Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

A

Democratic governors facing DOJ investigation over COVID 19 nursing home deaths

Started by Anonymous, August 27, 2020, 02:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=404234 time=1614968521 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=404232 time=1614967391 user_id=88
https://hidedoor.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sbmtfvzdfxfbxiaor/p2/busted-ny-gov-cuomos-deadly-nursing-home-scandal-is-now-going-to-the-next-level-knab/?utm_source=economics">BUSTED: NY Gov. Cuomo's Deadly Nursing Home Scandal Is Now Going To The Next Level

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo refuses to resign. But a damning new report is going to put more pressure on New York legislators to do something about the governor or risk looking complicit in a major scandal that is now being raised to the next level.

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that not only did the Cuomo administration hide data about a deadly March 2020 decree that sent COVID-positive nursing home residents back to long-term facilities, despite the known risks,

aides actually deleted data and altered documents to mislead the public.

It's pointing to eventual criminal charges against the governor of New York.

It is very much so. He had put out numbers as around 6,000 when they found numbers are actually around 15,000

Falsifying  numbers is a bit more difficult to prosecute - "Deleting data" forces prosecution
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

New York State Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie and Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins, both Democrats, called on Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign Sunday over mounting sexual misconduct allegations.

Anonymous

The editorial board of the Albany Times-Union, which has endorsed Andrew Cuomo for governor three times, called on the New York Democrat to resign from office Saturday for his misleading statements about coronavirus-related nursing home deaths.

"First Gov. Andrew Cuomo hid the truth about deaths of nursing home residents from the public. Then his administration lied about why. Then, pretending to come clean, it lied about why it lied," the editorial board wrote in a scathing takedown.

cc

This title should read "Democrat", a political party of Cancelling those of other views by a multitude of methods

Democrat"ic" they absolutely are not ... and in fact are in the homestretch of destroying everything Democrat"ic" forever

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=404616 time=1615314168 user_id=88
This title should read "Democrat", a political party of Cancelling those of other views by a multitude of methods

Democrat"ic" they absolutely are not ... and in fact are in the homestretch of destroying everything Democrat"ic" forever

Just like commies and fascists.

cc

I know the deaths he caused was most important evil he did, but for the record ..

ALBANY — A sixth woman has leveled allegations of sexual harassment or inappropriate conduct against Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, after a supervisor in the Executive Chamber recently became aware the woman said that the governor inappropriately touched her late last year during an encounter at the governor's mansion, where she had been summoned to do work.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=404632 time=1615331466 user_id=88
I know the deaths he caused was most important evil he did, but for the record ..

ALBANY — A sixth woman has leveled allegations of sexual harassment or inappropriate conduct against Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, after a supervisor in the Executive Chamber recently became aware the woman said that the governor inappropriately touched her late last year during an encounter at the governor's mansion, where she had been summoned to do work.

How did he find time to cause so many deaths in long term care facilities.

cc

Easy peasy - 1 single order to send hospitalized covid patients back to care homes while still infected .. unimaginable, but true

At least 4 other Dem governors did the same  .. . Since, his state got caught trying  to hide the numbers .. no doubt in an effort to protect him from what he had done

Anonymous

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) is facing increased scrutiny over a policy that may have contributed to increased nursing home deaths related to the coronavirus pandemic.

Now, a Michigan prosecutor says that Whitmer could face criminal charges.

Whitmer issued an executive order last year that prohibited nursing homes and other long-term care facilities from turning away residents who tested positive for COVID-19 regardless of whether they were contagious.

Thiel

Quote from: Herman post_id=404643 time=1615338923 user_id=1689
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) is facing increased scrutiny over a policy that may have contributed to increased nursing home deaths related to the coronavirus pandemic.

Now, a Michigan prosecutor says that Whitmer could face criminal charges.

Whitmer issued an executive order last year that prohibited nursing homes and other long-term care facilities from turning away residents who tested positive for COVID-19 regardless of whether they were contagious.

Whitmer did that too. But, I don't know if she covered it up like Cuomo did.
gay, conservative and proud

cc

Here's a good one!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/08/nyregion/cuomo-book.html">Cuomo Book Promotion Halted By Publisher Citing Nursing Home Scandal

The publisher of Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo's book on his leadership during the pandemic said it had stopped promoting the title because of an inquiry into the withholding of data on the deaths of nursing home residents.

Sales of the book, "American Crisis: Leadership Lessons from the Covid-19 Pandemic," had already slowed severely as the governor found himself embroiled in overlapping crises of his own making, including a drumbeat of accusations about his inappropriate behavior toward younger women and his aides' manipulation of nursing home data.

cc

It's actually happening

https://nypost.com/2021/03/11/more-than-55-ny-democrats-call-on-andrew-cuomo-to-resign/">55 Democrat Lawmakers Call On Cuomo To Just Resign And Not Force Them To Remove Him

More than 55 Democratic state legislators called Thursday for Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign — and the Assembly speaker said he would hold a meeting later in the day "on potential paths forward."

The statement from Cuomo's fellow Democrats cited [/i]

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=404832 time=1615482919 user_id=88
It's actually happening

http://server1.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/scczblb/p2/2021/03/11/more-than-55-ny-democrats-call-on-andrew-cuomo-to-resign/">55 Democrat Lawmakers Call On Cuomo To Just Resign And Not Force Them To Remove Him

More than 55 Democratic state legislators called Thursday for Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign — and the Assembly speaker said he would hold a meeting later in the day "on potential paths forward."

The statement from Cuomo's fellow Democrats cited [/i]

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Anonymous

How Andrew Cuomo Went From America's 'Love Gov' To Fending Off Calls For His Resignation In Less Than 12 Months

https://dailycaller.com/2021/03/10/andrew-cuomo-nursing-home-timeline/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=lfFjpORTXBWNB30VyELVXYyr1AflWg2LoPK0hjWH">https://dailycaller.com/2021/03/10/andr ... 2LoPK0hjWH">https://dailycaller.com/2021/03/10/andrew-cuomo-nursing-home-timeline/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=lfFjpORTXBWNB30VyELVXYyr1AflWg2LoPK0hjWH

For much of 2020, Andrew Cuomo was lauded as America's favorite politician, praised for steering New York through the COVID-19 pandemic and dubbed the "Love Gov" for his seemingly universal appeal by a CNN host who happened to be his brother.

Now, the Democratic governor of New York faces federal investigations, a potential impeachment and bipartisan calls for his resignation due to his coverup of nursing home deaths and sexual misconduct accusations from at least six women.