News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

How I get my kid to not complain about dinner...

Started by Frood, December 02, 2020, 01:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Zetsu

I didn't realized White kids had it that bad, for me my parents just had to stuff the crap out of me with food, they always tell me this legendary kung fu master eat 5 bowls of rice and 5 bowls of serving(basically food that isn't carbs/rice) for every dinner, while I was only 7 my parents expected me to eat half of that, that's how my life was as a kid when eating at home with my family.   ac_unsure
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=392799 time=1606950407 user_id=3254
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=392797 time=1606950006 user_id=61
Quote from: Blazor post_id=392782 time=1606944240 user_id=2221
Quote from: Renee post_id=392712 time=1606921457 user_id=156
I always took and still take the same approach my mom did...Don't like what's for dinner, you don't eat...But don't let me catch you rummaging around later looking for food...As my mom always said "This house is not a diner" You eat what is served or you go hungry... Consequently you learned to eat what was served even if you weren't crazy about it and even if it was just a small taste.

Lots of times kids don't want to eat because they "think" they will not like it...Just ignore the bullshit because most of the time it's just noise. Most times they will eventually come around....Unless it's LIVER AND ONIONS  :beurk:   ...I firmly believe that a parent, or in my case, a grandparent should be publicly executed for serving that hellacious shit to their kids.

My mom tried to make me eat liver, bleh. I tried sneaking it into the trash, into the toilet, even under the fridge hahaha (oh she got mad about that one). But I was forced to sit at the table til it was done. After 4 hours of sitting there, eventually I could get down from the table, but it would be bedtime then. Fuck liver lol.

:MG_216:

You don't have your pet birds at the supper table do you Zetsu?

I wanted to, but my dad is highly phobic of dust and anything that comes from my birds.  I get the bird part, but honestly speaking dust isn't really that lethal, but then my dad used to work in machine shops and dust from machines are known to be harmful though he still carries this mindset when in the house and have to sweep and dust the entire ground floor every single day, lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=392800 time=1606950433 user_id=61
I didn't realized White kids had it that bad, for me my parents just had to stuff the crap out of me with food, they always tell me this legendary kung fu master eat 5 bowls of rice and 5 bowls of serving(basically food that isn't carbs/rice) for every dinner, while I was only 7 my parents expected me to eat half of that, that's how my life was as a kid when eating at home with my family.   ac_unsure

I don't think they think they had it that bad by the amusing stories they share.

Zetsu

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=392804 time=1606951200 user_id=3254

I don't think they think they had it that bad by the amusing stories they share.

But it's liver lol, definitely one of the worst food next to bull penis, lamb brains and hearts.  :yuk:

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=392805 time=1606951451 user_id=61

But it's liver lol, definitely one of the worst food next to bull penis, lamb brains and hearts.  :yuk:

I've never purchased liver.

Odinson

In here, the dinner is what it is and its all you are getting that day.

At least, it used to be like that.

Even the schools forbid you to leave the lunch area until you have eaten all of it.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=392807 time=1606952446 user_id=136
In here, the dinner is what it is and its all you are getting that day.

At least, it used to be like that.

Even the schools forbid you to leave the lunch area until you have eaten all of it.

I take into account my family's tastes, but I don't have a menu.....supper is what it is..

In Canada, most students bring their own lunch to school..

In Taiwan no child does, as all schools have cafeterias that serve a hot lunch.

Odinson

https://www.kuvaton.com/kuvei/kasvikset_ei_kiinnosta.gif">

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=392835 time=1606969281 user_id=136
https://www.kuvaton.com/kuvei/kasvikset_ei_kiinnosta.gif">

That's like DD....he doesn't like vegetarian meals either.

Renee

Of course it wasn't that bad...All us white kinds were born with privilege....You know that.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=392842 time=1606998238 user_id=156

Of course it wasn't that bad...All us white kinds were born with privilege....You know that.

:laugh:

Renee

Serving liver to childern should be considered a human rights violation.

My paternal Grandparents loved liver, crazy Irish bastards that they were...They served liver and onions like once a week which is pretty amazing to me given how expensive it is and how tight fisted my Grandmother was....My dad tells stories of he and his brothers and sisters trying to pass it off onto each other's plates when their parents weren't looking...There were 7 of them and from what I know it must have been like a covert food fight.... :laugh3:

There was a time in my life that I would eat almost anything put in front of me but I could never get that shit past my nose. Nowadays I don't eat red meat of any kind and haven't eaten it for almost 4 years now. Chicken and turkey is extremely limited as well...Don't really miss it either.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=392860 time=1607011168 user_id=156

My paternal Grandparents loved liver, crazy Irish bastards that they were...They served liver and onions like once a week which is pretty amazing to me given how expensive it is and how tight fisted my Grandmother was....My dad tells stories of he and his brothers and sisters trying to pass it off onto each other's plates when their parents weren't looking...There were 7 of them and from what I know it must have been like a covert food fight.... :laugh3:

There was a time in my life that I would eat almost anything put in front of me but I could never get that shit past my nose. Nowadays I don't eat red meat of any kind and haven't eaten it for almost 4 years now. Chicken and turkey is extremely limited as well...Don't really miss it either.

I assume no pork either Renee?

Renee

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=392864 time=1607012897 user_id=3254
Quote from: Renee post_id=392860 time=1607011168 user_id=156

I assume no pork either Renee?

No and unfortunately pork was one of my staple meats...It's used in Italian cuisine alot. I'll still use it in my sauce for the flavor it provides but not nearly as much as I used to. I don't make sauce as much as I used to either...I don't eat pasta, too many empty carbs...which is a point of contention in my family. My mom gets highly insulted when I decline dinner invites because I know she is going to be serving some kind of pasta dish.... ac_dunno

So now with this COVID shit, I live like a hermit and eat grass and tofu.... :laugh3:

Anonymous

We usually have meat six days a week even if it's in small amounts sprinled with vegetables, rice, or vermicelli.....mostly it's chicken or pork.