Replies: 10349
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 19, 2024, 11:54:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Drove up to Mt. Sentinel today...

Started by Anonymous, August 19, 2020, 07:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 13 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

I would buy a new one if I thought they were better..

I´ve been looking at the new ones... Plastic crap..

Mine has a metal casing.

New Stihls also look like plastic toys.

Anonymous

QuoteNew Stihls also look like plastic toys.

And theyrw made in ching chong china

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=376469 time=1597862404 user_id=164
Been there, done that.  A lot of people 4x4 up there, it's not like you are the only one  :001_rolleyes:

You are quite wrong about that.  Some of the places I venture into don't have a lot of people at all...  In fact, there are usually none at all.  Nobody.  Which is good, since most of those old mining/service roads are only wide enough for one vehicle in most places.

In one way it's nice to have the entire area to yourself, but on the other hand if something goes wrong it could be a long, long walk out.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=376487 time=1597870096 user_id=136
I would buy a new one if I thought they were better..

I´ve been looking at the new ones... Plastic crap..

Mine has a metal casing.

New Stihls also look like plastic toys.

Jonsered's are available here also, but they're not as common...

Husky and Stihl both make professional grade saws also, but they also have the cheaper homeowner versions also.

A pro-grade Stihl, which seems to the choice of professional timber cutters around here, is certainly not a 'plastic toy'!

Anonymous

Quote from: sami post_id=376489 time=1597871861
QuoteNew Stihls also look like plastic toys.

And theyrw made in ching chong china

They are not, actually.  Most of their pro-grade models still come from Germany.

Anonymous

Quote from: Sawbones post_id=376452 time=1597858364
Good choice on the saw. Quality is worth paying for.

So far it has been OK!  It's not a pro-grade saw, instead more on the upper end of the 'homeowner' line of saws, but it has handled the use I've thrown at it without troubles so far...

It's a bit heavy for limbing, and a bit underpowered for the really big stuff, but I make it work!  Ideally a guy should have two saws for those purposes.

Renee

Quote from: Mel post_id=376583 time=1597906708
Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=376469 time=1597862404 user_id=164
Been there, done that.  A lot of people 4x4 up there, it's not like you are the only one  :001_rolleyes:

You are quite wrong about that.  Some of the places I venture into don't have a lot of people at all...  In fact, there are usually none at all.  Nobody.  Which is good, since most of those old mining/service roads are only wide enough for one vehicle in most places.

In one way it's nice to have the entire area to yourself, but on the other hand if something goes wrong it could be a long, long walk out.

If you are doing this exploring in the woods during the week, there might be a reason why you aren't running into a lot of people....It's called "work".... Do you remember what that is?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=376593 time=1597911159 user_id=156
If you are doing this exploring in the woods during the week, there might be a reason why you aren't running into a lot of people....It's called "work".... Do you remember what that is?

I don't think you understand quite how few people are around here.  I spent two days the last long weekend on the trails.  Weather was excellent.  Guess how many people I saw...  ZERO.

Anonymous

This guy drove down a logging road, got stuck, and his vehicle wasn't discovered until six years later.  The animals would've consumed his remains.  You have no idea!   :laugh:

https://www.vicnews.com/news/b-c-mans-truck-found-six-years-after-he-went-missing/#:~:text=The%20vehicle%20belonging%20to%20Vavenby,about%2020%20km%20from%20Vavenby">https://www.vicnews.com/news/b-c-mans-t ... %20Vavenby">https://www.vicnews.com/news/b-c-mans-truck-found-six-years-after-he-went-missing/#:~:text=The%20vehicle%20belonging%20to%20Vavenby,about%2020%20km%20from%20Vavenby.

Anonymous

Then you come across this

https://cdn.where.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Family-CREDIT-Parks-CanadaRyan-Bray.jpg">

:beurk:

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=376600 time=1597913665

That is possible, but only at maintained recreational sites that cater to people recreating...

Locals know where to go if they want nobody around!  4X4 would be required...  RV's would have a real problem if they attempted the decommissioned dirt roads around here!

Renee

Quote from: Guest post_id=376600 time=1597913665

https://cdn.where.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Family-CREDIT-Parks-CanadaRyan-Bray.jpg">

:beurk:

Looks like Mel's ex.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=376607 time=1597923259 user_id=156
Looks like Mel's ex.

No, it doesn't.  My Ex wasn't a 12 year old Asian girl.

Renee, it's time that you also step off the anti-Mel bandwagon too...  I don't know why you continue to drive all your postings here aimed at nothing more than me.

Renee

Quote from: Mel post_id=376608 time=1597923834
Quote from: Renee post_id=376607 time=1597923259 user_id=156
Looks like Mel's ex.

No, it doesn't.  My Ex wasn't a 12 year old Asian girl.

Renee, it's time that you also step off the anti-Mel bandwagon too...  I don't know why you continue to drive all your postings here aimed at nothing more than me.

What's anti Mel about what I said? :nea:

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=376610 time=1597924541 user_id=156
What's anti Mel about what I said? :nea:

You can figure that out by yourself, since you're not an idiot.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview