The best topic

Replies: 10569
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:49:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 29 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Restrictions are coming in Ontario unless those numbers change for the better.

Anonymous

Israel is back in a hard national lock down. They had over 11.000 cases yesterday. They have about one quarter of Canada's population. Where is Gaon.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=383933 time=1600914692 user_id=114
Israel is back in a hard national lock down. They had over 11.000 cases yesterday. They have about one quarter of Canada's population. Where is Gaon.

:ohmy:

Anonymous

Alberta has fifty eight people in the hospital and fourteen in intensive care which is higher, but very manageable.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=384112 time=1601001350 user_id=3254
Alberta has fifty eight people in the hospital and fourteen in intensive care which is higher, but very manageable.

We are now up to that level - almost 1400 active cases

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=384120 time=1601002660 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=384112 time=1601001350 user_id=3254

We are now up to that level - almost 1400 active cases

Speaking of active cases, there are thirty two million people worldwide who have caught the virus, but nine million are active.

Anonymous

Canada reported 1251 new infections yesterday without Alberta and BC reporting..

This is the highest since early May.

Anonymous

We had 65 new cases in Manitoba yesterday. That's our second daily total yet.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=384366 time=1601202981 user_id=3254
Canada reported 1251 new infections yesterday without Alberta and BC reporting..

I'm good for world, US Canada as a whole and BC .. The areas I have been tracking for trends to date

What do you use for Canada and provinces?

Must be especially good as you can see what is reported and what is not in yet on a given day

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=384379 time=1601223382 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=384366 time=1601202981 user_id=3254

I'm good for world, US Canada as a whole and BC .. The areas I have been tracking for trends to date

What do you use for Canada and provinces?

Must be especially good as you can see what is reported and what is not in yet on a given day

I checked worldometer..

Alberta and BC don't report on weekends.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=384400 time=1601242429 user_id=3254
I checked worldometer..

right, so Canada results on weekends are inaccurate

I can't find our provinces on that site (the worldometer site  I use for countries and states btw)

Where on it are you finding individual provinces?? Even search feature won't do it

cc

Continuing ...

When I click on US, I get all states individually - and can even drill down for counties in a state

When I click on Canada, I get only graphs for Canada as a whole and that's it .. not by province

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=384406 time=1601246776 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=384400 time=1601242429 user_id=3254
I checked worldometer..

right, so Canada results on weekends are inaccurate

I can't find our provinces on that site (the worldometer site  I use for countries and states btw)

Where on it are you finding individual provinces?? Even search feature won't do it

CBC has province by province. And that 1251 number for Saturday and today's number will be adjusted up,

Anonymous

From Sun News Media

PANDEMIC MAY BE LOSING POWER

Why another lockdown may be unnecessary

Alberta chief public health officer, Dr. Deena Hinshaw, has said a second wave has not hit her province yet and may never. For the past month or so, Alberta's daily new infections have been in the 100-170 range, but they have not spiked.

More importantly, there are only 44 COVID-19 patients in acute care hospital beds and just 14 in ICU.

The Canadian experience is similar to that in most developed countries: Infections may be rising, but deaths and hospitalization are not following in lockstep this time.

It is significant the disease is now found predominantly in younger people — a population cohort that is unlikely to get very sick and even less likely to die.

Some young COVID-positive patients don't even have the antibody in their systems after they recover — an indication they may have been so un-sick their bodies didn't have to work hard (or at all) to get rid of the virus.

The death rate was higher when more old people were getting the coronavirus. But today in Western countries, even the likelihood of older patients dying is greatly reduced.

[size=150]In the spring, people contracting an extreme case of COVID-19 had a 45 per cent chance of dying. Now that has fallen to 15 per cent because we know so much more about the infection and how to treat it.[/size]

Remember the mad panic to find ventilators? Turns out they often do more harm than good.

The number of known infections has increased slightly because more tests are being done and more asymptomatic carriers are being identified. But to the extent that is happening, it's a good thing. Test. Find out who has it and isolate them. Trace their contacts.

The science indicates another lockdown may be unnecessary.