The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Poppy post_id=435317 time=1642531594 user_id=3287
https://www.covidtests.gov/">https://www.covidtests.gov/

You are able to get max 4 free covid at home test at this new site for USA residents.

The most amazing thing is the site did not crash and you are actually able to order four free at home covid tests.

Canadian provinces have a shortage.

cc

Antivaxxers are fun to watch .. and a bit strange

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/alta-restaurant-ordered-to-close-for-accepting-dog-pictures-instead-of-proof-of-vaccination-1.5744752">Alta. restaurant ordered to close for accepting dog pictures instead of proof of vaccination

A Red Deer, Alta., restaurant was ordered to close after an investigation found staff were not asking for proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test and instead accepting dog photos from customers to dine inside, Alberta Health Services said.

In an order written to The Granary's owners, Patrick Malkin and Rachael Willie, AHS said it received complaints that restaurant staff had allowed customers to dine in after they showed a picture of a dog and ID.

Then, on Jan. 11, AHS said two test shoppers at separate times were able to enter The Granary after they showed a picture of a dog instead of their QR codes.

"In both instances, facility staff used a tablet to make it appear as if they were scanning a QR code when in fact the staff member was presented with a photograph of a dog," the AHS order reads. "The staff member then proceeded to ask the test shopper for personal identification and offered dine in services."

Needless to say, they are not open today .. I wonder if they let dogs eat there?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I know businesses all over rural Saskatchewan that aint forcing people to show proof of vaccination.

cc

MORE FOOD FOR THOUGHT

https://globalnews.ca/news/8521031/covid-omicron-treatment-paxlovid-antiviral/">Pfizer's COVID pill is in short supply. Should unvaccinated be prioritized?

With a limited supply of Pfizer's new COVID-19 treatment, Paxlovid, bound for Canada, the country's top doctors have identified groups that should be first in line to get the pills — including unvaccinated older Canadians.

Giving unvaccinated Canadians access to this COVID-19 medication isn't only the right thing to do, it's smart public health policy, says one bioethicist.

"It would be ethically unjustifiable, and it would not be scientifically sound to withhold this limited drug from unvaccinated people," said Dr. Kerry Bowman, a bioethicist at the University of Toronto.

In clinical trial data submitted to Health Canada, the drug was found to reduce risk of hospitalization and death by 89 per cent, according to Dr. Supriya Sharma, Canada's chief medical adviser.

"From a triage point of view, (vaccination status) is not relevant information...we don't want highly sick people in the intensive care unit with COVID that don't have to be there," Bowman said.

"And so if, in fact, you could avert some of the unvaccinated entering our ICU and taking up space, which is what everyone's upset and complaining about, all the more reason to do that."

Different Provinces are taking different approaches to this .. it is their individual call

Deliberate EDIT to save a post  that should never have been needed to state the obvious as they can't  impose them on anyone, just as applies to all meds

Thus, if they decide to offer them to the unwashed, it will be interesting to see how those previously refusing what they claim "untested" meds  .. but are now quite ill, will deal with it  :wink:

Bricktop

They're still imposing chemicals on people.

I get the intent, and the good faith of those advocating these chemicals, but if their process still demands the ingestion or injection of drugs against an individuals will, it isn't going to change much.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=435359 time=1642554457 user_id=88
MORE FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Pfizer's COVID pill is in short supply. Should unvaccinated be prioritized?

With a limited supply of Pfizer's new COVID-19 treatment, Paxlovid, bound for Canada, the country's top doctors have identified groups that should be first in line to get the pills — including unvaccinated older Canadians.

Giving unvaccinated Canadians access to this COVID-19 medication isn't only the right thing to do, it's smart public health policy, says one bioethicist.

"It would be ethically unjustifiable, and it would not be scientifically sound to withhold this limited drug from unvaccinated people," said Dr. Kerry Bowman, a bioethicist at the University of Toronto.

In clinical trial data submitted to Health Canada, the drug was found to reduce risk of hospitalization and death by 89 per cent, according to Dr. Supriya Sharma, Canada's chief medical adviser.

"From a triage point of view, (vaccination status) is not relevant information...we don't want highly sick people in the intensive care unit with COVID that don't have to be there," Bowman said.

"And so if, in fact, you could avert some of the unvaccinated entering our ICU and taking up space, which is what everyone's upset and complaining about, all the more reason to do that."

Different Provinces are taking different approaches to this .. it is their individual call

Deliberate EDIT to save a post  that should never have been needed to state the obvious as they can't  impose them on anyone, just as applies to all meds

Thus, if they decide to offer them to the unwashed, it will be interesting to see how those previously refusing what they claim "untested" meds  .. but are now quite ill, will deal with it  ]

They will take the medicine if they are sick. I know I would have when I was sick with the coronavirus.

cc

I'm not sure .... For the big talkers, it would be a "put your money where your mouth is" moment   :wink:

No one of sane mind can be forced btw

Patients must always be free to consent to or refuse treatment, and be free of any suggestion of duress or coercion.

https://www.cmpa-acpm.ca/en/advice-publications/handbooks/consent-a-guide-for-canadian-physicians">https://www.cmpa-acpm.ca/en/advice-publ ... physicians">https://www.cmpa-acpm.ca/en/advice-publications/handbooks/consent-a-guide-for-canadian-physicians

cc

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/uk-plans-to-scrap-all-covid-19-laws-and-moves-to-accept-the-virus-like-the-flu-report">British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is reportedly planning to do away with all COVID-19 laws in the United Kingdom

as case numbers drop and the country learns to treat the virus like a seasonal flu.

The government is considering ending all legally enforced policies in England and is instead moving to a guidance-based system, a source told the Daily Mail. Laws that have existed since the beginning of the pandemic, including enforced self-isolation after an infection, could come to a halt, the source said.

Emergency COVID-19 laws put into effect at the beginning of the pandemic are already scheduled to end in March, according to a timetable created before the omicron variant outbreak.

Officials are reportedly discussing scrapping policies, such as the enforced use of COVID-19 passports, as early as later this month.

[UK is around  100,000 known cases / day & reported an average of  400 deaths / day over past 2 days (higher than usual)]

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=435475 time=1642616868 user_id=88
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is reportedly planning to do away with all COVID-19 laws in the United Kingdom

as case numbers drop and the country learns to treat the virus like a seasonal flu.

The government is considering ending all legally enforced policies in England and is instead moving to a guidance-based system, a source told the Daily Mail. Laws that have existed since the beginning of the pandemic, including enforced self-isolation after an infection, could come to a halt, the source said.

Emergency COVID-19 laws put into effect at the beginning of the pandemic are already scheduled to end in March, according to a timetable created before the omicron variant outbreak.

Officials are reportedly discussing scrapping policies, such as the enforced use of COVID-19 passports, as early as later this month.

[UK is around  100,000 known cases / day & reported an average of  400 deaths / day over past 2 days (higher than usual)]

I hope they don't have to do what Alberta, Saskatchewan and BC did and have to reinstate lockdowns and restrictions after dropping all of them.

Anonymous

Alberta reported 3527 new cases today with hospitalizations increasing by thirty.

Frood

4% and 64%

:MG_216:

Yet they keep mandating!

https://www.bitchute.com/video/lntmVmaxbLZS/">https://www.bitchute.com/video/lntmVmaxbLZS/
Blahhhhhh...

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Freedom of Information act shows Covid deaths vastly exaggerated -

">
Life is too short to be in a hurry

cc

127,704  excess above average according to this critter ... interesting

Yet total covid deaths reported for that period is 148,624

Does he actually think the rate is static year to year?  a mere 19,000 above 5 yr "average" which of course also includes a lower population  the way UK has been bringing them in ... and   the past 2 under very different circumstances

What's the problem here?

You do realize that IF death count was too high, that would mean the Death / Case rate would be even higher than 1.15%   .. right?  :wink:

Frood

Quote from: cw_ post_id=435602 time=1642727790 user_id=3226
">

ac_toofunny
Blahhhhhh...