The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Keep your vehicles driven during stay at home time

Started by Frood, April 18, 2020, 05:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

I haven't started it up for weeks and have discovered a colony of mould and mildew all over the seats...  :oeudC:

I'm going to have to find a flat place to vinegar the hell out of it, then let it run for an hour or two, maybe more, with the accelerator slightly chocked to get up to heat (manual:flat ground, diesel: heater won't heat up unless under load)...

If you live in a moist season at the moment, be careful about letting your vehicles sit idle for too long... the smallest of window trim leaks or on the gaskets of your top break light combined with inactivity is the perfect breeding ground...

...I don't know where the leak is on mine or if it's just condensation from huge temp fluctuations and humidity...(5c at night/mid 20's during the day/lots of rain/lots of sun coverage)...

...it may have been the magnetic antenna I left on the vehicle for a few weeks and rain got past the door gasket slowly....but I doubt it... took it down last week and still getting substantial condensation on the inside of the windscreen after Lysol (ing) the upholstery...

It's a late model with low K's... this could happen to anyone...
Blahhhhhh...

kiebers

Always...Drive my truck every week for date night at the very least. Course it's a 2015 with almost 15,000 miles so I don't drive a lot. LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

caskur

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"I haven't started it up for weeks and have discovered a colony of mould and mildew all over the seats...  :oeudC:

I'm going to have to find a flat place to vinegar the hell out of it, then let it run for an hour or two, maybe more, with the accelerator slightly chocked to get up to heat (manual:flat ground, diesel: heater won't heat up unless under load)...

If you live in a moist season at the moment, be careful about letting your vehicles sit idle for too long... the smallest of window trim leaks or on the gaskets of your top break light combined with inactivity is the perfect breeding ground...

...I don't know where the leak is on mine or if it's just condensation from huge temp fluctuations and humidity...(5c at night/mid 20's during the day/lots of rain/lots of sun coverage)...

...it may have been the magnetic antenna I left on the vehicle for a few weeks and rain got past the door gasket slowly....but I doubt it... took it down last week and still getting substantial condensation on the inside of the windscreen after Lysol (ing) the upholstery...

I know where you get leaks,... Kurt's a qualified Spray Painter.. Those drains under your windscreen (plenum chamber) block up with leaves over time...

clean them out..
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"I haven't started it up for weeks and have discovered a colony of mould and mildew all over the seats...  :oeudC:

I know where you get leaks,... Kurt's a qualified Spray Painter.. Those drains under your windscreen (plenum chamber) block up with leaves over time...

clean them out..

I do get leaves but I'm parked on a steep incline forward downhill facing...

How could the measure of moisture rise and penetrate the seal? Serious question for Kurt....
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Ring him up... he's watching a movie.. Get my number from the PM I sent you.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Also, what I would do is spray PLENTY of Glen 20 around... That's a GREAT mould killer... trust me.

Kurt said air it out.
- Andy Warhol

cc

Good point, especially for those of us mainly staying at home

Ya, I take her for a 10 mile or so run every week, whether I need to or not. Also keep revs up a bit to charge well
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I drive my car almost everyday, and it's been very cold until recently.

wizer

I've got two cars, an SUV and a 2 seater convertible. The latter I drive only during the warm weather. It sits for 7 months out of the year, doesn't seem any worse for wear as long as I check that the battery doesn't go dead and charge it as necessary because if it goes dead it's gotta be replaced.

If you're getting mold all over the seats there are other issues that have nothing to do with the vehicle.

Anonymous

My Jetta is busy collecting dust in the underground parkade.

Odinson

Its still pretty cold in here..

And I drive my car daily.

Anonymous

Quote from: "wizer"
If you're getting mold all over the seats there are other issues that have nothing to do with the vehicle.

That is what I was thinking too.

Anonymous

It's a nice day, so I took my Harley out of the quonset and took it for a spin. I rode up to Unity.

Vancouver

https://www.redneckchoppers.ca/images/team/teamb11.jpg">
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"https://www.redneckchoppers.ca/images/team/teamb11.jpg">

That aint you. I heard you are Chinese.