Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:18:03 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Covid and lock downs in a nutshell

Started by Frood, September 06, 2020, 11:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=415938 time=1626454355 user_id=3254

I know our decision to send our children to private school was a wise one.

A VERY wise decision
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=416274 time=1626892484 user_id=114
A consortium backed by George Soros and Bill Gates has joined a buyout of Mologic, a COVID-19 testing company.

The Soros Economic Development Fund, an arm of Soros' Open Society Foundations, confirmed in a July 19 statement that it has partnered with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The Soros–Gates collaboration is part of the Global Access Health initiative, which will invest "at least" $41.1 million in the project, according to the statement.

Now, isn't that special.

I don't have a problem with their incredible wealth..

I do with their desire for power though.

Anonymous

Michigan county officials used COVID relief money to give themselves bonuses: 'I think that I earned it'.

Anonymous

https://scontent.fyxd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/218179136_4287753057952004_543390789748807073_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=iPbsc3Gl1BYAX_n1J29&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.fna&oh=f584bf95b1b4d60dcd5d2d06ce59c6bd&oe=611EE0F0">

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=416427 time=1627008812 user_id=1689
Michigan county officials used COVID relief money to give themselves bonuses: 'I think that I earned it'.

Isn't Governor Whitmer running a corrupt government.

Anonymous

Just a brief survey of the media landscape surfaces countless more articles and soundbites making essentially the same claim: Conservatives are the ones refusing the vaccine and subsequently prolonging the nation's recovery from the virus.

But is that actually the case? According to new data from the Kaiser Family Foundation, it appears no, at least not entirely. The health policy think tank published studies on COVID-19 vaccinations by race, ethnicity, and age recently that seemed to suggest that traditionally Democratic groups — blacks, Hispanics, and young people — are the ones not getting vaccinated.

https://twitter.com/SArtiga2/status/1417919732251041792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1417919732251041792%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theblaze.com%2Fnews%2Funvaccinated-not-who-media-says-they-are">https://twitter.com/SArtiga2/status/141 ... s-they-are">https://twitter.com/SArtiga2/status/1417919732251041792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1417919732251041792%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theblaze.com%2Fnews%2Funvaccinated-not-who-media-says-they-are

Anonymous

Top Biden administration officials are now signaling that certain groups will need COVID-19 booster shots, a shift from earlier this month when they said the argument for boosters lacked evidence.

Government officials are "actively looking into ways" to let people who do not have strong immune systems, or the immunocompromised, gain access to boosters, Dr. Amanda Cohn, chief medical officer of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), told an advisory panel this week.

cc

I would hope they mean "variant-altered shots, not simply boosters of the same thing

The manufacturers are working on adjustments for variants

I also hope our govt get's busy on that now that we are on the good end of this vaccination train

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416635 time=1627232103 user_id=88
I would hope they mean "variant-altered shots, not simply boosters of the same thing

The manufacturers are working on adjustments for variants

I also hope our govt get's busy on that now that we are on the good end of this vaccination train

I think they mean people who are immunocompromised.

Anonymous

Cronus should unlock the Retardation On Other Forums thread.

DSM, Dinky and Scouse are getting bombarded with stupidity on VF because they aren't vaxxed by people who are vaxxed. If they had any faith at all in the vaccines they were incoulated with they wouldn't give a shit about what other people do.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=416654 time=1627241149 user_id=56

DSM, Dinky and Scouse are getting bombarded with stupidity on VF because they aren't vaxxed by people who are vaxxed. If they had any faith at all in the vaccines they were incoulated with they wouldn't give a shit about what other people do.

I made a mistake telling posters to get vaccinated..

I was vaccinated and that's all we can do protect ourselves from being infected.

Anonymous

But, they told others not to get jabbed. Old Odinson is the only anti vaxxer who didn't stick his nose into the business of others.

cc

Well, vaccinated people have a legit beefs. 1st there is a possibility one of the dorks could infect them ... and 2nd they keep it going and producing even more effective variants, which affects everyone.. and 3. they keep it going along with all the downsides including greater restrictions if it gets bad .. and then are always the first to cry about that

Frankly I have zero sympathy with the antivax freaks. They do hurt others directly and indirectly .. and so far as posting, they have nothing other than incorrect statements and insults and ad hom when challenged even lightly

Been there .. Done that

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416657 time=1627241945 user_id=88

Well, vaccinated people have a legit beefs. 1st there is a possibility one of the dorks could infect them ... and 2nd they keep it going and producing even more effective variants which affects others .. and 3. they keep it going along with all the downsides including greater restrictions if it gets bad .. and then are always the first to cry about that

Frankly I have zero sympathy with the antivax freaks. They do hurt others directly and indirectly

Here is where we part ways!

I've done what needs to be done to protect myself. I never expected much more than 70% vaccination rates. I don't think anyone did realistically. If they get infected it's on them. If I get infected and get sick, than they were right about efficacy.

cc

You do realize the number of reality conflicting statements in that short para, right?

You are sounding like these dorks snuck a shot of their dna into you .. and arguing using similar irrelevant methods

The numbers are telling the tale and I gave you that in depth UK report ... + I run the calcs and UK is many times lower on death rate / case than anywhere in the world .. . It ain't even close for survival rate ....

That said, our (BC, Alta, Canada etc.) numbers post-vax have gotten many times better also  .. just not quite up to UK because UK is more heavily vaxxed