The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

I doubt the effectiveness of vaccines-convince me otherwise without stupid memes and videos

Started by Anonymous, October 12, 2021, 12:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=423852 time=1634361801 user_id=1560
Whilst I am vaccinated, and support people taking care of their health...what is the excuse to GET vaccinated?

Take a look at some of what Fash and CC have posted.

Frood

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=423842 time=1634353841 user_id=2015
Quote from: Herman post_id=423824 time=1634342940 user_id=1689
I see we are getting down to the nitty gritty here. Anti vaxxers aint actually opposed to what's in COVID vaccines. They are opposed to the governments, corrupt bureaucracies and big companies behind them. I would be too if I was an American.

That's no excuse not to get vaccinated.

Excuses not required.

My body my choice is the supreme law of the land. If you don't like it, you can go fuck yourself.  :thumbup:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=423858 time=1634371670 user_id=1676
I see we are getting down to the nitty gritty here. Anti vaxxers aint actually opposed to what's in COVID vaccines. They are opposed to the governments, corrupt bureaucracies and big companies behind them. I would be too if I was an American.

Excuses not required.

My body my choice is the supreme law of the land. If you don't like it, you can go fuck yourself.  :thumbup:

That is probably the best argument put forward yet not to get vaccinated.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=423866 time=1634395445 user_id=3254
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=423858 time=1634371670 user_id=1676

Excuses not required.

That is probably the best argument put forward yet not to get vaccinated.

There's recovered from infection. Like the seasonal flu vaccine, a lot of people still catch what it's supposed to protect against.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=423872 time=1634398615 user_id=114
There's recovered from infection. Like the seasonal flu vaccine, a lot of people still catch what it's supposed to protect against.
First Flu vaccine was never billed as "supposed to" protect 100%

For decades, Flu vaccine was advertised as  50% "prevention" at best - but for those infected symptoms are much reduced was the main reason people used it

Dunno why anti vaxxers attempt  & get away with pointing out "some" vaxxed get infected as an argument

Well guess what!!! Virus vax is considerably  higher protection than flu one (albeit not 100% + GREATLY reduces symptoms if infected)

So how is that an argument at all? ...  Like DUH!!!
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=423876 time=1634399615 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=423872 time=1634398615 user_id=114
True. Dunno why anti vaxxers attempt  & get away with pointing out "some" vaxxed get infected as an argument

For decades, Flu vaccine was advertised as  50% "prevention" at best - but for those infected symptoms are much reduced was the main selling point

Well guess what!!! Virus vax is considerably  higher protection than flu one (albeit not 100% + GREATLY reduces symptoms if infected)

Like DUH!!!

The treatment value of vaccines cannot be denied. The data that you and Fash have posted proves that.

cc

That's a given now that data has had time to give people  a  view at both it's prevention and  symptom reduction values.

The comparison (for prevention & for severity reduction between vaxxed and not vaxed , especially when presented as a % of population or as 1 / 100,000 people number are dramatic  

So their argument that it's not 100% prevention falls flat on it's ass .. especially as the flu one in use for years has always been a bonus yet does somewhat poorer at prevention

You see, not only are reduction values high, but numbers of infections are also many times more for unvaxxed  getting infected .

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=423878 time=1634400123 user_id=88
That's a given now that data has had time to give people  a  view at both it's prevention and  symptom reduction values.

The comparison (for prevention & for severity reduction between vaxxed and not vaxed , especially when presented as a % of population or as 1 / 100,000 people number are dramatic  

So their argument that it's not 100% prevention falls flat on it's ass .. especially as the flu one in use for years has always been a bonus yet does somewhat poorer at prevention

The vaccines work very well against getting COVID among people under fifty..

It still helps that way with senior citizens and immunocompromised, but it's the way that it protects against serious symptoms that makes them lifesavers.

cc

Cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 27-Oct. 3)    

Not vaccinated: 297.3

Partially vaccinated: 90.1

Fully vaccinated: 35.1

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0060-001918">https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0060-001918

It's "prevention" value is very high as seen above

BC govt is always answerable  to the people - I can't speak for Virginia or swamp states as I don't know their ethics levels

Damn!! Can't find a gaudy grainy meme to prove it in a manner acceptable to some   :sad:

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=423880 time=1634401617 user_id=88
Cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 27-Oct. 3)    

Not vaccinated: 297.3

Partially vaccinated: 90.1

Fully vaccinated: 35.1

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0060-001918">https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0060-001918

It's "prevention" value is very high as seen above

BC govt is always answerable  to the people - I can't speak for Virginia or swamp states as I don't know their ethics levels

That includes all age groups of course..

I read in Alberta that the risk of catching COVID increase with age and health factors......which is why we have boosters for people in those demographics.

cc

That is true . . Age and condition affect protection to some degree ... also, maybe not as much as it appears taking into account that the time older people last had a shot is much longer ago than for younger people

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=423884 time=1634403145 user_id=88
That is true . . Age and condition affect protection to some degree ... also, maybe not as much as it appears taking into account that the time older people last had a shot is much longer ago than for younger people

That's a good point cc.

cc

Yes, that skews the numbers maybe a lot

We won't really know for a cpl more months after boosters give us the true comparison

BTW - I'm really peed off at BC - they were slow to start Care Home, promised a start 2 weeks ago & are still not getting their butts in gear to any extent

Strange after the successful flying start and great  success in January

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=423913 time=1634414862 user_id=88
Yes, that skews the numbers maybe a lot

We won't really know for a cpl more months after boosters give us the true comparison

BTW - I'm really peed off at BC - they were slow to start Care Home, promised a start 2 weeks ago & are still not getting their butts in gear to any extent

Strange after the successful flying start and great  success in January

Every province has been slow with boosters.

cc

There is no excuse for their tardiness .. older people vaxxed long ago need it

I'm starting to get uptight about taking our family friend from  care home out for lunch   .. a major treat for her about 3 times / week

Damn them

That said, listening to  our in house Ex Spirts .. she will prolly fall down dead  within seconds of her 3rd shot