The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

The Samurai vs the Mongols

Started by Gary Oak, October 19, 2012, 01:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gary Oak

I have just been reading a history book on the Samarai and have read about the battles between the Samarai and the Mongols. The Mongols didn't know what they were up against. These Samarai with the help of the weather destroyed the feared Samarai. Most nations wisely simply conceded defeat. Not the Japanese though. In the second huge attempt to invade Japan half of their army was Chinese and they sent a huge armada of dollar store quality largely flat bottomed river ships from the Yangze river to cross the straight to Japan and when the typhoon hit they didn't fare to well. The first invasion the Mongols fought hard but the Samarai fought harder and smarter. The Mongols were impressed with the Samarai warriors. I am not sure if the Mongols ever fought a war with such a warrior culture.

Gary Oak

If you don't find this topic interesting then don't post on it  trollbitch

Gary Oak

I suspect that the Mongols expected another cakewalk like they had in invading China when they made their first attempt at conguering Japan. What a dream match up the Mongols who terrorised the known world everywhere going up against the Samarai. The Samurai coming at them with far more daring than even the Mongols had with more and better training must have psyched them out. After the second gigantic disasterous attempt the Mongols talked about the third attempt for many years but I believe they couldn't stomach the humiliation of another defeat and couldn't work up the guts for it. They had excuses of course that they had other important affairs to settle but no doubt they knew what they were up against in the Samurai. It may be that the Samurai struck fear in the infamous Mongols

Gary Oak

What a  matchup. The Legendary Mongol warriors vs the Samurai  . The Samarai amazed the Mongols. This is like the big tough guy going up against a lethal little guy and getting his butt kicked. It's never mattered to the Samurai that they were outnumbered , they would attack to show no fear and to show how brave they were and that they were not afraid to die.

@realAzhyaAryola

What? Temujin was afraid of Miyamoto Musashi? I love both warriors! I would like an epic movie depicting those two warriors battling. Action packed adventure epic! Is there a movie like that? I think I've seen almost all of Akira Kurosawa's movies.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Gary Oak

They actually were humans you know. When the multinational force was coming up on Tianjin and were outnumbered five to one the Japanese charged by themselves and the huge Chinese force that had the entire foreign combined forces outnumbered five to one ran.

@realAzhyaAryola

I considered them both really tough. I thought the Mongols too were not afraid to stare death in the face. Both were brave and courageous. I just consider the Samurai elegant compared to the seemingly barbaric Mongols.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Obvious Li

trollbitch.....thats a good one...i'll borrow that ........i see gary read another book...that makes three......gooooood

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Obvious Li" trollbitch.....thats a good one...i'll borrow that ........i see gary read another book...that makes three......gooooood

I have read thirteen books so far this year Obviously a simpleton li and have cranked in almost half the vocabulary I need to speak Vietnamese [ about a thousand words so far ]  now what have you learned Einstien ?

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Gary Oak"
Quote from: "Obvious Li" trollbitch.....thats a good one...i'll borrow that ........i see gary read another book...that makes three......gooooood

I have read thirteen books so far this year Obviously a simpleton li and have cranked in almost half the vocabulary I need to speak Vietnamese [ about a thousand words so far ]  now what have you learned Einstien ?[/quote]

i don't think i actually learned anything new this year...just confirmed that fucktards abound and as a famous writer once wrote "there is nothing new under the sun" it seems he was quite correct

Gary Oak

Well Einstein what books have you read ? I have read

1 When China rules the world

2 The holographic universe

3 The trail of 1858

4 Prisoners of the north

5 The outdoors survival handbook

6 symbols of freemasonry

7 a brief history of the templers

8 the dark history of the popes

9 a brief history of the samurai

10 the lazy investor

11  Shadow government

12 Poorly made In China

13 and a book on certain Canadian experiences

14 The Dark Secret Of G.A.O.T.U

It appears that it is you who is the simpleton fucktard troll. Have you even read one book ? Each book that I have read is knowledge that I have that you don't and knowledge that I didn't have last year. :D  It turns out I have actually read 14 and I think that I will read one more Canadian history book before new years :D

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Gary Oak"Well Einstein what books have you read ? I have read

1 When China rules the world

2 The holographic universe

3 The trail of 1858

4 Prisoners of the north

5 The outdoors survival handbook

6 symbols of freemasonry

7 a brief history of the templers

8 the dark history of the popes

9 a brief history of the samurai

10 the lazy investor

11  Shadow government

12 Forbidden Science

13 and a book on certain Canadian experiences

It appears that it is you who is the simpleton fucktard troll

knock yourself out (reading for dummies) i usually try and experience different cultures, ideas and theories, not read about them...but as they say.....those that can .do and those that can't ..read about it...cheers

Gary Oak

I speak a number of languages. You were in Vietnam , how many Vietnamese words do you know ?  I speak a number of languages. How well can you experience a place without knowing the language ? It really sucks in comparison being in a country and not know the language and being there and able to speak freely with cabbies,ask for  directions,order food,have a conversation in their language etc.... Yes I am quite well travelled so don't try to lay that shiite on me .

This topic is about the epic two battles between the Samurai and the Mongols, go back to the memebee forum if you want a mudslinging contest

Obvious Li

i'd rather sling mud than what you're trying to sling......i guess it's time to duck (out)

Zetsu

I have to admit the mongols were genius on the battlefield, but at the same time they were lucky the Song dynasty wasn't considered unified during that time and Europe was still weak.
Permanently off his rocker