The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

European Members

Started by caskur, April 26, 2020, 06:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

Can anyone translate what this bronze medal says?

Some guy gave his medal to my husband decades ago and I've always wondered what it says.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Vancouver

An Italian ski racer named Gustav Thoni. He won a world championship in 1974. Prad am stilfserjoch is a municipality in the Province of Suditrol(South Tyrol) northern Italy.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f4/Gustav_Th%C3%B6ni_1972.jpg/200px-Gustav_Th%C3%B6ni_1972.jpg">
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Can anyone translate what this bronze medal says?

Some guy gave his medal to my husband decades ago and I've always wondered what it says.

I can't see all of it even if I was able to translate it.

Odinson

- 1. Gustav Thöni Marsch - Prad a. Stilfserjoch - 1974- südtirol -

Gustav Thöni is a name.

Marsch = March.

The rest are names of places in europe.

Its one of those medals you can buy from the olympic games.

They can be quite valuable.. But aussies dont have any appreciation for winter sports.

caskur

Quote from: "Odinson"- 1. Gustav Thöni Marsch - Prad a. Stilfserjoch - 1974- südtirol -

Gustav Thöni is a name.

Marsch = March.

The rest are names of places in europe.

Its one of those medals you can buy from the olympic games.

They can be quite valuable.. But aussies dont have any appreciation for winter sports.

It's really heavy. Someone in Europe gave it to my husband in 1975 when he was in Europe.

Thanks for that info.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"An Italian ski racer named Gustav Thoni. He won a world championship in 1974. Prad am stilfserjoch is a municipality in the Province of Suditrol(South Tyrol) northern Italy.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f4/Gustav_Th%C3%B6ni_1972.jpg/200px-Gustav_Th%C3%B6ni_1972.jpg">

Wow. Very interesting as well.

Thank you. I'll go read about him now.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

He is a year older than my husband... when he wakes up I will show him this.

This is from wiki, "Thöni was born in the German-speaking province of South Tyrol, in the hamlet of Trafoi of the Stilfs municipality, which is situated on the northern ramp of the Stelvio Pass. He currently operates a hotel there.[1]"

Kurt said the guy who gave him the medal said it was his medal to give... And Thöni is still alive I can ask him, "do you want your medal back?"....lol
- Andy Warhol