The best topic

Replies: 10563
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:33:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

The US added over one million new virus cases in the last five frickin days. :2r4ml1j_th:

Anonymous

There were 1836 new infections and nineteen deaths in Alberta today.

:sad:

cc

That's scary as your numbers climb despite several regulations

The one consolation, and an important one is that your province has the lowest death rate I can find anywhere, using the same stat sources for all provinces, states  and countries I track or can spot

Alberta has been by far the lowest going back to April .. never giving up the # 1 spot at any time

Alberta went below 1% (or 1 death in 110  infection cases) this past week, (although a current calculation during a rise in cases is a bit misleading as deaths follow rises in case #s)

The rate for Alberta, as have all others, continues to drop

I have you at below 1%% with us  now down to 1.3 % (second best I can find anywhere) ... Canada as a whole at 3.3% deaths per case because ON is 3.2% & Quebec is almost 5 % or 5 deaths per 100 cases

Alta now has 1 infection for  every 67 people  ... in Canada, that is second only to Quebec at 1 in 57
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

The virus has spread too much now for lock downs to lower the spread. After a month of code red here in Manitoba, all we've done is hold the numbers of new infections.

Anonymous

Study Finds Asymptomatic Spread Not a Significant Source of the CCP Virus Pandemic

The most recent study from China on the prevalence of infection after a lockdown found no transmission of the CCP virus among people who were in close contact with asymptomatic patients, contradicting the current narrative that asymptomatic transmission plays a major role in the pandemic.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/study-finds-asymptomatic-spread-not-a-significant-source-of-the-ccp-virus-pandemic_3606375.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2020-12-06-5">https://www.theepochtimes.com/study-fin ... 20-12-06-5">https://www.theepochtimes.com/study-finds-asymptomatic-spread-not-a-significant-source-of-the-ccp-virus-pandemic_3606375.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2020-12-06-5

cc

I'd want to see in depth data from other than China to even take it into consideration

We have never gotten timely and accurate advice from China .. in fact we have been consistently mislead by them

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393271 time=1607372275 user_id=88
I'd want to see in depth data from other than China to even take it into consideration

We have never gotten timely and accurate advice from China .. in fact we have been consistently mislead by them

Exactly.

Anonymous

Alberta had 1735 new infections today and sixteen new deaths..

Dr Hinshaw admitted that the new restrictions are not bending the curve and also transmission is rising among the over eighty demographic.

Anonymous

Lockdown of non essential businesses aint working anymore.

[media]
">
[/media]

Anonymous

The new restrictions Alberta brought in have only slowed the spread....they haven't bent the curve..

And even very restrictive lock downs across North America and Europe have not had the effect like they did in the spring..

The political opposition in this privince wants a very harsh lock down, but there's no evidence it will work.

cc

The big 5 in Europe have managed to stop the rise the past 2 weeks  and in fact cut their numbers "a bit"  .. but they are still getting lots of cases (UK down by about 1/3, France 273,057 >91,096

Italy by almost 1/2 .. the others down noticeably  but not so much

It really started to show this past weekend

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393318 time=1607398472 user_id=88
The big 5 in Europe have managed to stop the rise the past 2 weeks  and in fact cut their numbers "a bit"  .. but they are still getting lots of cases (UK down by about 1/3, France 273,057 >91,096

Italy by almost 1/2 .. the others down noticeably  but not so much

It really started to show this past weekend

It has really slowed in France..

After a four week lock down, the UK had just under fifteen thousand cases yesterday, compared to about twenty thousand infections..

Lock downs don't appear to be as effective this time around as they were in the spring, especially in the USA.

cc

Yes, I was going by weekly totals and UK did drop by 156,012 to   101,004  over last 2 weeks .. while Germany dropped only by about 20%

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393323 time=1607400639 user_id=88
Yes, I was going by weekly totals and UK did drop by 156,012 to   101,004  over last 2 weeks .. while Germany dropped only by about 20%

Is Britain already edging back up. Our lockdown in Saskatchewan in the spring worked well. Next door in Manitoba they are going into their fifth week of total lockdown and while the daily infections are down, they aint going back to twenty cases a day. And same with states in the US. Total lockdowns are not bring down the daily infections.

I aint totally opposed to shutting down all non essential businesses for two to four weeks. But, lockdowns now will not be as successful as they were in March.

Anonymous

A ninety year old woman in Britain became the first person outside of trials to be vaccinated.