Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Jack Layton Favoured Income Splitting

Started by Anonymous, February 04, 2014, 01:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I hear ya Fash.  It would go a long way in my household as well.

They already pissed us suburban working moms off with their child care reform.  What a crock of shit that was.  Why the hell would you send $100 per kid to people who don't even utilize childcare or who make a ton of money as is?  Why not just burn bills right on the Parliament lawn?

We don't need it either Ms. Real Woman.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I hear ya Fash.  It would go a long way in my household as well.

They already pissed us suburban working moms off with their child care reform.  What a crock of shit that was.  Why the hell would you send $100 per kid to people who don't even utilize childcare or who make a ton of money as is?  Why not just burn bills right on the Parliament lawn?

Universality eh? Not a big fan of it either, but it has been kind of a religion here for well over 4 decades.

RW

Universality has it's place but blanket mailing a pittance in terms of child care to every household with a wee one in it is down right stupid.  Someone should seriously slap Harper upside the head for that one.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Universality has it's place but blanket mailing a pittance in terms of child care to every household with a wee one in it is down right stupid.  Someone should seriously slap Harper upside the head for that one.

It seemed like the most affordable option at the time compared to what the other two bozos were promising if memory serves me correctly. Anyway, I have never been a big fan of the first five years of Harper's government when he was in minority. Big stimulus and growing civil service. Liking a lot better what I am seeing lately though.

RW

Martin was on the cusp of universal child care at an awesome rate.  Harper scrapped it for this $100 shit that did nothing to help working parents as he claimed and put money in the pocket of people who didn't need it for child care if they were stay at home parents (which most are in the first year).  As a woman I found it offensive.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Martin was on the cusp of universal child care at an awesome rate.  Harper scrapped it for this $100 shit that did nothing to help working parents as he claimed and put money in the pocket of people who didn't need it for child care if they were stay at home parents (which most are in the first year).  As a woman I found it offensive.

I can't remember now what the other two parties were offering as an alternative in the last two elections. That wouldn't really influence my vote one way or the other.