The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

I doubt the effectiveness of vaccines-convince me otherwise without stupid memes and videos

Started by Anonymous, October 12, 2021, 12:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Not meaning to throw wrenches, but transportation of goods much less people would be subject to each state's (or provinces) rules

Even if all was okeedokee happy happy, any state (or provinces) could instantly change the game for its neighbors  .. "sorry mate, no entry" .. or "guess what entry will now cost ya"  :sneaky2:

Just hypothesizing  potential pitfalls
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Whilst I'm ambivalent to the issue as there are compelling arguments for and against, an interesting model is the European Union. Travel within Europe was relatively straightforward before the EU, other than in and out of Soviet bloc countries. Travel with the EU is now guaranteed between signatory nations...but then look at the consequences, specifically Brexit.

Sovereign nations or states can quite easily manage access and entry, exactly as they do now. But that is the thin edge of the wedge. Here in the dry expanse of Australia, a crucial issue is water. Despite our massive land size, access to fresh water can be problematic, and our State in particular is dependent on upstream States (BOTH of them) maintaining water flow. Damning the Murray River to reduce or eliminate water flow to South Australia has frequently been raised by politicians in New South Wales and less so Victoria.

The sentiment here is that we'd be better off abolishing States and living under a single government. But as usual, the Constitution (written in the 19th century) is a roadblock, because to achieve that we'd need a referendum which would effectively require States to abolish themselves (to pass, a referendum must receive more than 70% "for" votes AND a majority of States).

Australia is disastrously over governed. Even Freud and I would agree on that.

deadskinmask

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=425019 time=1635206134 user_id=1560What are the chances that State (it is a State, isn't it?) and others will walk away from the disunited States?

truthfully, i dunno the chances.... i know in my general area the overwhelming consensus is a resounding 'YES, GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THESE LUNATICS'.... the problem is that alot of america seem to believe that this is just about 'vaccines and mandates' but its so much more than that.... i'm not even sure that secession wouldn't bring just as many problems.... like cc pointed out, theres many a slip between the cup and the lip.... i know that my country is in absolute turmoil and i know that we won't survive three more years of this utter garbage and nonsensical policy.... i know little else apart from that though....

Anonymous

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=424982 time=1635173247 user_id=1582
vaxxed or unvaxxed, its imperative that we all remember - our fight is not with each other. our fight is against despotism, communism, big tech and big pharma.... thats the hand that shakes the jar....

precisely

Bricktop

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=425027 time=1635255889 user_id=1582

truthfully, i dunno the chances.... i know in my general area the overwhelming consensus is a resounding 'YES, GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THESE LUNATICS'.... the problem is that alot of america seem to believe that this is just about 'vaccines and mandates' but its so much more than that.... i'm not even sure that secession wouldn't bring just as many problems.... like cc pointed out, theres many a slip between the cup and the lip.... i know that my country is in absolute turmoil and i know that we won't survive three more years of this utter garbage and nonsensical policy.... i know little else apart from that though....

History may repeat.

What are the possibilities that a bloc of States will break away?

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=425059 time=1635283758 user_id=1560

History may repeat.

About the same that Western Canada will secede. In other words zero chance. I'm not opposed to secession, but Ottawa and Washington are less willing to part with land and taxes than Beijing is to just let Xinjaing go.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=425064 time=1635285259 user_id=56

History may repeat.

About the same that Western Canada will secede. In other words zero chance. I'm not opposed to secession, but Ottawa and Washington are less willing to part with land and taxes than Beijing is to just let Xinjaing go.

There really isn't an organized separatist movement in Alberta..

I believe Alaska has an independence movement, but I don't know about other states.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=424949 time=1635124554 user_id=1560
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=424946 time=1635122696 user_id=1676

Just keep it away from the old geezer... it blocks him up and he's already full of shit.

And this, folks, is the sum total of the consequence of exceeding Freud's patience.

ac_boring

This is a pleasant surprise. Hello Bricktop. ac_hithere

Bricktop

Frood

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=425071 time=1635286183 user_id=3254
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=425064 time=1635285259 user_id=56

History may repeat.

There really isn't an organized separatist movement in Alberta..

I believe Alaska has an independence movement, but I don't know about other states.

Eastern Washington State counties want to join Idaho... Texas wants to totally leave the Union.... Western Maryland counties and others want to join West Virginia, New Hampshire wants everyone to eat their arse with a spoon...

Even border areas of Canada want to sign up with the USA.
Blahhhhhh...

cc

While I'd love to see our entire West an entity of it's own, even at one time "possibly" join US  .. but not now what with the prog crazy the US has become

You need learn something.  "want to's" don't go anywhere, no more than farts in  windstorms

So far, there's nothing with any meat on the bone in N America

I guess you are just waiting to address the OP  .. teasing us before the kill shot  :wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=425102 time=1635350370 user_id=88
While I'd love to see our entire West an entity of it's own, even at one time "possibly" join US  .. but not now what with the prog crazy the US has become

You need learn something.  "want to's" don't go anywhere, no more than farts in  windstorms

I guess you are just waiting to address the OP  .. teasing us before the kill shot  :wink:

With the exception of Quebec, that is true.

cc

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=425110 time=1635352669 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=425102 time=1635350370 user_id=88

With the exception of Quebec, that is true.

Quebec aint serious. Their separatist movement is all about extorting money from the rest of Canada.