The best topic

Replies: 10386
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:44 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Reggie Essent

mermaids the body found

Started by keeper, January 03, 2014, 11:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

keeper

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Thank you Romero.

I am always left to wonder why people feel the need to believe in this sort of cartoon silliness.

And why is it that people never think to look for mermen? I mean, it stands to reason that, if there are mermaids, there must also be mermen around. And what of merboys and mergirls? You never hear about those. They're like baby pigeons.

Cartoon Silliness? Ummm do you know that 95% of the ocean HAS NOT BEEN EXPLORED? So it only stands to reason that there are "things" we haven't seen yet. Saying its silly is just ignorant.

"The ocean is the lifeblood of Earth, covering more than 70 percent of the planet's surface, driving weather, regulating temperature, and ultimately supporting all living organisms. Throughout history, the ocean has been a vital source of sustenance, transport, commerce, growth, and inspiration."

Yet for all of our reliance on the ocean, 95 percent of this realm remains unexplored, unseen by human eyes.

Frost

Keeper I knew that was a fake when the guys came on with the faces they where giving, they can't act .

But I agree with your last comment, there is many things we haven't seen yet.

If I was an intelligent creature I would stay as far away from man as I could just after observation.

Many animals, most know better than to let people around them with a natural distrust.

Mermaids I think not, but something else, who knows.

Something interesting

">

Odinson

Like when the young brown girl tweeted that the world is now 2014 years old... Quaranteed assault by the internet horde.

Got herself tickets to snoop dogs concert by appointing him to be her vice president in the election of 2036 (was it?).

The girl has style. :D

Chickenfeets

Quote from: "Keeper"Cartoon Silliness? Ummm do you know that 95% of the ocean HAS NOT BEEN EXPLORED? So it only stands to reason that there are "things" we haven't seen yet. Saying its silly is just ignorant.

Keeper,

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree.

Even if 100% of the ocean had not been explored, reason and a modicum of scientific literacy would tell us that creatures that are half human and half fish are figments of the imagination. Evolution just doesn't work that way. How much of the ocean needs to be explored before this becomes obvious? And what of the air? I think it's safe to say that we've explored the atmosphere to a large extent and, yet, not a gryphon in sight.

These half-and-half chimeras are the stuff of myth, legend, fable, and the Discovery Channel.

Ignorance isn't where you think it is, Horatio.

Annie

I am always left to wonder why people feel the need to believe in this sort of cartoon silliness.

And why is it that people never think to look for mermen? I mean, it stands to reason that, if there are mermaids, there must also be mermen around. And what of merboys and mergirls? You never hear about those. They're like baby pigeons.

I've seen baby pidgeons, there were 3 of them up high under an overhang by a restaurant. My daughter and I were walking by when we heard a weird chirp above us. They had they're pin feathers just starting to grow in so they were kind of scruffy looking.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Odinson

I ran into a bears cub in the forest. I went all red alert because the bear momma is usually in close proximity. I had my rifle with me but bears are suprisingly fast when pissed off. I just weaseled myself out of there.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"

I've seen baby pidgeons, there were 3 of them up high under an overhang by a restaurant. My daughter and I were walking by when we heard a weird chirp above us. They had they're pin feathers just starting to grow in so they were kind of scruffy looking.

I found some abandoned baby hares two summers ago in the park by my house. Cutest little things I ever saw. Unlike rabbits they are born with fur and their eyes open. I didn't touch them though as I know the mommy hare was probably just out looking for some food for them. Fuck, they were cute.

Odinson

Never touch the wild animals offspring... Youll leave a scent. The mothers might abandon their offspring.

Most of the hare, wabbit babies die because they are too goddamn slow.

Vancouver

So scary. Some water creature that have arms and a human like head. History tells is one thing and legend tells us another.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"So scary. Some water creature that have arms and a human like head. History tells is one thing and legend tells us another.

I gather you are a believer VG?

Odinson

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"So scary. Some water creature that have arms and a human like head. History tells is one thing and legend tells us another.

They eat sailors.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Shen Li"

there could be sea creatures like these.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"

Ah whatever, I don't care or fault anyone for believing in half-man creatures. What's the diff in that and believing in some guy who was supposedly born of a virgin and the holy spirit?

Odinson

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"

Ah whatever, I don't care or fault anyone for believing in half-man creatures. What's the diff in that and believing in some guy who was supposedly born of a virgin and the holy spirit?

I just think she had sex with another dude.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"there could be sea creatures like these.

I just think she had sex with another dude.

Well duh of course she did. That Joseph must've been the biggest dumbass on the planet.