The best topic

Replies: 10394
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Medical situation on the skytrain

Started by Annie, November 21, 2013, 12:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

^^Keeps, Odinstain is gone until next week. Enjoy the peace while you can.

jaysings

Quote from: "Annie"sound good, what book?

"1984" written by george orwell

jaysings

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Jay means the novel "1984" written by George Orwell.

yes,right. have u read this book? so classic. exactly projects an image of north korea nowadays

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"

yes,right. have u read this book? so classic. exactly projects an image of north korea nowadays

Yeah, I read it Jay. Quite some time ago though.

jaysings

children are the shadow of their parents. they take after some of personalities of their parents. so I presume that Ms. Anne must be a woman with full of love for people and pets

Anonymous

children are the shadow of their parents. they take after some of personalities of their parents. so I presume that Ms. Anne must be a woman with full of love for people and pets

Yes, I believe our Annie has those qualities Jay. However, not all kids are a chip off the old block.

Annie

Quote from: "Keeper"First I want to say RIGHT ON Annie that it wonderful and happy your Daughter is an amazing person.

Now I want to explain why I would not lift a hand to help the lady, little bit of a different situation but......

Back when I was around 20ish me and my best friend were going to the local lake fishing, we were driving on the HI way when a GMC 1/2 ton truck cuts across both lanes, cuts us off, down the ditch and up a small hill crashing hard....there was steam and smoke and shit all over the place.

My friend (who was driving) pulls off the road and drives right to the accident. I jump out go to the passenger side and there are 2 Natives drunk as fuck, The driver is cross legged under the steering wheel and bleeding severely, like Gushing, I could see his skull, his scalp was flipped over about 4inches. The passenger was asking me to hide the booze and not call the cops. I just sat there watching, I guess in shock. My Friend and a women(who had tampon pads in her purse) were trying to stop the bleeding, pulled the guy OUT of the truck and put him on the ground, not knowing if he had a back injury or whatever, everyone theres saying don't , don't stop moving him, but they didn't listen.

The Guy died, right there on the spot, The passenger and his family sued both the lady and my best friend. It was thrown out of court because of the drinking.

So, Helping doesn't always benefit everyone, You might think your doing the right thing but are you safe to do so? My Best friend said he would do it again if it meant saving there life.

Oh he was pretty messed up about the guy dying in his hands.

That's my story.

oh and

OBI

FUCK OFF -- ROfl

This case is much different, she knew what to do and exactly how to do it and the lady was not in danger of dying. She was having a seizure and my kid recognized that and decided to help her because she knew she could. I know she would do it again and for anyone who needed help if she knew what and how to do it. So, I'm not at all worried about her being sued.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Annie

Yes, I believe our Annie has those qualities Jay. However, not all kids are a chip off the old block.

I would def help anyone who needed help, but I'm not sure I would be as calm as my daughter was, especially if it was a dire situation.  

Oh and thank you for all the compliments, makes me feel really good :-)
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"

I would def help anyone who needed help, but I'm not sure I would be as calm as my daughter was, especially if it was a dire situation.  

Oh and thank you for all the compliments, makes me feel really good :-)

Glad we could we could do that Annie.

I think you raised a key point here. That is calmness under pressure. Very difficult for some people to remain focused in emergency situations.

Annie

I think it's ironic how she was able to remain focused and calm when she's usually distracted and doesn't "seem" to be paying attention. She's always had issues with learning and remembering but this was right up her ally! Learning and remembering things that can help others and animals seem to just stick in her mind. Other stuff, like money and time, not so much LoL

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I think it's ironic how she was able to remain focused and calm when she's usually distracted and doesn't "seem" to be paying attention. She's always had issues with learning and remembering but this was right up her ally! Learning and remembering things that can help others and animals seem to just stick in her mind. Other stuff, like money and time, not so much LoL

She's eighteen right Annie? Perhaps you could look into something helping people or animals as a job for her. I don't know anything about either field, but it might be worth your time to look into it.

Annie

She was volunteering at the SPCA but had to stop because her allergies got so bad and there wasn't much for her to do other than clean out cages. Which she shouldn't be doing since her immune system is very low and she can inhale fumes from feces and urine and get very ill. She had to spend a couple weeks in hospital a few years ago on intravenous meds because she ate cat littler and got a stomache virus. Thank goodness she doesn't do that anymore and we switched to pine pellets and she not allowed to go anywhere near the boxes.

We are waiting for approval for her to be on disability, they have programs for special needs adults that travel together and work together in places like Walmart, recycling plants etc. She regularly volunteers to pick up garbage along shorelines in the spring and summer. We have a long garbage tong picker upper thing and rubber gloves for her to use as well as a mask so that works very well.  I suppose a good strong mask would work for at the SPCA as well but she would need to be supervised and reminded to wear it.  I wonder if a mask would work for her allergies too?

She walks our neighbor's dog regularly and they pay her weekly, they provide the little doggy bag for her to pick up the poop too.  She's really good with clay art, and wants to one day soon have her own small bussiness making clay miniatures. I think she would do very well at it and our son can make her an awesome website for her to sell online or even Ebay!

Annie

Yep she's 18, soon to be 19 in a few months! Yikes, they grow up so fast. Our son is 21 and moved out. I'm spending a few hours with him tomorrow, haven't seen him for a couple weeks. I'm super excited, I hope I can sleep tonight :)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"She was volunteering at the SPCA but had to stop because her allergies got so bad and there wasn't much for her to do other than clean out cages. Which she shouldn't be doing since her immune system is very low and she can inhale fumes from feces and urine and get very ill. She had to spend a couple weeks in hospital a few years ago on intravenous meds because she ate cat littler and got a stomache virus. Thank goodness she doesn't do that anymore and we switched to pine pellets and she not allowed to go anywhere near the boxes.

We are waiting for approval for her to be on disability, they have programs for special needs adults that travel together and work together in places like Walmart, recycling plants etc. She regularly volunteers to pick up garbage along shorelines in the spring and summer. We have a long garbage tong picker upper thing and rubber gloves for her to use as well as a mask so that works very well.  I suppose a good strong mask would work for at the SPCA as well but she would need to be supervised and reminded to wear it.  I wonder if a mask would work for her allergies too?

She walks our neighbor's dog regularly and they pay her weekly, they provide the little doggy bag for her to pick up the poop too.  She's really good with clay art, and wants to one day soon have her own small bussiness making clay miniatures. I think she would do very well at it and our son can make her an awesome website for her to sell online or even Ebay!

Too bad you and your daughter are not here in Edmonton Annie. I could find all kinds of jobs around my house for her to do. :lol:

Srsly though, she sounds ambitious and wants to feel useful(who doesn't). She will find something or more than one thing that will both occupy her time and utilize her abilities.

Annie

Considering she tires easily and has to sleep a lot more and take naps, she's a very busy kid! She goes to a youth group for special needs adults once a week and another group with teenagers who are not special needs, she really enjoys both and seems to fit in. The second group, she was worried they wouldn't accept her, but I told her to just give the other members a chance, be yourself and be nice. She loves it there and made a ton of friends at both groups. She grew up with extreme bullying in school right from elementary and that made her withdrawal from everything until she went to these groups. She finally feels "accepted".  She has grown so much in the past year since she graduated from high school, I see little improvements almost every day now!