Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

the new left has become very cruel to the working class

Started by Anonymous, January 22, 2021, 09:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Harper's vision of Canada being an "energy superpower" have been killed because of political leaders who place virtue signalling about climate above our national interests and the welfare of Canadians. Incredible opportunities lost while at the same time Australia became the world's numero uno exporter of LNG.

This concludes my rant for the day.

Anonymous

Don't kid yourseldf. Australia has it's share of elitist progtards who hate blue collar workers.

https://scontent.fyxd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/140243246_3681609178541483_1305993554387616748_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=4s9RPrF_u6IAX_3FpXA&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.fna&oh=871b2635d68ca6da1daefe16873bd505&oe=6030AB87">

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=399075 time=1611468363 user_id=1689
Don't kid yourseldf. Australia has it's share of elitist progtards who hate blue collar workers.

That makes sense. They have a lot of white people and we all know whites fall for ideological extremist horseshit.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=399072 time=1611467488 user_id=56
Harper's vision of Canada being an "energy superpower" have been killed because of political leaders who place virtue signalling about climate above our national interests and the welfare of Canadians. Incredible opportunities lost while at the same time Australia became the world's numero uno exporter of LNG.

This concludes my rant for the day.

No, keep ranting. You are spot on.

Anonymous

All enemies of blue collar workers.

https://scontent.fyxd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/139990749_10157822991195869_5524873786387122057_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=v4pInXGYaWgAX_LZjj1&_nc_oc=AQl6eHz_eArjQtsBiiGB9gcw-lC8Y-52tQB5zZ7ErRBEDcLZRBwsmVilsZu_K0ZxlGc&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.fna&oh=0cf090688419372f6d06650852d51613&oe=60355BEC">

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=399159 time=1611524060 user_id=1689
All enemies of blue collar workers.

https://scontent.fyxd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/139990749_10157822991195869_5524873786387122057_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=v4pInXGYaWgAX_LZjj1&_nc_oc=AQl6eHz_eArjQtsBiiGB9gcw-lC8Y-52tQB5zZ7ErRBEDcLZRBwsmVilsZu_K0ZxlGc&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.fna&oh=0cf090688419372f6d06650852d51613&oe=60355BEC">

That's a good start.

Anonymous

It's not just Alberta and Saskatchewan that the new left has no conscience about stopping people from working.

Yukon premier upset at federal decision stalling mine development in the territory

WHITEHORSE - Yukon Premier Sandy Silver says a federal government decision to refer a proposed mining development back to a territorial assessment board sends a "troubling signal."

A statement from Silver's office says the referral creates "unreasonable and unnecessary uncertainty" for developer BMC Minerals.

The Kudz Ze Kayah project is a proposed open pit and underground zinc, silver, copper, gold and lead mine east of Whitehorse, and Silver says the territory's assessment board had already issued recommendations about it.

He says Yukon was prepared to accept the recommendations and proceed, but the federal referral derails any action.

The project has undergone four years of review since BMC Minerals took it over in January 2015.

Natural Resources Canada did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Silver says his government opposes the referral and believes the territory's assessment board was reasonable to allow work to proceed with added improvements and monitoring.

"The Government of Canada absolutely needs to take steps to streamline these processes going forward to ensure greater clarity and certainty for the mining industry," Silver says in the release issued Monday.

https://www.thestar.com/business/2021/01/25/yukon-premier-upset-at-federal-decision-stalling-mine-development-in-the-territory.html">https://www.thestar.com/business/2021/0 ... itory.html">https://www.thestar.com/business/2021/01/25/yukon-premier-upset-at-federal-decision-stalling-mine-development-in-the-territory.html

Anonymous

Anonymous

President Joe Biden's 60-day moratorium on new oil or natural gas leases and drilling permits on federal land is prompting widespread anxiety in New Mexico—one of the nation's top energy producers—as a broad coalition argues it forces the entire country to be more reliant on foreign energy, while also impeding environmental progress.

New Mexico business leaders, Republican figureheads, the oil industry, and workers in the state were quick to voice their opposition to the executive order, saying it would destroy the state's economy. Some told The Epoch Times the move would force workers to relocate to states such as Texas, while others worried the freeze would become permanent.

Half of New Mexico's oil and gas production is on federal land and amounts to hundreds of millions of dollars in royalties each year.

"It's going to force us to buy more oil from nations that support terrorism," Steve Pearce, chairman of the New Mexico Republican Party, told The Epoch Times. "And it's going to hurt New Mexico's economy, which has already been devastated by the governor's response to COVID."

Under Biden's actions, roughly 50,000 jobs could be lost in the state, with potential losses of $3.5 billion, as most of the state's core production comes from federal lands, said Pearce, who warned America would face "tremendous shortages."

Anonymous

Saskatchewan First Nation Chief Alvin Francis has a little advice for new US President Joe Biden – grandfather to grandfather.

"I would say 'President Biden, I do believe you made a bad decision putting Keystone on the backburner,'" said Francis, who leads a coalition of Canadian First Nations that entered into an equity agreement on the Keystone XL pipeline.

"I don't think he realizes how far behind we are as Indigenous people from an economic development perspective.

"This could change the outlook of all First Nations in Canada and the US."

Natural Law Energy, a group of five Alberta and Saskatchewan First Nations, entered into a $1 billion equity agreement for a 12 per cent stake of TC Energy's Keystone XL pipeline project last September.

Francis, the president of Natural Law Energy and Chief of the Nekaneet First Nation near Maple Creek, is also a father and a grandfather who sees the $8 billion project as an economic lifeline that will help pull First Nations out of poverty while staking out a brighter future for generations to come.

Anonymous

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) introduced two bills Thursday seeking to block the White House plan to pause leases for oil, gas or coal on federal lands, a key part of its expansive climate change platform.

Cheney, the No. 3 House Republican and the representative of a major fossil fuel-producing state, said the Safeguarding Oil and Gas Leasing and Permitting Act and the Safeguarding Coal Leasing Act would force the Biden administration to obtain a joint resolution of approval from Congress before implementing any federal moratorium on oil and gas leasing or permitting or coal leasing.

The bills are similar to one from Wyoming Sen. Cynthia Lummis (R), which is also likely to be formally introduced Thursday.

These are real people thaty Biden is firing.

Anonymous

Good for Gov. Abbot. Canadian provinces should sue Ottawa.

Texas Governor Orders Agencies to Sue Biden Administration for Climate Actions that 'Kill Jobs'

Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday vowed to oppose what he called the Biden administration's bid to destroy jobs with its volley of actions targeting the oil and gas industry.

Abbott signed an executive order during a press conference in Odessa on Thursday, which directed all state agencies to sue the Biden administration for any federal actions that threaten the Lone Star state's energy sector.

"Texas is going to protect the oil and gas industry from any type of hostile attack launched from Washington D.C.," Abbott said. "President Biden's embrace of the green new deal is a job killer in Texas. It also takes a wrecking ball to the energy independence that Texas has been able to provide to the United States of America and Texas is not going to stand idly by and watch the Biden administration kill jobs in Midland, in Odessa or any other place across the entire region," he added.

Abbott's order (pdf) came on the heels of a series of executive actions taken by President Joe Biden in the name of fighting "climate change." These include the decision to revoke authorization for the Keystone pipeline, the decision to rejoin the Paris Climate Accord, and a moratorium on issuing new oil and gas leases on federal land and waters.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/texas-governor-orders-agencies-to-sue-biden-administration-for-climate-actions-that-kill-jobs_3677062.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-01-29-1">https://www.theepochtimes.com/texas-gov ... 21-01-29-1">https://www.theepochtimes.com/texas-governor-orders-agencies-to-sue-biden-administration-for-climate-actions-that-kill-jobs_3677062.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-01-29-1

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=399917 time=1611933855 user_id=114
Good for Gov. Abbot. Canadian provinces should sue Ottawa.

Texas Governor Orders Agencies to Sue Biden Administration for Climate Actions that 'Kill Jobs'

Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday vowed to oppose what he called the Biden administration's bid to destroy jobs with its volley of actions targeting the oil and gas industry.

Abbott signed an executive order during a press conference in Odessa on Thursday, which directed all state agencies to sue the Biden administration for any federal actions that threaten the Lone Star state's energy sector.

"Texas is going to protect the oil and gas industry from any type of hostile attack launched from Washington D.C.," Abbott said. "President Biden's embrace of the green new deal is a job killer in Texas. It also takes a wrecking ball to the energy independence that Texas has been able to provide to the United States of America and Texas is not going to stand idly by and watch the Biden administration kill jobs in Midland, in Odessa or any other place across the entire region," he added.

Abbott's order (pdf) came on the heels of a series of executive actions taken by President Joe Biden in the name of fighting "climate change." These include the decision to revoke authorization for the Keystone pipeline, the decision to rejoin the Paris Climate Accord, and a moratorium on issuing new oil and gas leases on federal land and waters.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/texas-governor-orders-agencies-to-sue-biden-administration-for-climate-actions-that-kill-jobs_3677062.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-01-29-1">https://www.theepochtimes.com/texas-gov ... 21-01-29-1">https://www.theepochtimes.com/texas-governor-orders-agencies-to-sue-biden-administration-for-climate-actions-that-kill-jobs_3677062.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-01-29-1

I hope the governor is successful.

Anonymous

Keystone pipeline worker says Biden's decision based on politics: 'I went to my truck and literally cried' over layoffs

'It's going to hurt a lot of people, a lot of families, a lot of communities'

https://www.theblaze.com/news/keystone-pipeline-worker-job-loss-biden?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202021-01-30&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/keystone- ... Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/keystone-pipeline-worker-job-loss-biden?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202021-01-30&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM

The cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline was one of President Joe Biden's first actions in the White House. TC Energy Corporation, the Canadian company behind the Keystone XL pipeline project, said they would cut more than 11,000 jobs.

One of the Americans who lost their job due to President Biden's action is Neal Crabtree, a welding foreman who began working on pipeline construction as an apprentice in 1997. Crabtree, a member of Pipeliners Local Union 798, poured out his heart on how he reacted to finding out about the layoffs and how the cancellation of the pipeline will directly impact him.

"I build pipelines, I'm used to layoffs. We start projects knowing that once it's complete, we're getting laid off," Crabtree wrote in a Facebook post that has been shared 4,000 times. "We depend on these temporary projects though to make a career."

"What happened today was different," said Crabtree, who was working on a pump station for the Keystone XL pipeline in Nebraska. "I got laid off for political reasons and stupidity and the future doesn't look so bright."

"I've got a sickening feeling in my stomach tonight and an aching feeling in my heart that I've never felt," the 46-year-old welder from Arkansas revealed.

"At the end of every job, I always shake the hands of the people I hire and the people that are sent from our Unions out of work list before they're laid off," he explained. "We laugh and smile and are proud of a job well done."

"Today it wasn't like that, I laid guys off because the President doesn't want them to work," Crabtree divulged. "I went to my truck and literally cried."

Following the viral and heartwrenching Facebook post, the now unemployed Crabtree told his story during an appearance on Fox News.

"It's been a hot political fight, but we got started on it this year," he said of the pipeline. "As soon as the new administration came in on day one, they decided they wanted to put 11,000 people out of work."

"Well, I mean, the president was able to, you know, put us out of work by signing a piece of paper, but I'm the one that had to let these people in and tell them I didn't have a job anymore," Crabtree said during an interview on "The Faulkner Focus." "I'm the one who had to look these people in the eye and tell them they didn't have a job anymore, so if I got a little emotional, I think that's only human."

"We go all over the country and we depend on these projects to provide a living for our families," he said. "I don't know what I'm going to do right now. It's tough."

Last week, the Biden administration's Transportation Secretary nominee Pete Buttigieg told pipeline workers to find new jobs.

"We are very eager to see those workers continue to be employed in good-paying union jobs, even if they might be different ones," Buttigieg said.

Crabtree responded to politicians telling him to find a new job, "I don't consider this a job, I consider it a career."

"You spend a lifetime fine-tuning your skills and if you go start another job you're starting at the bottom," he articulated. "I doubt that these politicians would like it if someone told them to go start over and find a different job."

"Just like the rest of the country, COVID hurt us bad. We had a lot of projects canceled," Crabtree told Fox News. "We've got guys that haven't worked in months, and in some cases years, and to have a project of this magnitude canceled, it's going to hurt a lot of people, a lot of families, a lot of communities."

Crabtree believes that President Biden's decision to cancel the Keystone XL pipeline was based on politics, and not climate change.

"For the president to sit up there and tell the American public that he canceled this project because of climate reasons, it simply isn't true," Crabtree pointed out. "This oil is already coming into this country."

"This pipeline wasn't going to be the start of it," Crabtree noted. "It's coming by rail cars every single day. Hundreds, thousands of them."

"A pipeline can do this safer. Common sense tells you that," he continued. "Common sense said we don't need to put American workers out of a job right now."

"Common sense says this pipeline needs to be built," Crabtree said, then criticized the Biden administration, "Common sense seems to be lacking in the early days of this administration."

Crabtree seemingly made a veiled condemnation of President Biden and his son Hunter Biden, who has overseas business dealings with CEFC China Energy and Ukrainian gas company Burisma, which he was a board member of.

"It bothers me when they're overseas setting up family members to profit off the same thing they want to stop here in America. That''s definitely aggravating," he stated.

Crabtree ended the interview by saying, "I'm in the process of trying to live the American dream right now, I'm building a house – the bank may own it before I ever get a chance to live in it. So I'm definitely worried."

"I'm not giving up," Crabtree said. "We're going to keep fighting. I'm not giving up."

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-v76kM0gWo&feature=emb_logo">
... e=emb_logo">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-v76kM0gWo&feature=emb_logo[/media]

Anonymous

The Biden admnistration is as ruthless and heartless as Justin Trudeau.