Started by Bricktop, April 08, 2021, 10:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetsu

Quote from: Blazor post_id=408648 time=1618682883 user_id=2221
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=408647 time=1618682034 user_id=61
Quote from: Blazor post_id=408641 time=1618678973 user_id=2221
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=408639 time=1618674972 user_id=61
Quote from: Blazor post_id=408634 time=1618673957 user_id=2221

You think they dont, I recall you saying that. "Oh you're not trained! You cant do it!". Well there are a lot of people who are trained.

"If there aint no guns, it wont happen!"

Seems church would be a good nice widdle safe space right? NOPE! These fucks go after those they deem defenseless.

Which brings me to my example, of a gun being used that Zetsu says we shouldnt have, in a safe space (church), when a guy with an overcoat comes in with a rifle under his coat, ready to take everybody in the congregation out. This old guy, was quick and effective, in taking out the perpetrator saving many lives.

Blazor doesnt forget these kinds of things.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.breitbart.com%2Fmedia%2F2019%2F12%2Fj34Flke-640x480.png&f=1&nofb=1">

I have to admit you do have a better point than Dinkhead here.  

Blaze, I'm know you already know letting civilians own firearms has always been a 2 edge sword, but if you were a person in power, which type of new policies you'd introduce to help prevent more gun related homicide in the future for the US?  You don't have to really answer if you don't feel like it, just wanted to hear more opinions.

Hmmmm, this is an interesting question, as I've never had it asked of me.

I, my friend, am a Libertarian. Therefore, I believe in Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness, as well as our Constitutional rights.

The part about "right to bear arms, shall not be infringed" implies to many things. For we have the right to defend ourselves, from foreign AND Domestic enemies, including the right to stand up to tyranny.

We all know murdering someone is illegal. Swift justice should be done to those that do so. Not what a lot of states are doing now like opposing the death penalty, and giving them short sentences. For those kind of people will do it again.

We all know that harming or killing someone can involve many TOOLS, aside from a gun. Someone who wants to kill someone, will do so with their bare hands if they want to.

We all know that criminals, can get guns very easily. They can even 3D print them. I bet you prolly didnt know of an event last year, where Chinese shipping containers meant for Antifa were intercepted at the dock. Criminals will get guns, or whatever tools they want, and the more a law abiding citizen is restricted, the worse it will be for law abiding citizens to defend themselves.

We know felons cant get guns..... not legally. So they resort to buying them from a friend, or stealing them. My son just had one stolen out of his locked truck last weekend that was in his glove box.

So I feel we need to focus on preventing criminals from doing these things. Like harsher penalties on those that commit those crimes, with illegal guns being an even greater punishment. Death penalty for those that kill.

I feel putting more unneeded restrictions on law abiding gun owners, is the last thing we need.

And for those who would like to own a gun, should pass a safety course first. I did as a kid, so did my son.

My son was lucky to have me in his life and show him proper safety, and respect for others.

A lot of the criminals coming up today come from single family homes. They are hell on wheels, with no proper parental guidance, or raised by shitty parents. I would like to see more Reach Out Programs, kinda like Big Brother Big Sister. Give these kids some kind of role model.

When people realize its certain people, not the guns, then we can address what those people need. It starts when they are kids. It starts at home. FAMILY needs to come back.

You do have a number of good points there Blaze, especially about how criminals can 3D print or even possible to smuggle firearms from other countries like China or Mexico.  But considering you're my brother and a dear friend and I'm Chinese(an old Chinese proverb goes by, I forgot the exact phrase but iirc it's something about "people should never lie/suck up to each other just b/c they're friends, lol") I'd like to share my 2 cents worth.

It's true criminals can still figure out a way to get access to guns, whether it's constructing one or smuggling them, but as long as the government makes it a lot harder for them to gain access or drastically cut off their main source, I believe they'll most likely give up except for the most professional ones, considering we haven't heard about 3D printed guns used in Canada, or maybe I wasn't keeping myself updated, lol.  From what my brother in correction service witness most of the time, he notice a lot of the inmates inside their prison can be amazingly creative in order to get what they want, but the one thing they all had in common is they're only forced to work hard and are quite lazy.

I know this sounds weird and not sure does it work, but I've always been thinking, aside from registering firearms, can the US government slowly make gun manufacturers reduce their production of firearms every year.  And start a program for all legal gun owners to join cadet or become a volunteer or part time police officer.  Part time police officer I don't mean as in the front line of duty, but just going through police training and like become a extra pair of eyes for the police, take down a suspect with a gun when it's safe to do so and learning how to manage or prevent the legal guns from being ended up in the black market or stolen.  I'm not sure is this possible or will the government have enough funds to do this, but I think it's worth a try.

Any way of making it harder on law abiding citizens, is a no go for me, sorry lol. I wish you knew the ways of the world here, its not civil as most think.

Im glad to see you too being creative in a way to make a good gunsmith out of someone. I still say it starts with family, and a safety course at least. But you prolly dont recall me saying I was a junior police cadet at one point too lol. Unfortunately, it no longer exists, because of safety concerns and minors I guess. I thought it was a great program. I even hosted a night, where I taught martial arts to the cadets and officers  ac_cool

I do understand your point and know it'll be super hard to get everyone to join the volunteer in the program, though I was wondering is it possible to only introduce and apply the program to the current students or youngest generation, lol brainwash and convince them the program is mandatory, while the older folks can keep their guns.  

I know it seems far-fetched, but I believe in basic training, management, registration and indexing of firearms can help prevent criminals from getting their hands on the guns of legal owners.  Though my biggest concern is this needs to be applied to every state in order to be effective, and will definitely ruin the relationship between the government and the MIC and other gun businesses.  ac_unsure
Permanently off his rocker

Frood

:001_rolleyes:

Hundreds of millions of firearms in the US, most unregistered, and Zetsu the quail fucker wants more pointless regulations that would only serve to punish the law abiding and place them in even more defenceless situations.....because of his "feelz" and worship of authority...
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=408581 time=1618630194 user_id=88
https://babylonbee.com/news/7-great-home-defense-options-for-when-guns-are-banned">Guns are on their way out. And thank goodness! We can't wait to return to the utopian paradise we lost when guns were invented by Bob Gun back in 1804.

Still, once in a great while, you might need to defend yourself against a ne'er-do-well. When those ruffians come kicking your door down, you need to be ready. Here are seven great ways to defend your home against an armed burglar when your guns have all been confiscated:

Brought to you by https://media.babylonbee.com/img/articles/article-8424-art6078b45574c33.jpg">

1. Call your local social worker - Get on the phone and call up a state therapist to help you two work out your differences. They'll be there in 30 minutes or less!

2. Have your kids leave all their LEGOs out - A surefire defense strategy, though sometimes it backfires and you accidentally step on them yourself and PICK UP YOUR GOSH DARN TOYS, CALVIN!

3. Make sure to hang a gun-free zone sign in your window - It's a little-known fact that burglars must stop and not shoot you if you inform them your home is a gun-free zone.

4. Turn the thermostat up to 80 so it will be uncomfortably hot for burglars - After a few hours looting your stuff they will need to take a break and go outside to cool down and you can lock them out.

5. Bust out the Nerf guns - One of those crazy cool ones with the drum magazines your rich friends had growing up will surely intimidate the intruder.

6. Rig up a complex Rube Goldberg booby trap that incapacitates the criminals in hilarious ways - Hear us out on this one: they step on a panel that activates a wire that pulls down a bucket of water that goes down a funnel and pushes a bowling ball which swings down and hits them on the head causing permanent brain damage. Funny AND effective!

7. Ask them to hug it out - When all else fails just be the bigger man and ask the criminal to hug it out with you. Bring it in, man.

Another vacuous deflection based on no reason or rational whatsoever. The converse of this idiocy is that in order to protect yourself from people who covet your 65" flatscreen that is probably covered by insurance you need a gun.

OK...let's follow that logic. American gun ownership is around 120.5 guns per 100 people. Australia is 14 per 100. https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/gun-ownership-by-country">https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... by-country">https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/gun-ownership-by-country

So, if guns prevent crime, the crime rate in the US should be 9 times less than Australia. Do the maths yourself.

But let's look at the facts; The crime rate in the US is calculated at 47.7 (based on crimes per 100,000 citizens). Australia is 41. More than 10% LOWER. Please explain this apparent discrpancy in your argument. (We both know you won't because you can't).

So for all the crowing about how great guns are, your crime rate is HIGHER than a country with gun controls.

Here's another statistic for you to ponder.

Mass killings in the US in 2021 - 147 (and we're only in April!!!)

Mass killings in Australia in 2021 - 0.

So, will one of you gun freaks please address the facts that form the basis of my position and that of the President of the USA - that America's addiction to guns is an international embarrassment and a blight on the self proclaimed "World's Greatet Democracy".

Nah...all we'll get is memes and quotes from stand up comics.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

As I thought...a vacant response from the peanut gallery.

Frood

You don't think...
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=408677 time=1618712581 user_id=1676

Hundreds of millions of firearms in the US, most unregistered, and Zetsu the quail fucker wants more pointless regulations that would only serve to punish the law abiding and place them in even more defenceless situations.....because of his "feelz" and worship of authority...

While Freud the Fearless wants MORE guns. Because of his cowardice and paranoia.

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=408683 time=1618716385 user_id=1560

While Freud the Fearless wants MORE guns. Because of his cowardice and paranoia.

I want equality. You are the ex cop who only wants government officials and soldiers armed. That is YOUR cowardice and paranoia.  ac_toofunny
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

I don't care even if it's hundreds of millions of firearms, most criminals don't maintain or care for their guns nor are there much underground gun smith that can aid them.  It might take a decade or 2, but if they can drastically reduce the number of once legal firearms ending up in the black market every year, I believe it can help curb homicide rates involving guns in the US.  The only problem is the politicians are in bed with you know who.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=408686 time=1618717171 user_id=1676
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=408683 time=1618716385 user_id=1560

I want equality. You are the ex cop who only wants government officials and soldiers armed. That is YOUR cowardice and paranoia.  ac_toofunny

:crazy:

Frood

Ok, avian hotel maid...
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=408687 time=1618718010 user_id=61

I don't care even if it's hundreds of millions of firearms, most criminals don't maintain or care for their guns nor are there much underground gun smith that can aid them.  It might take a decade or 2, but if they can drastically reduce the number of once legal firearms ending up in the black market every year, I believe it can help curb homicide rates involving guns in the US.  The only problem is the politicians are in bed with you know who.

You have no idea. It's not uncommon for a household to possess 10-50 firearms of new and vintage makes and models. Stuff their elders got passed down and things from Sears, Kmart, Walmart, Cabelas the local rag, neighbours, friends, coworkers over the years since. Then there are what they call ghost guns which are just legal kits where upper and lower receivers are sold separately in an inoperable state until you follow the directions and tabs to make them operable once assembled.

People love their guns and take care of them....criminals included.

Few would surrender them in a buyback and there would be bloodbaths if authorities forced entry into homes to search for them.

Just be quiet and bath your birds...
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=408690 time=1618719206 user_id=1676

You have no idea. It's not uncommon for a household to possess 10-50 firearms of new and vintage makes and models. Stuff their elders got passed down and things from Sears, Kmart, Walmart, Cabelas the local rag, neighbours, friends, coworkers over the years since. Then there are what they call ghost guns which are just legal kits where upper and lower receivers are sold separately in an inoperable state until you follow the directions and tabs to make them operable once assembled.

Few would surrender them in a buyback and there would be bloodbaths if authorities forced entry into homes to search for them.

Dude I'm not talking about legal gun owners, but the fact is most criminals are known to lack the discipline when it comes to maintaining guns, a lot just disassemble it and throw it away to prevent the police from using it as evidence after they committed a crime.

Frood

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=408691 time=1618719699 user_id=61

Dude I'm not talking about legal gun owners, but the fact is most criminals are known to lack the discipline when it comes to maintaining guns, a lot just disassemble it and throw it away to prevent the police from using it as evidence after they committed a crime.

What planet are you from? Seriously?
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=408692 time=1618719806 user_id=1676
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=408691 time=1618719699 user_id=61

What planet are you from? Seriously?

Believe what ever you want...