The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

I doubt the effectiveness of vaccines-convince me otherwise without stupid memes and videos

Started by Anonymous, October 12, 2021, 12:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=423877 time=1634399876 user_id=114

The treatment value of vaccines cannot be denied. The data that you and Fash have posted proves that.

But the point of the anti-vaxxers is not that the efficacy of the treatment is effective or not, but that they should not be compelled to be vaccinated.

As a member of the high risk category, I make my choice to be safe.

As a 40 something with minimal risk, I would be less enthusiastic about having a drug forced upon me.

In my view, the government's zeal in injecting every citizen with these chemicals has little to do with concern for the welfare of its citizens and everything to do with preventing a surge of demand for its health services. A demand it cannot, in all likelihood, fulfil.

The "vaccine" does not eliminate the virus, nor stop its transmission. It mitigates symptoms. And only in the most vulnerable. The symptoms are hardly noticed in people outside of the high risk group.

Once again, a government policy that is poorly explained and badly implemented is smashing into a fragile society already splintered by social upheaval.

The cumulative effect of governments forcing unwanted and unnecessary impositions on society is adding to a pressure that cannot be sustained.

The constant berating by governments of the way we live our lives (we use too much fossil fuel, we don't treat people fairly, we spread disease, we destroy the planet) is applying stresses that will have serious consequences sooner rather than later.

To those who want the jab, get the jab.

To those who don't, abstain.

Just shut up arguing with those who don't conform to your beliefs.

cc

It get your overall points & agrees

That said, No one here I have seen I know is telling others to vax

As to
QuoteThe "vaccine" does not eliminate the virus, nor stop its transmission. It mitigates symptoms
is not well put. it leaves the impression that it does not affect "infection possibilities"

Right, "it does not eliminate the virus"  but that evades  the most important point

Every in depth report indicates about 8 X the possibility of being infected for the unvacced as shown by many per 1000,000 people stats (same for UK, France etc etc)

In fact, I'm getting tired of posting regular comparisons of per 1000,000 people stats from several of our provinces & countries that clearly demonstrate the rate as approx. 8 / 1 different odds

That's pretty good odds improvement

In fact, all show far more unvaxxed infected weekly than vaxxed - while that many more are from only about 18% of the total population. Not sure what could be more convincing that it greatly decreases infection itself ... let alone even  greater mitigates symptoms by a considerably wider margin

Seems everyone  admits symptom decrease and skirts around the consistent proofs that infection itself is decreased consistently by at least 8/1

BC Health Dept. - cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 27-Oct. 3)    

Not vaccinated: 297.3

Fully vaccinated: 35.1  

8.5 / 1 ... similar week before, similar week after , similar ...................................................

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0060-001918">https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0060-001918
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

I don't dispute your position...although I would comment that the number of infections will inevitably decrease when vaccinated people are NOT AWARE they have the virus. This is speculation, I admit, but it concerns me greatly that this vaccine conceals the fact that you may be an unwitting carrier.

We are clearly not out of the woods by a long way.

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=423949 time=1634434376 user_id=1560
I don't dispute your position...although I would comment that the number of infections will inevitably decrease when vaccinated people are NOT AWARE they have the virus. This is speculation, I admit, but it concerns me greatly that this vaccine conceals the fact that you may be an unwitting carrier.

Good point. Prolly many such slip through .. unknowing spreaders

Further, many who figure they have mild case don't get tested  I would guess

Agree. We absolutely are not out of the woods by a long way.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

True and truer.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=423934 time=1634424096 user_id=1560

The treatment value of vaccines cannot be denied. The data that you and Fash have posted proves that.

But the point of the anti-vaxxers is not that the efficacy of the treatment is effective or not, but that they should not be compelled to be vaccinated.

As a 40 something with minimal risk, I would be less enthusiastic about having a drug forced upon me.

In my view, the government's zeal in injecting every citizen with these chemicals has little to do with concern for the welfare of its citizens and everything to do with preventing a surge of demand for its health services. A demand it cannot, in all likelihood, fulfil.

The "vaccine" does not eliminate the virus, nor stop its transmission. It mitigates symptoms. And only in the most vulnerable. The symptoms are hardly noticed in people outside of the high risk group.

Once again, a government policy that is poorly explained and badly implemented is smashing into a fragile society already splintered by social upheaval.

The cumulative effect of governments forcing unwanted and unnecessary impositions on society is adding to a pressure that cannot be sustained.

The constant berating by governments of the way we live our lives (we use too much fossil fuel, we don't treat people fairly, we spread disease, we destroy the planet) is applying stresses that will have serious consequences sooner rather than later.

Vaccine mandates are a separate issue. SB says they are not legal in Canada. My employer is treading carefully on this.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=424002 time=1634493101 user_id=56

Vaccine mandates are a separate issue. SB says they are not legal in Canada. My employer is treading carefully on this.

Canadian companies(including municipal, provincial, and federal civil services)  that terminate employees are in violation of Section 7 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Vaccine mandates in Canada are merely suggestions.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=424007 time=1634494513 user_id=114
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=424002 time=1634493101 user_id=56

Canadian companies(including municipal, provincial, and federal civil services)  that terminate employees are in violation of Section 7 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Vaccine mandates in Canada are merely suggestions.

ac_umm

Bricktop

Our PM has succumbed to public pressure and declared that compulsory vaccinations is not the Government's policy.

All employers who were imposing this unlawful demand on their staff will now have to pull their heads in. Idiots.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=424025 time=1634506722 user_id=1560
Our PM has succumbed to public pressure and declared that compulsory vaccinations is not the Government's policy.

All employers who were imposing this unlawful demand on their staff will now have to pull their heads in. Idiots.

We have a vaccine mandate where I work......we have less than four weeks to get fully vaccinated..

I don't know how if there will be dismissals for non compliance.

Anonymous

I am 100 percent in favour of vaccine mandates. Employers have a duty to provide safe workplaces.

Blazor

I say FUCK the employers!!!! They dont have medical degrees, and there is no law that gives them the right to force jack shit.

"Studies show" that if employees walk out in mass, employers say "oh Im sorry, please come back". FACT!!!!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=424034 time=1634507765 user_id=2015
I am 100 percent in favour of vaccine mandates. Employers have a duty to provide safe workplaces.

So, we have an intersection between employer's duty of care and employees right to decide what chemicals are injected into their body.

In my view, if the employer makes the vaccine available to all staff and some reject the injection, the employer has discharged its responsibility and is indemnified from legal action. Being injected is not the same is being compelled to wear a hard hat and hi-vis vest. They have no potentially problematic side effects.

Of greater concern is that if we allow employers to dictate THIS vaccine, the precedent is set to demand other vaccinations or impositions on the person of their staff. Flu. Chicken Pox. Rubella.

Employers are NOT qualified to demand medication of their staff.

Anonymous

To my knowledge, major Canadian employers aren't threatening employees with dismissal if they don't comply with so -called vaccine mandates.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=424084 time=1634515089 user_id=56
To my knowledge, major Canadian employers aren't threatening employees with dismissal if they don't comply with so -called vaccine mandates.

I'll do a search.