The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Liberals, Bloc, NDP Change Calendar - Make Every Year 1984

Started by cc, May 31, 2021, 04:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

https://www.conservativereview.com/breaking-liberals-bloc-ndp-vote-down-conservative-amendment-to-protect-user-content-from-bill-c-10-2653185123.html">Liberals, Bloc, NDP Vote Down Conservative Amendment To Protect User Content From Bill C-10

All members of the Liberal Party, the New Democrats, and the Bloc Quebecois voted against a Conservative amendment to Bill C-10 that would have created clearer stipulations that would count user-generated content as an exception from Bill C-19's sweeping powers.

The bill has already been condemned by former chairs of the CRTC such as Peter Menzies, who has called the bill an assault on Canadians' freedoms.

Additionally, an expansive list of respected tech critics was released last week, calling on the Trudeau Liberals to "stop harming the Internet, and the freedoms and aspirations of every individual in this country, and our knowledge economy through overreaching regulatory policies that will have significant, yet unintended consequences for the free and open Internet in Canada."

The bill has already been condemned by former chairs of the CRTC such as Peter Menzies, who has called the bill an assault on Canadians' freedoms.

Additionally, an expansive list of respected tech critics was released last week, calling on the Trudeau Liberals to "stop harming the Internet, and the freedoms and aspirations of every individual in this country, and our knowledge economy through overreaching regulatory policies that will have significant, yet unintended consequences for the free and open Internet in Canada."
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=412330 time=1622493599 user_id=88
https://www.conservativereview.com/breaking-liberals-bloc-ndp-vote-down-conservative-amendment-to-protect-user-content-from-bill-c-10-2653185123.html">Liberals, Bloc, NDP Vote Down Conservative Amendment To Protect User Content From Bill C-10

All members of the Liberal Party, the New Democrats, and the Bloc Quebecois voted against a Conservative amendment to Bill C-10 that would have created clearer stipulations that would count user-generated content as an exception from Bill C-19's sweeping powers.

They put up a good fight, but prog money and power always wins.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=412334 time=1622494949 user_id=3254
I haven't read the details of Bill C-10.

The main takeaway is that it gives Ottawa the power to decide what you can see and post online.

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=412338 time=1622498924 user_id=2015
The main takeaway is that it gives Ottawa the power to decide what you can see and post online.

Exactly

The fact that they will not put in "no censoring of free speech" says it all for me .. hence title

What platform providers have been doing for a long time will escalate into TOTAL censoring of all thought they don't like .. . and with Big Brothers blessing & protection  .. i.e. to the benefit of said Govt / Big Brother as it has been for a long time

when in a free world it's the public who should be protected by Govt in the exercise of free speech
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=412350 time=1622505600 user_id=88
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=412338 time=1622498924 user_id=2015

Exactly

The fact that they will not put in "no censoring of free speech" says it all for me .. hence title

What platform providers have been doing for a long time will escalate into TOTAL censoring of all thought they don't like .. . and with Big Brothers blessing & protection  .. i.e. to the benefit of said Govt / Big Brother as it has been for a long time

when in a free world it's the public who should be protected by Govt in the exercise of free speech

I knew this was coming, especially with a government that slaps on everybody that disagrees with their failed politices.