News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10342
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:13:52 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

I don't think the future is so bright...

Started by Anonymous, July 05, 2020, 05:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

As I get older, I often think it may be important to upgrade my skill set.  The only marketable skill I have, is that I can legally drive any and all types of motor vehicles, and have experience in doing so.  While this isn't a bad thing (a driver can always find work doing something, somewhere:  For instance, there is only one (1) job opening at Suncor Ft. Mac, and that's for an industrial rock truck driver), but it is limiting...

These days, virtually anything requires a massive amount of schooling, often unrelated to the field:  Park Ranger even, requires schooling, rather than on the job training.

So tonight I look into Real Estate Appraisal.  My High School Diploma isn't good enough to begin training...  I need two fucking years of UNRELATED post secondary education, before I can pay for schooling to learn this, which in itself is hundreds of hours and years of working under somebody else's guidance.

All Trades are a four year thing, full time.

It seems to me, that there are few opportunities to achieve any sort of recognized training in anything, without years in school.  And why would two years of unrelated post secondary education even be a prerequisite?  Why not just learn what's involved with the fucking job?

I don't know why modern society must complicate things, other than to make schools rich, and ensure one amasses a huge student load debt...

I don't think a Park Ranger in the 1950's needed specialized training in a school.  I doubt the vast majority of anyone that did most of the heavy lifting needed years of schooling a few decades ago...  University was for people like Doctors, Scientists, etc.  Not the grunt on the ground!  The grunt on the ground was taught how to do his job by the boss or foreman.  Now they want four years of schooling so that same boss or foreman can tell you how to do that job.

Look how fast the World rebuilt and advanced after WWII...  The advances were truly astonishing.  I doubt most of the men involved had more than a high school education...  Maybe not even that?

Now you need a three month fucking course to be qualified to tie a fucking garbage bag closed, pull it out of the steel bin, and reline said bin with a new garbage bag.  What the fuck!

Anonymous

Never mind I found something.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/C58AAOSw9VNdYACl/s-l300.jpg">

Anonymous

I honestly think self employed is the only way to go for people like me...  Property maintenance, shit like that...  I already have the truck and all the equipment needed, since I need it for my yard!

Renee

Welcome to the world of self realization, Mel.

While you were swimming in bullshit and Fleischmann's the world passed you by.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

We are wayyy ahead of you with the schooling and course thing..

You need a diploma for lifting boxes around here.

Renee

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=369907 time=1593957680 user_id=1676
Welcome to the world of double post...

Thanks for the heads up.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=369908 time=1593957859 user_id=136
We are wayyy ahead of you with the schooling and course thing..

You need a diploma for lifting boxes around here.

I think we are pretty close to Finland in that regard.

Anonymous

I did pretty good with only a high school education. But, upstream oil and gas is one the last industries a person can do that. I took a shitload of courses along the way.

Anonymous

I am looking forward to my future. Retire in three years and eight months. Than I am out of Canada for good.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=370243 time=1594146836 user_id=2015
I am looking forward to my future. Retire in three years and eight months. Than I am out of Canada for good.

Enjoy your time in Yemen. Experience the wonderment.

Anonymous

Quote from: Farfour post_id=370572 time=1594323417

That's not where IHJ is going Mel, you know that.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=370573 time=1594324375 user_id=3254
Quote from: Farfour post_id=370572 time=1594323417

That's not where IHJ is going Mel, you know that.

I am not Mel, you know that!  :laugh:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview