Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

I Kinda Miss Instigator

Started by Anonymous, December 18, 2013, 12:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "cc li tarte"Agree. He was pure troll seeking reaction, quite different from a few just not bright types that actually mean what they say or at least mean to insult

Yep, he never went off his game, never got angry just stuck to the business of trolling. No personal malice whatsoever.

I found the use of that word very insulting.

That's why he said it so often, to get under your skin.

Anonymous

Yep, he never went off his game, never got angry just stuck to the business of trolling. No personal malice whatsoever.

If that is true, I don't understand why he would want to do that?

Renee

Some people just like to annoy others for attention. This is especially true on the net. They get off on seeing people react negatively to their antics and it gives them a sense of power.

Don't try to understand it because everyone's need for this kind of attention is different and many times it is complex and deeply rooted in their psyche.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Some people just like to annoy others for attention. This is especially true on the net. They get off on seeing people react negatively to their antics and it gives them a sense of power.

Don't try to understand it because everyone's need for this kind of attention is different and many times it is complex and deeply rooted in their psyche.

Yes, some very different people for sure Ms. Renee.

Odinson

Theres no trusting on anybody in here. Trying to reason here is futile...

Lets just talk about sex... Atleast no1 can argue with dick penetrating pussy.

Anonymous

I never really understood this either until I joined DV just before it's demise. I used to post on all the old defunct Asian forums and we never had people quite like Gordy, SMP, Kaylee, RDL. all of Jughead's handles. I thought it was pretty weird to say the least. Now, after posting among the white folks for three and a half years there ways have rubbed off on me. I post shit I know will get a rise out of the three thin-skinned ladies; Vesna, mimi and EU!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Renee

I never really understood this either until I joined DV just before it's demise. I used to post on all the old defunct Asian forums and we never had people quite like Gordy, SMP, Kaylee, RDL. all of Jughead's handles. I thought it was pretty weird to say the least. Now, after posting among the white folks for three and a half years there ways have rubbed off on me. I post shit I know will get a rise out of the three thin-skinned ladies; Vesna, mimi and EU!!

I have to tell you that VF and the various DV forums are and were the only forums that I have found where the kind of raucous behavior that is common there is allowed. Years ago I used to be heavily involved (no pun intended) in many of the BBW/SSBBW/FA forums and I still stop in to a few of them every now and then and you do not see the kind of juvenile, combative and confrontational behavior you see on places like VF. First of all, the mods don't stand for it and they are anal about keeping civility and order. Secondly the members are decent human beings who are not looking to build up their egos by ripping others apart. It is a relatively close-knit community of people who have come together to discuss issues of a particularly unique nature and the topics do not stray far off subjects that are important to the BBW/FA scene. Everybody is reasonably civil and even if and when a debate does get somewhat heated people are adult enough to step back and cool off.

There is really no such maturity and civility at VF and the mods basically do nothing until things get almost totally out of control. Even then it seems that they are reluctant to take action. One has to wonder at times what they are even doing or why they are needed except to perform website maintenance. The only other internet venue I've ever seen were such bad behavior and animosity toward other posters was and is allowed, is Usenet. Those old crude forums are full of Kooks, crackpots, egomaniacs and stalkers and there is no control at all. It is a very nasty place. In fact; very similar to VF. :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

I have to tell you that VF and the various DV forums are and were the only forums that I have found where the kind of raucous behavior that is common there is allowed. Years ago I used to be heavily involved (no pun intended) in many of the BBW/SSBBW/FA forums and I still stop in to a few of them every now and then and you do not see the kind of juvenile, combative and confrontational behavior you see on places like VF. First of all, the mods don't stand for it and they are anal about keeping civility and order. Secondly the members are decent human beings who are not looking to build up their egos by ripping others apart. It is a relatively close-knit community of people who have come together to discuss issues of a particularly unique nature and the topics do not stray far off subjects that are important to the BBW/FA scene. Everybody is reasonably civil and even if and when a debate does get somewhat heated people are adult enough to step back and cool off.

There is really no such maturity and civility at VF and the mods basically do nothing until things get almost totally out of control. Even then it seems that they are reluctant to take action. One has to wonder at times what they are even doing or why they are needed except to perform website maintenance. The only other internet venue I've ever seen were such bad behavior and animosity toward other posters was and is allowed, is Usenet. Those old crude forums are full of Kooks, crackpots, egomaniacs and stalkers and there is no control at all. Very similar to VF. :lol:

I should probably give VF more respect, but I realize what would be the point. The mods not only care do NOT care about civility they are among the worst offenders for being puerile punks. That forum is just so far out of the mainstream it boggles the mind.

Yes, I used to participate on all the old Asian forums, but the average age was like 20. When you get 45 year old mods acting like nasty immature schoolyard bullies it makes you shake your head. Are these people real? If so, why are they off their meds.

Renee

There is really no such maturity and civility at VF and the mods basically do nothing until things get almost totally out of control. Even then it seems that they are reluctant to take action. One has to wonder at times what they are even doing or why they are needed except to perform website maintenance. The only other internet venue I've ever seen were such bad behavior and animosity toward other posters was and is allowed, is Usenet. Those old crude forums are full of Kooks, crackpots, egomaniacs and stalkers and there is no control at all. Very similar to VF. :lol:

I should probably give VF more respect, but I realize what would be the point. The mods not only care do NOT care about civility they are among the worst offenders for being puerile punks. That forum is just so far out of the mainstream it boggles the mind.

Yes, I used to participate on all the old Asian forums, but the average age was like 20. When you get 45 year old mods acting like nasty immature schoolyard bullies it makes you shake your head. Are these people real? If so, why are they off their meds.

Yeah you have to wonder. I found the Van forums shortly after me and my family moved the Washington State. I don't remember the name of it but it was just basically just a message board with no Avatars or even a registration. It was a wild place with no rules and it was basically wide open and because there was no registration you could change handles at will. Stalkers would routinely follow you around from thread to thread harassing you and you could do the same to them. I learned early on not to divulge too much personal info there because it would very quickly become a problem. At times I think it seems that VF is trying to be a tamer version of that kind of craziness. It's like they don't want to stray too far from their roots.

Anonymous

Yeah you have to wonder. I found the Van forums shortly after me and my family moved the Washington State. I don't remember the name of it but it was just basically just a message board with no Avatars or even a registration. It was a wild place with no rules and it was basically wide open and because there was no registration you could change handles at will. Stalkers would routinely follow you around from thread to thread harassing you and you could do the same to them. I learned early on not to divulge too much personal info there because it would very quickly become a problem. At times I think it seems that VF is trying to be a tamer version of that kind of craziness. It's like they don't want to stray too far from their roots.

I stumbled upon DV after getting the boot from Asian based forum like 44's, MM etc. There was a troll there at the time with the handle of Percy Liu that I knew was making fun of East Asians by perpetuating every negative stereotype about us. On the Asian forums I was always JL or Rosali. I registered as "P@nsy Liu" to throw his stupidity back at this obvious white troll and that was the birth of the legend of Shen Li. :o  :D  :lol:

Renee

I stumbled upon DV after getting the boot from Asian based forum like 44's, MM etc. There was a troll there at the time with the handle of Percy Liu that I knew was making fun of East Asians by being perpetuating every negative stereotype of us. On the Asian forums I was always JL or Rosali. I registered as "P@nsy Liu" to throw his stupidity back at this obvious white troll and that was the birth of the legend of Shen Li. :o  :D  :lol:

I will always remember you as "P@nsy Liu". If you recall I started out as "Fat Renee" but everyone gave me so much shit about it I shortened it. It was mind boggling; at any given time you had posters calling each other all kinds of awful shit and saying all kinds of nasty stuff but for some reason putting the word "Fat" in front of my handle caused some people to have brain fart stroke. It got very tedious answering the constant question of "why"? It was really stupid. I should have realized then what kind of dopes I was dealing with. :lol:

Anonymous

I will always remember you as "P@nsy Liu". If you recall I started out as "Fat Renee" but everyone gave me so much shit about it I shortened it. It was mind boggling; at any given time you had posters calling each other all kinds of awful shit and saying all kinds of nasty stuff but for some reason putting the word "Fat" in front of my handle caused some people to have brain fart stroke. It got very tedious answering the constant question of "why"? It was really stupid. I should have realized then what kind of dopes I was dealing with. :lol:

I don't remember Fat Renee to be honest. I just remember you were like one of the few mainstream voices there. P@nsy Liu was meant to be a silly handle on what I thought was a ridiculous forum that had no theme, rhyme, purpose or fuck all else. However, three and a half years later, I am still sparring with many of the same people.

BTW, what ever happened to those trolls Percy Liu or HK Boy that tried making East Asians look like total losers?

Renee

I don't remember Fat Renee to be honest. I just remember you were like one of the few mainstream voices there. P@nsy Liu was meant to be a silly handle on what I thought was a ridiculous that had no theme, rhyme, purpose or fuck all else. However, three and a half years later, I am still sparring with many of the same people.

BTW, what ever happened to those trolls Percy Liu or HK Boy that tried making East Asians look like total losers?

I have no idea what happened to those two. In fact I had forgotten all about them. I don't know what happen to a lot of the old posters, so many of them have fallen away that I can't remember half of their handles.

Obvious Li

There is really no such maturity and civility at VF and the mods basically do nothing until things get almost totally out of control. Even then it seems that they are reluctant to take action. One has to wonder at times what they are even doing or why they are needed except to perform website maintenance. The only other internet venue I've ever seen were such bad behavior and animosity toward other posters was and is allowed, is Usenet. Those old crude forums are full of Kooks, crackpots, egomaniacs and stalkers and there is no control at all. It is a very nasty place. In fact; very similar to VF. :lol:

all true...i started posting on VF and it's various previous DV, DS, DATW iterations in 2002....it was better then...before Gambino and his attempts to destroy the place,.. it was at least fun at times.....after he took over posting shit in every thread the place just turned into a free for all.......when Eves split off to form VF in 2008 and asked a bunch of us to follow it was ok for a short while until once again Gambino showed up and started bombing every thread....i blame it on the mods there and the policy of not banning anyone if possible.....anti social cvnts like Gambino need to be banned to protect the integrity of the forum and the members who post there.....failure to do so is negligence on behalf of the owners....as evidenced by the current state of VF which now closely resembles DV in it`s dying days.....personally i hope it flushes down the crapper where it belongs..... :ugeek:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

all true...i started posting on VF and it's various previous DV, DS, DATW iterations in 2002....it was better then...before Gambino and his attempts to destroy the place,.. it was at least fun at times.....after he took over posting shit in every thread the place just turned into a free for all.......when Eves split off to form VF in 2008 and asked a bunch of us to follow it was ok for a short while until once again Gambino showed up and started bombing every thread....i blame it on the mods there and the policy of not banning anyone if possible.....anti social cvnts like Gambino need to be banned to protect the integrity of the forum and the members who post there.....failure to do so is negligence on behalf of the owners....as evidenced by the current state of VF which now closely resembles DV in it`s dying days.....personally i hope it flushes down the crapper where it belongs..... :ugeek:

I read so many of you commenting about DV, but I never got a chance to see it..

It seems as though it was a lively place?