The best topic

Replies: 10582
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:18:53 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=390884 time=1605678873 user_id=3254
I feel so sorry for restaurant owners in my city..

The specter of another lock down is real..

They don't know if they should buy more food and drink or not..

What a difficult situation.

Good point. Shutdowns and / or limited # of customers are killers for them

It's a difficult business at the very best of times  ... with the perishable problem added to the above, it's pretty much impossible for them
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390888 time=1605681542 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=390884 time=1605678873 user_id=3254
I feel so sorry for restaurant owners in my city..

The specter of another lock down is real..

They don't know if they should buy more food and drink or not..

What a difficult situation.

Good point. Shutdowns and / or limited # of customers are killers for them

It's a difficult business at the very best of times  ... with the perishable problem added to the above, it's pretty much impossible for them

Some restaurants in Calgary are voluntarily shutting down because they believe another lock down is imminent, and they don't want to buy more food only to have to throw it out.

Anonymous

The province reported Wednesday 732 new cases of COVID-19 and 11 new deaths. There are 10,057 active cases in Alberta.

Health minister Tyler Shandro tweeted Wednesday that Alberta is expected to get over 680,000 doses of vaccine in total from Pfizer and Moderna.

Other provinces are considering extending the Christmas school break with rising cases, but Alberta chief medical officer of health Dr. Deena Hinshaw said Wednesday that no decisions have been made about changes to Alberta's school calendar.

B.C. premier John Horgan is calling for restrictions on non-essential travel within Canada.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/covid-19-update-773-new-cases-five-deaths-some-calgary-bars-voluntarily-close-nelson-mandela-high-keeps-two-grades-home">https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-ne ... rades-home">https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/covid-19-update-773-new-cases-five-deaths-some-calgary-bars-voluntarily-close-nelson-mandela-high-keeps-two-grades-home

Anonymous

cc

Yes.

Now here's some really good news ... something actually good coming out of this whole covid tragedy

Am  listening to a top doc , past head of CDC, on TV say that this brand new DNA process (as proven  successful by Pfizer & Moderna for the first time) "has implications that go FAR beyond this pandemic itself"

and that the time has come for  a gene-based technology that likely could provide new (and likely more effective) treatments for many other illnesses (including but not limited to) cancer, heart disease and other infectious diseases

Also, if another virus comes along, what they have proved would put science in position to quickly design a cure using this now proven DNA approach

What they have done is learned how to  can create proteins that teach the body how to go after many foreign problems

I'm guessing science is now re-directing many efforts at cures for many things that have been elusive, slow and not often very effective for years

While many scientists are trying very different approaches on covid and all are urgently needed, I'm really that glad that some chose the DNA route

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390972 time=1605746461 user_id=88
Yes.

Now here's some really good news ... something actually good coming out of this whole covid tragedy

Am  listening to a top doc , past head of CDC, on TV say that this brand new DNA process (as proven  successful by Pfizer & Moderna for the first time) "has implications that go FAR beyond this pandemic itself"

and that the time has come for  a gene-based technology that likely could provide new (and likely more effective) treatments for many other illnesses (including but not limited to) cancer, heart disease and other infectious diseases

Also, if another virus comes along, what they have proved would put science in position to quickly design a cure using this now proven DNA approach

What they have done is learned how to  can create proteins that teach the body how to go after many foreign problems

I'm guessing science is now re-directing many efforts at cures for many things that have been elusive, slow and not often very effective for years

While many scientists are trying very different approaches on covid and all are urgently needed, I'm really that glad that some chose the DNA route

That's encouraging.....maybe we'll come out of this better able to treat existing diseases.

cc

That's what he figures  .. a major breakthrough method for many illnesses has been proven to work in the real world

Nice to see something good come out of this thing

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=390966 time=1605744273 user_id=3254
BC had 762 new cases today and ten deaths.

"We have a significant two weeks ahead of us," Horgan said. "Dr. Henry will have more to say on orders tomorrow."

Anonymous

Biden aint going to do much different from Trump on COVID besides contact tracing and reopening.

Where Trump And Biden Stand On Key Coronavirus Policies

https://dailycaller.com/2020/11/18/trump-biden-covid-19-policy-transition/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=1O4y9OYIVhGNRDSnSOWVjbw4zCGFO91_mgnoTfaK">https://dailycaller.com/2020/11/18/trum ... 1_mgnoTfaK">https://dailycaller.com/2020/11/18/trump-biden-covid-19-policy-transition/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=1O4y9OYIVhGNRDSnSOWVjbw4zCGFO91_mgnoTfaK

"When you look at the Biden plan, it reads an awful lot like what President Trump and I and our task force have been doing every step of the way," Pence said. "And quite frankly, when I look at their plan that talks about advancing testing, creating new PPE, developing the vaccine — it looks a little bit like plagiarism."

But there are a few differences, which are seen primarily in their views on contact tracing, mask policies and reopening plans.

Biden, during his campaign, frequently floated the idea of a national mask mandate, though he acknowledged that it is up to the states to implement laws. The president-elect reportedly said he will issue a mask mandate on all federal property but promised to work with state and local governments regarding their own laws.

"A national mandate is not possible because public health powers belong to the states, not the federal government," Lawrence Gostin, director of Georgetown University's O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law, told USA Today. "The federal government couldn't implement its own mask mandates, nor could it force the states to do it."

Anonymous

We had 132 new cases today in Saskatchewan. I don't know if the top doc has plans for new restrictions. We don't want another frickin lock down.

Anonymous

Ford all but said we can expect another province wide lock down.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=390996 time=1605758384 user_id=114

Every province West of the maritimes could see more lock downs.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=391003 time=1605763891 user_id=3254

Yes. I'm expecting that. Yesterday's report  stated that Bonnie would elaborate on that today for us

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=391022 time=1605802752 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=391003 time=1605763891 user_id=3254

Yes. I'm expecting that. Yesterday's report  stated that Bonnie would elaborate on that today for us

Did Dr Henry indicate that a lock down is a strong possibility?

Dr Hinshaw said if the new measures don't work soon, further restrictions will be implemented.

cc

Not sure at this time

Thing is it's likely specific items, not full bore .. problem is if partial measures don't slow it down, harsher measures follow

This whole thing is by its nature a try A & B .. and if they don't do it, add C & D  ... and .......