Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Snowbird Down

Started by cc, May 17, 2020, 04:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

The pilot was "severely injured but not life-threatening" (just reported - should have had time for accuracy in reporting by now)

Chutes could not fully deploy because 1. vertical angle of  eject takes longer to straighten up and deploy and 2. There was not enough elevation to properly fill

So sadly ironic  - Happened on a countrywide  tour designed to "boost moral"  ac_crying
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Capt. Jennifer Casey, the team's public affairs officer from Halifax, N.S., was killed in the crash.

https://shawglobalnews.files.wordpress.com/2020/05/jenn-casey.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=720">

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Capt. Jennifer Casey, the team's public affairs officer from Halifax, N.S., was killed in the crash.

https://shawglobalnews.files.wordpress.com/2020/05/jenn-casey.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=720">

ac_crying

Anonymous

Skippy

Why are they still using those old planes? They should be using f16s like the blue angels

cc

Quote from: "Skippy"Why are they still using those old planes? They should be using f16s like the blue angels

Comes down to bucks. We are 10% the population of the US = it would cost each person 10 X as for each US person

Story over!!

Update: Pilot doing fairly well last time I checked. Very fortunate he survived what with bailing out both from a vertical position + very close to the ground

cc

Nice Gesture!!

https://globalnews.ca/news/6956055/kelowna-pilot-flyover-snowbirds-crash/?utm_source=NewsletterBc&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2020">Kelowna, B.C., pilot organizes flyover honouring Snowbirds after member dies in crash

As shock waves ripple across the country from the loss of Capt. Jenn Casey in the CF Snowbirds crash in Kamloops on Sunday, a Kelowna pilot is organizing a flyover to finish the Okanagan loop in her honour.

said at least a dozen private planes will fly over the Kelowna area in a line formation on Monday afternoon.

"We are trying to finish what they started and inspire people in the Okanagan and Kelowna in light of COVID-19, try to bring some hope and happiness to people," he said.

Another source:

Several good Samaritans rushed to help the victims of the Canadian Forces Snowbirds' crash in Kamloops, including a retired nurse who described seeing catastrophic injuries. Paul Johnson reports.

cc

The Canadian Forces are looking into https://globalnews.ca/news/7011319/snowbird-crash-bird-strike/">whether a bird strike may have caused the deadly crash of a Snowbirds aircraft last month, which killed one military public affairs officer and injured a pilot.

According to a preliminary investigation report released on Monday, military analysis of video footage of the takeoff and subsequent crash shows what investigators believe could be a bird "in very close proximity" to the right engine intake of the aircraft while it was taking off.

READ MORE: CF Snowbirds team member killed in crash in Kamloops, B.C.

"The investigation is focusing on environmental factors (birdstrike) as well as the performance of the escape system," the preliminary notice states.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=364387 time=1591050529 user_id=88
The Canadian Forces are looking into whether a bird strike may have caused the deadly crash of a Snowbirds aircraft last month, which killed one military public affairs officer and injured a pilot.

According to a preliminary investigation report released on Monday, military analysis of video footage of the takeoff and subsequent crash shows what investigators believe could be a bird "in very close proximity" to the right engine intake of the aircraft while it was taking off.

READ MORE]
I meant to post that earlier.

cc

You got me using Global News a lot .. I even allowed email instant updates which are exceptionally good

Anonymous

Birds and planes are a deadly mix.