Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Is Gwen, Kaylee Or Real Woman?

Started by Anonymous, January 23, 2014, 01:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"

Unless you can point to some kind of metric that explains how public worker unions are good for the economy all you did was blow off a whole bunch of bad gas.

BTW, for the most part it's not the wages public workers receive or the people themselves that are a problem. It's the cost of benefit packages and unfunded pension plans (as Shen mentioned) that are the problem.

Unionized public sector employees like Fash will sink your daughters and my son. We can't afford their pensions. It's as simple as that.

Can't afford them until the markets swing up.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I finished it Horn.  It had a distinct racist tone and was one of the most poorly written books I have read in my life.  If Gary doesn't recognize that, well he's the fool and doesn't need any assistance in pointing that out.

I never understood why Gary Oak cared if anyone read that book?

:?

RW

I'm sorry I'm slacking on the union debates folks.  I'm not feeling well enough today to slog through literature to counter your points more than superficially.  :?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Real Woman"I finished it Horn.  It had a distinct racist tone and was one of the most poorly written books I have read in my life.  If Gary doesn't recognize that, well he's the fool and doesn't need any assistance in pointing that out.

I never understood why Gary Oak cared if anyone read that book?

:?

I promised him I would if he read Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath - a truly "epic" novel.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I'm sorry I'm slacking on the union debates folks.  I'm not feeling well enough today to slog through literature to counter your points more than superficially.  :?

I am sorry you are feeling under the weather Ms. Real Woman..

I think everyone has contributed some good points to this discussion.

Anonymous

Canadians have known for a long time that the public sector pension scheme is unfair to taxpayers and small business owners, but it is also becoming clear that many public plans are structurally unbalanced and in need of immediate reform. Based on evidence that is available from Statistics Canada, Public Accounts and other sources, the unfunded shortfall for public pension plans across the country likely exceeds $300 billion. That works out to $9,000 from every man, woman and child in Canada.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Good morning everyone and only one more working day left in this month..

It is very cold now in Calgary and it looks like it will stay for quite some time..

For those of you who live in Vancouver, you are very fortunate.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"Canadians have known for a long time that the public sector pension scheme is unfair to taxpayers and small business owners, but it is also becoming clear that many public plans are structurally unbalanced and in need of immediate reform. Based on evidence that is available from Statistics Canada, Public Accounts and other sources, the unfunded shortfall for public pension plans across the country likely exceeds $300 billion. That works out to $9,000 from every man, woman and child in Canada.

hey SL.....my info says closer to 600 billion.....equal to the national debt....however i think my stats includes provincial liabilities as well......totally unsustainable and will eventually bankrupt the country if it is not dealt with..... :ugeek:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Canadians have known for a long time that the public sector pension scheme is unfair to taxpayers and small business owners, but it is also becoming clear that many public plans are structurally unbalanced and in need of immediate reform. Based on evidence that is available from Statistics Canada, Public Accounts and other sources, the unfunded shortfall for public pension plans across the country likely exceeds $300 billion. That works out to $9,000 from every man, woman and child in Canada.

hey SL.....my info says closer to 600 billion.....equal to the national debt....however i think my stats includes provincial liabilities as well......totally unsustainable and will eventually bankrupt the country if it is not dealt with..... :ugeek:

Good morning Mr. Obvious Li..

:)

That is a lot of money, either figure.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"Public workers definitely give back more than they receive. They're paid a decent wage for the services they provide. Expecting a cost of living increase like everyone else isn't demanding too much.

They do important work, not stuff that anyone can do. They don't deserve less just because they work for government. With a decent wage, public workers only add to the economy. They consume goods, buy property and educate their children.

as a wise man once said.....the public service should be shrunk to the size that the remainder could be drowned in a bath tub........true dat.... :ugeek:

Before you turn on the taps to drown me in, I would stay in my job even if it was contracted out.

lol Fash........don't worry......i'll get you a private sector union job before the water gets to high.....it will mean you may have to work a little harder though......c'mon be a part of the solution not the problem......... :mrgreen:

Anonymous

as a wise man once said.....the public service should be shrunk to the size that the remainder could be drowned in a bath tub........true dat.... :ugeek:

Before you turn on the taps to drown me in, I would stay in my job even if it was contracted out.

lol Fash........don't worry......i'll get you a private sector union job before the water gets to high.....it will mean you may have to work a little harder though......c'mon be a part of the solution not the problem......... :mrgreen:

Ha, thank you for the offer Mr. Obvious Li, I appreciate it..

I have considered getting another job in the past, but not now..

I am very happy where I am..

Have a lovely day Mr. Obvious Li and I hope you continue to feel better.

Obvious Li

Good morning Mr. Obvious Li..

:)

That is a lot of money, either figure.

Hey Fash...top of the morning to you as well....yes it is a staggering number......apparently people like RW are completely unconcerned that it is growing exponentially.....are you doing anything special for new years or just going to work... :geek:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Real Woman"Oh believe it woman!

The trouble is, what people call "unions" are a collective of working people who pay taxes.  It also works out that the more money people make, the more income tax they pay (as a general rule) and the more money they spend (which also means they pay more in taxes) which has economic drive.

There needs to be a shift in attitude when it comes to people making decent money or having decent money.  There also needs to be some follow through in thought when it comes to the alternatives.  What does it cost tax payers to have people who don't make much or enough money?

This is union speak for "I'm just like you now hand over your wallet."

We are not talking about private unions we are talking about public worker unions which are funded almost entirely by tax payers. They are a detriment to economic growth because compared to what they take from taxpayers they give very little back in return in overall economic benefit. Ever wonder why some states in the US like Kalifornia and NJ have such high property taxes? Well it's because of the fact that public worker unions are funded entirely thru property tax revenue. In some states retirees can't even stay in their homes because of the tax burden public worker unions such as the teacher's union place on the taxpayer.  Their constant demand for more and more money is given in to with pleasure by the government bargaining agents because it becomes the local and state governments excuse to extort more tax money from the private citizen on a yearly basis. This also benefits the pro union government because meeting the unions contract demands to the letter means that the union will thank them by contributing huge sums of money (which they extort from their membership) to pro-union candidates for reelection. This only benefits the unions and politicians and leaves the taxpayer fucked. This why FDR and George Meany wanted nothing to do with public worker unions. See unlike union bigwigs and todays government leftwing leeches they had a conscience and understood that a public union was a monster that once created would become almost impossible to be rid of and the financial damage they would do would be all at the expense of the tax paying private citizen.

San Jose, California's third-largest city, Stockton, San Bernadino and Vallejo, a much smaller town, and reports that both are facing huge budget problems thanks to the huge cost of public-sector wages and pensions. Such lavish, unsustainable pensions are eating up an increasing percentage of expenditures while these same communities are forced to slash emergency services to pay for them or face bankruptcy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Link?

Canadian Federation of Independent Business.

Quotehey SL.....my info says closer to 600 billion.....equal to the national debt....however i think my stats includes provincial liabilities as well......totally unsustainable and will eventually bankrupt the country if it is not dealt with

Yep!