Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Trudeau dropped ball with vaccine plan

Started by Anonymous, November 27, 2020, 11:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

https://smartcdn.prod.postmedia.digital/torontosun/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/dolighan-cartoon-nov28-e1606511736445.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=564&type=webp">

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=392080 time=1606493311 user_id=114
Trudeau has always been too little too late or nothing at all throughout this pandemic. Americans, thanks to Trump's Operation Warp Speed will start vaccinations in two weeks. Canadians could be waiting and dying until spring.

By former Liberal strategist Warren Kinsella for Sun News Media

Trudeau dropped ball with vaccine plan

Politics is all about symbols.

So is the growing vaccine scandal in Canada. It doesn't have a name yet, but it is growing.

The scandal, as everyone should know by now, is this: Our allies are going to start vaccinating their citizens in a matter of days.

The British have more than 1,000 vaccination locations that will be operating seven days a week starting next week. Two weeks after that, the United States will commence vaccinating millions of its citizens every month.

The Germans and other allies, too, will kick-start massive vaccination programs in December.

In Canada, none of that is going to be happening. In fact, the federal government can't even tell us when we will be receiving a life-saving anti-COVID jab.

Trump and his administration instituted Operation Warp Speed, a massive and integrated effort to get vaccines delivered to state governments. From there, into the arms of American health-care workers and the most vulnerable.

If he has any legacy at all, it will be that: Trump actually delivered the vaccine to Americans pretty quickly.

So did Britain's Boris Johnson and Germany's Angela Merkel.

[size=150]Trudeau? He has indisputably and spectacularly dropped the ball. He had months to develop and implement a plan to ensure Canadians receive the same vaccines that our allies are going to be getting at the same time. He failed.

[/size]

He has survived many other scandals — Aga Khan, SNC-Lavalin, WE Charity. He has had more lives than a cat. But his nine lives may be running out. His luck may be running out.

Trudeau's failure to get a vaccine for Canadians may well be his.

Trudeau's handling of the pandemic has been a disaster.

Anonymous

By Sun News Media

Too far down the line

Liberals could be in big trouble if non-producing countries get vaccine before Canada

It would be extremely odd if vaccine- manufacturing nations didn't inoculate their citizens first.

We would, if Canada were still a major producer of vaccines, as it once was.

The problem for the Trudeau Liberals is that other non-producing countries will receive the vaccine ahead of us.

It could be politically damaging for the Liberals if Canadians see news stories of Americans crowding into major sports stadiums, Brits shopping maskless on bustling high streets and Germans rushing out to eat at restaurants while we are still hunkering down in our basements socializing with no one, tensely awaiting that day's infection and death toll reports.

David Herle, a longtime Liberal strategist and host of the podcast The Herle Burly, told the Hill Times on Monday, "Every day that a vaccine is being distributed in the U.S. but not Canada will be the worst day of the Trudeau government's life."

Herle added it will be even

worse if "seemingly lesser jurisdictions, like Mexico," get the vaccine before Canada, too.

And because the Trudeau government spent so many months backing a vaccine from China that turned out to be a bust, Mexico will very likely get a vaccine before we

do because it placed its orders with reputable pharmaceutical companies long before our federal government got around to it.

The most recent estimates are for 88 per cent of Americans to be vaccinated by May 31, while just 50 per cent of Canadians will be vaccinated by the end of August. (Sixty per cent is considered the vaccination level needed to reopen society fully to normal activities.)

Anonymous

India has enough doses for fifty million people. Canadians have to wait.

Anonymous

Quote from: Velvet post_id=392958 time=1607119832 user_id=2021
India has enough doses for fifty million people. Canadians have to wait.

India has facilities that can produce vaccines and they didn't sign dumb agreements with companies that are controlled by the CCP.

cc

Let's face reality here . and call it like it is

In economy, debt, manufacturing, resource industries, science & vaccine production / medicine (and no factory ready and rarin to go to manufacture vaccines despite almost a year's notice was the final indignity for the people of this country) .. our once great country has become a 2nd world country .. and 2nd is being generous

Thank you Trudy. You have lived up to everything I thought you would when your name first came up as a possible

It takes many people to build a solid country. .... Clearly it takes only 1 incompetent & wrong-headed person to destroy it
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=392968 time=1607142346 user_id=88

In economy, debt, manufacturing, resource industries, science & vaccine production / medicine (and no factory ready and rarin to go to manufacture vaccines despite almost a year's notice was the final indignity for the people of this country) .. our once great country has become a 2nd world country .. and 2nd is being generous

Thank you Trudy. You have lived up to everything I thought you would when your name first came up as a possible

It takes many people to build a solid country. .... Clearly it takes only 1 incompetent & wrong-headed person to destroy it

I've talked with relatives in Taiwan, and they can't believe that Canada isn't producing it's own vaccine or at least another vaccine.

Anonymous

It's hard to believe how badly this country is governed. And the current regime is doubling down on stupid. But, I'm confident sanity will eventually return.

Anonymous

It's hard to believe how badly this country is governed. And the current regime is doubling down on stupid. But, I'm confident sanity will eventually return.

Anonymous

By Brian Lilley of Sun News Media

On Thursday, NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh asked one of the most pertinent questions in the House of Commons.

Singh asked the Trudeau government directly whether it had ordered enough vaccines for the first round for the most vulnerable.

"We certainly don't have enough vaccine in the first round to cover all seniors over the age of 70," Singh said in the Commons. "So will the prime minister admit that he did not do his job to ensure there is enough vaccine in the first round for people who need it most?"

We're getting vaccines later and only getting enough between now and the end of March to vaccinate 8% of the population.

Those over the age of 70, which is the age group Singh asked about, accounts for 12.5% of the population.

Anonymous

You aint wrong. The only reason I returned to Canada was to buy the type of farm I wanted. If it wasn't for that I would have stayed abroad.

My son is eligible for permanent residency in Australia. Old Herman hates to see his grand daughter leave, but for the sake of their own futures, I think they should make down under their permanent home.

cc

Agreed - Get out .. Captain has been sinking what was a good ship - Short of outright mutiny  :sneaky2: hint hint, it will sink to the bottom

As to virus alone, we should be leaders and at least have out a "manufacture under licence" operation in motion soon as it all started

Counting on China was as lazy, stupid & outright traitorous as it gets

BTW, I read the NACI National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI): Statements and publications last night

This is quite current & likely will stand (November 2020)

Recommendations

The following recommendations are meant to help plan for the efficient and equitable allocation of initial doses of authorized COVID-19 vaccines when limited initial vaccine supply will necessitate the immunization of certain groups earlier than others. These recommendations further sequence the key populations identified in NACI's recent evidence-informed guidance on Key populations for early COVID-19 immunization. The sequencing of these populations may change as more evidence on COVID-19 vaccines becomes available. Once initial supplies of authorized vaccines are available, the following populations should be offered vaccines according to the authorized immunization schedule (with efforts to ensure completion of the immunization schedule with the same vaccine). NACI does not provide further prioritization within the groups listed below.

Stage 1

NACI recommends that initial doses of authorized COVID-19 vaccine(s) should be offered to individuals without contraindications in the following populations:

Residents and staff of congregate living settings that provide care for seniors

Adults 70 years of age and older, beginning with adults 80 years of age and older, then decreasing the age limit by 5-year increments to age 70 years as supply becomes available

Health care workers (including all those who work in health care settings and personal support workers whose work involves direct contact with patients)

Adults in Indigenous communities where infection can have disproportionate consequences

Rationale

All residents and all staff of congregate living settings that provide care for seniors (i.e., long term care, assisted living, retirement homes, and chronic care hospitals) should be prioritized for the first COVID-19 vaccine doses as these settings in Canada have experienced a large number of outbreaks associated with a high number of fatalitiesFootnote5. Residents of these facilities are primarily of advanced age, further increasing their risk of severe outcomes, including hospitalization and death, due to COVID-19Footnote6.

All adults of advanced age should be prioritized for initial doses of authorized COVID-19 vaccines, beginning with adults 80 years of age and older, then decreasing the age limit in 5-year increments to age 70 years as supply becomes available.

More - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/immunization/national-advisory-committee-on-immunization-naci/guidance-prioritization-initial-doses-covid-19-vaccines.html">https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... cines.html">https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/immunization/national-advisory-committee-on-immunization-naci/guidance-prioritization-initial-doses-covid-19-vaccines.html
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

QuoteCounting on China was as lazy, stupid & outright traitorous as it gets

Frickin right. It's treason carried out by a serial ethics violator.

Anonymous

I have never had less respect for Canada than I now.

Gaon

Canada has so much natural wealth, but this country doesn't want to use it to improve living standards. If Netanyahu was prime minister of Canada, this country would be the world's biggest oil and gas exporter.
The Russian Rock It