The best topic

Replies: 10409
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:23:53 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

New Years Plans

Started by Anonymous, December 31, 2013, 12:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I am going to cook a ham tomorrow night for my husband and parents. Then it's plenty of high quality imported Chinese tea and playing mah-jong. New Years day will most likely be spent taking down and putting away decorations until new year. How will you spend New Years?

Annie

Spending it at home with hubby and daughter (unless she goes to her friend's place) We're going to have snick snacks (as my hubby calls them) like smoked oysters, cheese, pickles, olives, crab stuffed portabello mushrooms, mmm I can't wait! Then at midnight we've got some of those paper horns to blow :-)
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Annie

I asked hubby if he wanted to go and see the polar bear swim or something. His response was "why would I want to go see a bunch of hungover hairy men running into freezing cold water?"  LoL
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Spending it at home with hubby and daughter (unless she goes to her friend's place) We're going to have snick snacks (as my hubby calls them) like smoked oysters, cheese, pickles, olives, crab stuffed portabello mushrooms, mmm I can't wait! Then at midnight we've got some of those paper horns to blow :-)

They sound so delicious Ms. Annie..

We will have some fruit, vermicelli noodles, potstickers, gouda cheese, crackers and cheese fondue with bread..

We rarely stay up until midnight, so Wednesday I will cook a ham with asparagus, mushrooms and baby white potatoes.

Annie

Mmm that sounds yummy, Fash! I love cheese fondues. I should really dig my fondue pot out and use it some time soon.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Mmm that sounds yummy, Fash! I love cheese fondues. I should really dig my fondue pot out and use it some time soon.

My children love fondue and my husband also likes it for a treat..

Cheese is not one of my favourite foods, but once in a while is nice though.

Annie

When our kids were young, all they wanted was chocolate fondue, but now they're adults they want the meat and cheese.  Ohh I should really buy another one for meat and veggies and have a mega fondue family dinner  :D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"When our kids were young, all they wanted was chocolate fondue, but now they're adults they want the meat and cheese.  Ohh I should really buy another one for meat and veggies and have a mega fondue family dinner  :D

Cheese fondue is a tradition we started for New Year's eve several years ago Ms. Annie..

There is already so much chocolate in our house already that we decided more again on New Years eve would be excessive..

They seem happy with it and of course my husband prefers it too..

I forgot to mention we will also have Korean style sushi or kimbap.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Annie"When our kids were young, all they wanted was chocolate fondue, but now they're adults they want the meat and cheese.  Ohh I should really buy another one for meat and veggies and have a mega fondue family dinner  :D

Cheese fondue is a tradition we started for New Year's eve several years ago Ms. Annie..

There is already so much chocolate in our house already that we decided more again on New Years eve would be excessive..

They seem happy with it and of course my husband prefers it too..

I forgot to mention we will also have Korean style sushi or kimbap.

I should have picked up some veg rolls at the Safeway deli. They are surprisingly good.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"I am going to cook a ham tomorrow night for my husband and parents. Then it's plenty of high quality imported Chinese tea and playing mah-jong. New Years day will most likely be spent taking down and putting away decorations until new year. How will you spend New Years?

Sounds dirty. :D

Odinson

Jussis old lady is at work. Gets off at 4pm and then we go to a restaurant. My brothers wifey comes along aswell.

That leaves 4 kids to my momma.. She loves taking care of kids. My niece calls me uncle "hooyaa" so Juha turned into almost like spanish sounding name. Anyhoo she will be busy chasing my womans cat.

I most likely order lamb. With some potatoes and sallad. The sauce remains to be seen. A beer with a lemon.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"I am going to cook a ham tomorrow night for my husband and parents. Then it's plenty of high quality imported Chinese tea and playing mah-jong. New Years day will most likely be spent taking down and putting away decorations until new year. How will you spend New Years?

i would like to learn how to play mah-jong.... :ugeek:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

i would like to learn how to play mah-jong.... :ugeek:

I know how to play mah-jong, but I don't play it very often..

I know one white Canadian that plays it very well and very often.

keeper

Im going for Drinks with Shen Li then were going bar hopping

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Im going for Drinks with Shen Li then were going bar hopping

What do you drink on New Year's Keeper? Champagne?