The best topic

Replies: 10385
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:06:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Fort McMurray

Started by Vancouver, January 04, 2014, 08:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Vancouver

I'll only want part time work. I hated working full time. I don't really want to leave my current job. It's the most friendly place to work. Many young girls. They are promoting me to be a crew trainer. Was employee of the month during the summer.
Time is malleable

Odinson

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I'll only want part time work. I hated working full time. I don't really want to leave my current job. It's the most friendly place to work. Many young girls. They are promoting me to be a crew trainer. I was employee of the month during the summer.

Yea, theres not much chicks in this profession.

Vancouver

Was working full time with this big electrical company. They would hire like 8 people at a time for hard labour work. Hundreds of boxes and materials. Lots of lifting and moving. I had trouble carrying my own tools. Many of the guys who I started with quit. Everybody on my team wanted to leave. I was the one who lasted the longest. As a skinny underweight 115ib guy with a bad back the heavy load was just too much. I have the body size of a teenage girl. Have to shop for clothes at the kids section. Anyways. I would like to work for a smaller company who only does work for houses and not massive towers where I just do cheap labour work. Some of the pipes were so heavy that I couldn't even lift. Others had no problem lifting them. It's not just simple wiring where you just use your hands. One of my coworkers wanted to get into a trades. She's super cute. I warned her. In construction she'll get sexually harassed. When I was working as an electrical apprentice people would talk inappropriate things about women every day. No place for pretty girl.
Time is malleable

Odinson

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Was working full time with this big electrical company. They would hire like 8 people at a time for hard labour work. Hundreds of boxes and materials. Lots of lifting and moving. I had trouble carrying my own tools. Many of the guys who I started with quit. Everybody on my team wanted to leave. I was the one who lasted the longest. As a skinny underweight 115ib guy with a bad back the heavy load was just too much. I have the body size of a teenage girl. Have to shop for clothes at the kids section. Anyways. I would like to work for a smaller company who only does work for houses and not massive towers where I just do cheap labour work. Some of the pipes were so heavy that I couldn't even lift. Others had no problem lifting them. It's not just simple wiring where you just use your hands. One of my coworkers wanted to get into a trades. She's super cute. I warned her. In construction she'll get sexually harassed. When I was working as an electrical apprentice people would talk inappropriate things about women every day. No place for pretty girl.

The girls can take it. Construction workers only talk to female coworkers in inuendos.  They would feel sad if they wouldnt get sexually harassed. :D Females like when a big barkened construction workers hand grabs their tushy.

You got the new guys job. We had the same, months of all day lifting over a 100kg IT-wire rolls on shelves. And pipe lifting.  

Then the new guys came after us and we educated them about how things are.

In constructing houses, youll still have to do alot of heavy lifting. At first anyway.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I'll only want part time work. I hated working full time. I don't really want to leave my current job. It's the most friendly place to work. Many young girls. They are promoting me to be a crew trainer. Was employee of the month during the summer.

Ah ffs VG, how old are you this year? I think you are about two years younger than me. I will be 30 in September and I think you will be 28 this year. Anyway, you are talking like a kid in high school. Don't you have any desire to have a REAL profession which would allow you to have a girlfriend your own age(not talking about the high school girls you work with) and your own place? In other words an independent man who can stand on his own two feet.

None of my business, but how long do you plan on extending adolescence? How long in p/t jobs for kids and living with mommy? Why are you so scared of growing up?

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Was working full time with this big electrical company. They would hire like 8 people at a time for hard labour work. Hundreds of boxes and materials. Lots of lifting and moving. I had trouble carrying my own tools. Many of the guys who I started with quit. Everybody on my team wanted to leave. I was the one who lasted the longest. As a skinny underweight 115ib guy with a bad back the heavy load was just too much. I have the body size of a teenage girl. Have to shop for clothes at the kids section. Anyways. I would like to work for a smaller company who only does work for houses and not massive towers where I just do cheap labour work. Some of the pipes were so heavy that I couldn't even lift. Others had no problem lifting them. It's not just simple wiring where you just use your hands. One of my coworkers wanted to get into a trades. She's super cute. I warned her. In construction she'll get sexually harassed. When I was working as an electrical apprentice people would talk inappropriate things about women every day. No place for pretty girl.

There are lots of women working in the trades in Alberta. The kind of work you described would not be typical at all here on large industrial projects. When working in a chemical plant for example you would not be carrying a load up the tower ladders. If some 50 year old woman can do it, I'm sure you can. I mean you can't possible be that delicate?

Why don't you ask Fash to ask her husband about opps in the industry. Even if you don't want to move, maybe he can knows of a camp job where you can do a hitch and decide if you want to get back into an adult's job or not.

Odinson

He is nowhere near 28years old... His mentality is that of a 17year old nerd boy. He lives at his parents house...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"He is nowhere near 28years old... His mentality is that of a 17year old nerd boy. He lives at his parents house...

No, you are wrong Odinson. I was born in 1984 and I remember him writing I believe on Frosty's forum that he was born in 1986. I have nothing against him personally, but he is incredibly immature for his age. Not entirely his fault though because his parents have enabled his Peter Pan mentality. If he wants to grow up and be a man, I am willing to offer as many leads as I can come up with. If he wants to keep sponging off his parents, working p/t at kids job and chasing little high school girls then he's his parents problem forever.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Odinson"He is nowhere near 28years old... His mentality is that of a 17year old nerd boy. He lives at his parents house...

No, you are wrong Odinson. I was born in 1984 and I remember him writing I believe on Frosty's forum that he was born in 1986. I have nothing against him personally, but he is incredibly immature for his age. Not entirely his fault though because his parents have enabled his Peter Pan mentality. If he wants to grow up and be a man, I am willing to offer as many leads as I can come up with. If he wants to keep sponging off his parents, working p/t at kids job and chasing little high school girls then he's his parents problem forever.

Incredibly immature!? What the hell... He is like a little kid.

And how can a male weight 115pounds?

Gotta be a troll.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

Incredibly immature!? What the hell... He is like a little kid.

And how can a male weight 115pounds?

Gotta be a troll.

No, he's neither a troll nor an asshole. He's practically a dwarf and his parents baby him. As I said not entirely his fault.

Odinson

A dwarf. Never seen one live. I bet he would be a chick magnet in nightclubs. Rare as fuck.  :D

Renee

My husband is a pipe fitter by trade and 4 and 6" sch 40 steel pipe is heavy stuff. He lifts it all the time like it is nothing but it wasn't always so. There is a right way and a wrong way to do it. It takes a while to get the hang of and as you do it you will become physically more able to handle it. So don't feel bad a lot of guys bigger than you struggle to lift stuff like that.

BTW, if you are 115lbs I kind of think heavy trade work may not be for you. Maybe a nice retail job might be more your speed?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Odinson

How much do you bench, Renee?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"My husband is a pipe fitter by trade and 4 and 6" sch 40 steel pipe is heavy stuff. He lifts it all the time like it is nothing but it wasn't always so. There is a right way and a wrong way to do it. It takes a while to get the hang of and as you do it you will become physically more able to handle it. So don't feel bad a lot of guys bigger than you struggle to lift stuff like that.

BTW, if you are 115lbs I kind of think heavy trade work may not be for you. Maybe a nice retail job might be more your speed?

Renee, I agree there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. Like you said it takes a while to get the hang of things. VG is giving up too damned easily because "it's hard". Don't encourage him to quit please. He needs to be a man and drop the whole Peter Pan syndrome. We have 120lb women working as insulators, pipe-fitters, boilermakers, electricians, hd wrenches, instrumentation mechanics, millwrights and machinists. He is quite capable of doing the work if he applies himself. He finds living at home at the age of 28, working p/t at Mickey D's and chasing girls in high school easier than growing up and being a man. His parents and others seem to condone such parasitical behaviour simply because he is "teenie weenie". No excuse in the Iron Chink's books.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"My husband is a pipe fitter by trade and 4 and 6" sch 40 steel pipe is heavy stuff. He lifts it all the time like it is nothing but it wasn't always so. There is a right way and a wrong way to do it. It takes a while to get the hang of and as you do it you will become physically more able to handle it. So don't feel bad a lot of guys bigger than you struggle to lift stuff like that.

Renee, I agree there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. Like you said it takes a while to get the hang of things. VG is giving up too damned easily because "it's hard". Don't encourage him to quit please. He needs to be a man and drop the whole Peter Pan syndrome. We have 120lb women working as insulators, pipe-fitters, boilermakers, electricians, hd wrenches, instrumentation mechanics, millwrights and machinists. He is quite capable of doing the work if he applies himself. He finds living at home at the age of 28, working p/t at Mickey D's and chasing girls in high school easier than growing up and being a man. His parents and others seem to condone such parasitical behaviour simply because he is "teenie weenie". No excuse in the Iron Chink's books.

Shen Li, you are being very cruel to TheVancouverGuy..

He is a very nice boy and I am always happy to have him here and read his posts..

Ridiculing him is not a good way to encourage him..

Besides, what he does or where he lives is none of your business..

Be nice, be supportive and try to offer advice without being so judgemental.