this evil, you are indeed the root. And branches.

deadskinmask

our hospitalizations are up by nearly 50% due in part to omicron and i think were getting as much as 35 mpg.... our reflux capacitors are in overdrive and theres no sign of slowing down.... now with onifludeltacoldmonia appearing sporadically across the coast, i fear the end is near.... theres no hope for us.... do not come.... end transmission....

Anonymous

Bricktop, I consider this a COVID current events thread..

When I was in Europe, I checked it several times each day just in case I missed something about new rules for returning Canadians.

cc

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=434813 time=1642205647 user_id=1582
our hospitalizations are up by nearly 50% due in part to omicron and i think were getting as much as 35 mpg.... our reflux capacitors are in overdrive and theres no sign of slowing down.... now with onifludeltacoldmonia appearing sporadically across the coast, i fear the end is near.... theres no hope for us.... do not come.... end transmission....

OK, I'll hold off my trip to come see you for a cpl of weeks

I'm disappointed, but thanks for the tipoff
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=434814 time=1642205723 user_id=3254

When I was in Europe, I checked it just in case I missed something about new rules for returning Canadians.

Fash, seriously.

If the source of the information that is important to you is a web forum, you should look further afield. I am sure Canada, like Australia, has a dedicated Covid web site that gives all the details that our resident Bad News Bear repeats ad nauseum for reasons she has not fully explained.

Remember the principle of Chinese whispers. Even in good faith, people repeating information from other sources will make errors of interpretation.

It's called "hearsay", and is impermissible in court hearings because of its potential for misinterpretation.

And as an aside...if a thread has the word "true" in it, it is already suspect.

This thread should be called "cc's delusional and paranoid thread".

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=434822 time=1642208088 user_id=1560
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=434814 time=1642205723 user_id=3254

When I was in Europe, I checked it just in case I missed something about new rules for returning Canadians.

Fash, seriously.

If the source of the information that is important to you is a web forum, you should look further afield. I am sure Canada, like Australia, has a dedicated Covid web site that gives all the details that our resident Bad News Bear repeats ad nauseum for reasons she has not fully explained.

Remember the principle of Chinese whispers. Even in good faith, people repeating information from other sources will make errors of interpretation.

It's called "hearsay", and is impermissible in court hearings because of its potential for misinterpretation.

And as an aside...if a thread has the word "true" in it, it is already suspect.

This thread should be called "cc's delusional and paranoid thread".

I checked KLM Royal Dutch Airlines' website for information on Canada rather than the hodgepodge the government of Canada provides just to give you an idea of how slow to navigate Ottawa's information is.

Bricktop

It is still a more reliable and valid source than a thread in a web forum.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=434835 time=1642210647 user_id=1560
It is still a more reliable and valid source than a thread in a web forum.

The government of Canada website?

Of course the information is there, but it's not easy to navigate.

Bricktop

Well, I guess you'll just have to rely on cc to navigate for you.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=434861 time=1642220052 user_id=1560
Well, I guess you'll just have to rely on cc to navigate for you.

cc posts, I post, you post.....just like any other thread.

Gaon

Third doses are not controlling the spread in Israel, Positivity has never been higher. That is all the information I have. I do not know how many of the hospitalizations are Delta or omicron. Nothing that has been tried is working. Let's try a different approach. What is Sweden doing.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: Gaon post_id=434866 time=1642221679 user_id=3170
Third doses are not controlling the spread in Israel, Positivity has never been higher. That is all the information I have. I do not know how many of the hospitalizations are Delta or omicron. Nothing that has been tried is working. Let's try a different approach. What is Sweden doing.

Omicron is different from previous variants..

But, as cc reminded us, we're not done with Delta yet..

I'm waiting to see if the omicron trend in South Africa and now in Britain of numbers dissipating as fast as they rose happens here......I really hope so,