Replies: 10355
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:01:43 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

Read that during current lockdown...

Started by Anonymous, May 19, 2020, 01:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Always lineups outside the liquor stores. As if alcohol is essential.

Beer is taxed at close to 50% of purchase price, believe it or not.  You can Google "Prohibition" if you want other reasons...

I paid 60 bucks AUD for a 700 ml bottle of average American sour mash whiskey the other day... I believe the exchange rates are similar....yet I can get a litre bottle of 70% handwash for 15 bucks...

...but it's diluted in glycerine, aloe, and methyls to make it totally not like vodka... it would be poisonous...

But our tax office loves their vice tax revenues... almost half of the purchase price, in fact...

Fck those motherfckers... those disgusting leaches...

How much for a bottle of Grand Marnier?

Frood

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Always lineups outside the liquor stores. As if alcohol is essential.

Beer is taxed at close to 50% of purchase price, believe it or not.  You can Google "Prohibition" if you want other reasons...

I paid 60 bucks AUD for a 700 ml bottle of average American sour mash whiskey the other day... I believe the exchange rates are similar....yet I can get a litre bottle of 70% handwash for 15 bucks...

...but it's diluted in glycerine, aloe, and methyls to make it totally not like vodka... it would be poisonous...

But our tax office loves their vice tax revenues... almost half of the purchase price, in fact...

How much for a bottle of Grand Marnier?

About 70-80 bucks AUD unless you go to a specialized liquor warehouse here... about 60-65 bucks AUD... independent grocers like IGA, even more....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

We can now understand, apart from the problem of drinkers getting their drink on in other ways, that booze provides a massive tax flow to our Governments.

Almost 50% in Canada, tax rate on booze.  I have a huge powered workshop on my property, and could easily set up small-scale production of almost anything in there...

THAT's why liquor stores are open!   :laugh:

Frood

Quote from: "Mel"We can now understand, apart from the problem of drinkers getting their drink on in other ways, that booze provides a massive tax flow to our Governments.

Almost 50% in Canada, tax rate on booze.  I have a huge powered workshop on my property, and could easily set up small-scale production of almost anything in there...

THAT's why liquor stores are open!   :laugh:

We have beer brew shops here (places to buy various beer brewing ingredients and hardware)....

...beer brewing is completely legal. Even the supermarkets offer name brand generic beer powders in tins...

...however, actual brew shops offer semi automatic countertop essential oil diffusing units...

I've sampled these essential oils before through friends, and the essence is fine, and about the price of a bag or two of mere sugar cane...

....I might get into naturopathy.
Blahhhhhh...

Berry Sweet

Im glad I dont drink...I sis however stop at a government liquor store to get something for my mom for mothers day...the line up was ridiculous...I left, went to a private store not far...they were actually gone *shocker* and the final one I was in and out, no line ups.

I take it the ones who were waiting were gonna stock up a shopping cartful and get their binge on.  I parked at the other end, so I didnt see the line up going opposite, alot of people started yelling at me to go to the back of the line...I stood there and looked at these people... I realized it had to be an hour wait, just knowing mosr of them needed their booze...fuck it reminded me of a line up for methadone.

Anonymous

Maybe try living in a part of BC where you can buy booze at any local gas station?  Amateurs...

Frood

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Im glad I dont drink...I sis however stop at a government liquor store to get something for my mom for mothers day...the line up was ridiculous...I left, went to a private store not far...they were actually gone *shocker* and the final one I was in and out, no line ups.

I take it the ones who were waiting were gonna stock up a shopping cartful and get their binge on.  I parked at the other end, so I didnt see the line up going opposite, alot of people started yelling at me to go to the back of the line...I stood there and looked at these people... I realized it had to be an hour wait, just knowing mosr of them needed their booze...fuck it reminded me of a line up for methadone.

Same goes with pasta and pasta sauce here till this day

When they put bottlenecks on any supply, people freak out then buy-buy-buy...

I've always kept a 30 day supply of freeze dried food in my kitchen. Looked up the prices the other day for a bit more and wasn't surprised to see they were unchanged... 25 bucks for a 5 meal satchel, which isn't exorbitant before or after, but people are ruled by panic and can empty out a supply chain in the matter of hours if someone suggests it's in their best interest...

...booze is no different.... nor is toilet paper or dried pasta/rice...

People these days live by the moment...
Blahhhhhh...

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Mel"Maybe try living in a part of BC where you can buy booze at any local gas station?  Amateurs...

That was my 20s.  You get to know the owners and their cats and dogs in the store.  It is something I miss.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"That was my 20s.  You get to know the owners and their cats and dogs in the store.  It is something I miss.

I know.  I would never go back to the big city now...

Anonymous

That is the biggest joke about lockdowns.....alcohol has been made even easier to purchase..

In Alberta, restaurants can delver it.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"

That is the biggest joke about lockdowns.....alcohol has been made even easier to purchase..

Right!? Like majority of all products, there should be a purchase limit on alcohol.

Odinson

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Right!? Like majority of all products, there should be a purchase limit on alcohol.

Bootlegging is gonna make a comeback..

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=362912 time=1589918371 user_id=164

It's not an essential service..

This is what happens when the government gets to pick and choose which services are essential..

Of course they designate something essential that generates so much tax revenue.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=362836 time=1589872280 user_id=1676

That seems pretty expensive.  Here 750mm (700mm bottles don't exist here) bottles of Whiskey start @ $22 CDN, which is $24 AUD.  Bear in mind that your wages are higher there though...

Something a bit better, like a McClelland's single malt, start around $40 for 750mm.

Jack Daniel's will run you $35 for 750mm...

Blazor

I can get a 1.75 liter jug of Benchmark for $18  :thumbup:

I've been drinking one a week  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview