Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Is Gwen, Kaylee Or Real Woman?

Started by Anonymous, January 23, 2014, 01:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: "Real Woman"I was specific - retired poor.  Think seniors and the elderly with next to nothing for post retirement benefits.  

I don't know how the hell you righties can ignore reality and chalk everything that happens that results in poverty is just bad personal choices.  You saw this while wanting to slash wages and have people be working poor.  It makes no bloody sense to me.

Experience...

A good man/woman can always find work... Alot of times the open jobs are hidden and you just have to go "door to door" so to speak.

There are opportunities to make money everywhere.

My brother was a armwrestling champion in the northern area and he taught me techniques which came in handy in Asia when I squeezed money of western tourists.

I snowboard so I taught surfing.

I work as a bouncer, safari guide, security in concerts, snowboarding teacher and an engineer.

The first 4 is "if the price is right" kinda things. :D

Some people are quitters. If you lose your job then find another... If you cant find one here then widen your search.. The norwegians are hiring new oil-rig workers and crew for fishing-trawlers.

Some people are so goddamn helpless that their death would be a service to the community.

RW

Great.  You believe everyone can find a job but don't believe they should be paid a livable wage. :/
Beware of Gaslighters!

Odinson

Quote from: "Real Woman"Great.  You believe everyone can find a job but don't believe they should be paid a livable wage. :/

I do not think that workers whom work in a burger joint deserve more than 3bucks/hour... Monkeys can do it and it aint even hard work.

I know guys whom have an education and work in a hostile environment and get only 14e/hour. They are 1000 times better than some burger slinger.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"I was specific - retired poor.  Think seniors and the elderly with next to nothing for post retirement benefits.  

I don't know how the hell you righties can ignore reality and chalk everything that happens that results in poverty is just bad personal choices.  You saw this while wanting to slash wages and have people be working poor.  It makes no bloody sense to me.

well if they reached seniorhood and are broke then they made some piss poor choices or they are/were lazy.....in any case CPP OAS and OAS supplement works out to more than $1500 per month for singles and almost double for couples....there is also subsidized housing for seniors in every major center in canada.....as low as $400/month for an apartment..........pretty fucking generous i say

if more is required then the family is there too help.....since when did the families responsibilities for looking after their elderly become my fucking problem....

it is about time we got back to the concept of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.........

.remember the biggest reason people are poor is government fees, taxes and regulations.....people could live on $10/hour if the govt. would fuck off outta their lives....stop blaming business

Obvious Li

AND YES.........YOU ARE A TOASTER...... :ugeek:

RW

Quote from: "Obvious Li"well if they reached seniorhood and are broke then they made some piss poor choices or they are/were lazy.....in any case CPP OAS and OAS supplement works out to more than $1500 per month for singles and almost double for couples....there is also subsidized housing for seniors in every major center in canada.....as low as $400/month for an apartment..........pretty fucking generous i say

if more is required then the family is there too help.....since when did the families responsibilities for looking after their elderly become my fucking problem....

.remember the biggest reason people are poor is government fees, taxes and regulations.....people could live on $10/hour if the govt. would fuck off outta their lives....stop blaming business

Okay, can you try answering my question applying actual reality please?  

So you bitch about pensions - ones that employees have contributed their own money to - but are fine with people living off of our money in the form of CPP, OAS and housing subsidies?  That makes sense.

People die waiting to get into subsidized housing.  They have long wait lists, as does subsidized care facilities.

Okay, so let's talk personal responsibility - a bunch of PERSONS get together, unionize and negotiate PENSION PLANS which they contribute to so they don't live in poverty when they are old.  Sounds pretty damn RESPONSIBLE to me.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"well if they reached seniorhood and are broke then they made some piss poor choices or they are/were lazy.....in any case CPP OAS and OAS supplement works out to more than $1500 per month for singles and almost double for couples....there is also subsidized housing for seniors in every major center in canada.....as low as $400/month for an apartment..........pretty fucking generous i say

Okay, can you try answering my question applying actual reality please?  

So you bitch about pensions - ones that employees have contributed their own money to - but are fine with people living off of our money in the form of CPP, OAS and housing subsidies?  That makes sense.

People die waiting to get into subsidized housing.  They have long wait lists, as does subsidized care facilities.

Okay, so let's talk personal responsibility - a bunch of PERSONS get together, unionize and negotiate PENSION PLANS which they contribute to so they don't live in poverty when they are old.  Sounds pretty damn RESPONSIBLE to me.

you asked i answered....as usual your comprehension skills leave a little to be desired....we did the pension thing already.....recall SY's parable about the two vultures and the bunny.......seniors get a shitload of free goodies in this country....family needs to step up and accept their responsibility.....not the government

i don't bitch about pensions that are reasonable...in fact i have stated that pensions should be mandatory for everyone.....i merely press the case for fairness and common sense....you know the non-progressive way of looking at the world............

RW

While touting a completely misunderstanding of pension short falls and deficits haha.  Let's start applying some of that common sense on your end Munday.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"While touting a completely misunderstanding of pension short falls and deficits haha.  Let's start applying some of that common sense on your end Munday.

lol...i accept your complete surrender on the subject......i leave you with this helpful hint.....Macdonalds senior coffee and muffin = .80 cents......one free refill......tell the old

folks to take advantage..... :mrgreen:

RW

You can't accept what isn't given.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Odinson

Quote from: "Real Woman"You can't accept what isn't given.

Him who hesitates, masturbates...

Anonymous

In all this talk about pensions, one thing I know is that people must save for their own retirement.....defined benefit pension or not.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"In all this talk about pensions, one thing I know is that people must save for their own retirement.....defined benefit pension or not.

Yea but people usually think they are forever young when they are young...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"In all this talk about pensions, one thing I know is that people must save for their own retirement.....defined benefit pension or not.

Lack of preparation for tomorrow you mean.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"

Lack of preparation for tomorrow you mean.

Yea. I have an income other than my job. It should generate sufficient amount of money in my retirement... That is if my life doesnt drastically change before I retire.

I bet it will because I have thoughts of really letting the dogs out big time... Kinda like a last crusade before I die. :D