Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Refugees From Hong Kong

Started by Anonymous, May 09, 2020, 01:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Hong Kong is a lost cause. I still live in Canada for the next 3 years and 9 months. I am concerned about lost liberties and opportunities here.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=363222 time=1590196036 user_id=2015
Hong Kong is a lost cause. I still live in Canada for the next 3 years and 9 months. I am concerned about lost liberties and opportunities here.

It doesn't have to be an either or IHJ..

Canada's domestic policies should be our primary concern..

But, we can still care about what happens outside our borders..

And being Taiwanese, this is what China has in mind if Taiwan was to surrender it's sovereignty.

Vancouver

Time is malleable

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=363233 time=1590208903 user_id=3254And being Taiwanese, this is what China has in mind if Taiwan was to surrender it's sovereignty.

Taiwan's security may well be far stronger now. Yes, China is becoming more aggressive overall, BUT in turn many strong world countries are becoming far more wary of  and even more angry at China .. This grows daily now to the point that many feel we are in a Cold War in fact. Leaving lamer Canada out of it, which they are, I feel we pretty much are in Cold War!!

To me that means they are more likely to step up and protect Taiwan in every way possible. They will not cede any more to China .. They consider Taiwan a strong ally, more and more every day now

Your thots?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=363468 time=1590440712 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=363233 time=1590208903 user_id=3254And being Taiwanese, this is what China has in mind if Taiwan was to surrender it's sovereignty.

Taiwan's security may well be far stronger now. Yes, China is becoming more aggressive overall, BUT in turn many strong world countries are becoming far more wary of  and even more angry at China .. This grows daily now to the point that many feel we are in a Cold War in fact. Leaving lamer Canada out of it, which they are, I feel we pretty much are in Cold War!!

To me that means they are more likely to step up and protect Taiwan in every way possible. They will not cede any more to China .. They consider Taiwan a strong ally, more and more every day now

Your thots?

Taiwanese have seen this before..

Rich countries express support for Taiwan to join international organizations..

But, when it comes time to vote, they either abstain or vote no.

cc

All I'm saying is that Western Society used to try to be good friends with China

We are heading rapidly into the opposite .. into a mode of separating ourselves from China .. and it's getting ugly. Dealing with the virus is their current focus, but separating from China will soon become more and more the focus than it already  is.

Soon the West will not even not try at all to please China as it evolves into the West wanting strongly to stop China's spread .. which just  as way back in another era, means it is strongly in the West's interest to protect and empower Taiwan.

That "please China era" played hell on Taiwan's wishes. We are heading into the very opposite situation now

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=363469 time=1590441671 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=363468 time=1590440712 user_id=88

Your thots?

Taiwanese have seen this before..

Rich countries express support for Taiwan to join international organizations..

But, when it comes time to vote, they either abstain or vote no.

Taiwan is a province of China. Your island is not a country.

cc

If China was going to make that move, it waited too long.

We are moving into another world dynamic now .. For China it was too little, too slow .. now  too late

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=363516 time=1590456559 user_id=88
If China was going to make that move, it waited too long.

We are moving into another world now .. For China it was too little, too slow .. now  too late

And how many countries besides a few desperately poor tiny nations that Taiwan bribes recognize our province as a country. Good luck changing that.

cc

I doubt we will see the old days of Taiwanese pilots putting every  Mig airborne into  the ocean .. on a daily basis again .. . as I think we are rapidly moving to dynamics where China will do nothing

We are in a whole new world now. a whole different set of dynamics are coming into play .. more and more every day now

Don't blame us or Taiwan. China chose to be the Pariah

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=363520 time=1590457006 user_id=88
I doubt we will see the old days of Taiwanese pilots putting every  Mig airborne into  the ocean .. on a daily basis again .. . as I think we are rapidly moving to dynamics where China will do nothing

We are in a whole new world now. a whole different set of dynamics are coming into play .. more and more every day now

We are in a whole new world now. A weakened broke West is hardly a threat.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=363522 time=1590457569 user_id=56
Quote from: cc post_id=363520 time=1590457006 user_id=88

We are in a whole new world now. A weakened broke West is hardly a threat.

China planned this well. I will give them that.

cc

They planned the attack well ... and several big "buts are now in play for itself

Someone is not paying attention to China's broken economy

nor to it's daily loosing more businesses

Nor to all it's gazzilians of loans to poor countries being shoved up it's ass. Not one will pay now, ever. And there is FA it can do about it

Poor baby is now being hit from all directions now

Maybe start another 30 year plan to save itself ??

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=363524 time=1590459061 user_id=88
They planned the attack well ... and several big "buts are now in play for itself

Someone is not paying attention to China's broken economy

nor to it's daily loosing more businesses

Nor to all it's gazzilians of loans to poor countries being shoved up it's ass. Not one will pay now, ever. And there is FA it can do about it

Poor baby is now being hit from all directions now

Maybe start another 30 year plan to save itself ??

Unlike Canada, East Asian countries have large reserves of US dollars they can tap in an emergency.

Anonymous

Beijing gets a helping hand from Liberals and their willing accomplices

The Liberals, NDP and Greens voted down a Tory motion for the special committee on Canada-China relations to examine events in Hong Kong

China is trusting the pandemic will divert the free world's attention away from efforts to expand its influence in Hong Kong and the South China Sea.

The Trudeau Liberals – along with their willing accomplices in the NDP and Green Party – gave Beijing a helping hand in the House of Commons this week.

The Conservatives brought forward a motion to allow the special committee on Canada-China relations to examine events in Hong Kong, where Beijing has introduced a national security law that has the potential to trample on rights and freedoms that have been protected under the "one country, two systems" formula.

However, the Liberals, NDP and Greens voted against the motion – a result that will have been cheered by the Chinese.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-ivison-beijing-gets-a-helping-hand-from-liberals-and-their-willing-accomplices">https://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-i ... ccomplices">https://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-ivison-beijing-gets-a-helping-hand-from-liberals-and-their-willing-accomplices

The Trudeau Liberals and the NDP they count on to prop up their government are fifth columnists. Don't expect repatriation of supply critical supply chains as long as he is our pm. The same thing if Biden wins in Novermber.