News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

The Tartan Dragon Has 30,000 Views Already !

Started by Gary Oak, February 11, 2014, 09:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Pardon my French here Fash but Gary's own hand reluctantly fucks him, nevermind an actual woman.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Pardon my French here Fash but Gary's own hand reluctantly fucks him, nevermind an actual woman.

Very understandable Ms. Real Woman.

:)

Odinson

Shelters for the homeless are now at "full capacity" so some very very very tolerant greenie woman has started a FB-page to get people with room to give the homeless a place to stay..

This is so that they wont freeze to death.

1st of all, in Finland it is truly an achievement to end up homeless so these persons must be truly the bottom of the barrell.

2nd of all, I have seen these shelters... Have they ever heard about a thing called "a bunk"? They can be layered on top of each other... Atleast 3-layers... You can fit more people in the shelters if you stack them up.

3rdly why doesnt the church and oh his holiness the pastor help? Surely you can fit in hundreds of people into those great big halls.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Shelters for the homeless are now at "full capacity" so some very very very tolerant greenie woman has started a FB-page to get people with room to give the homeless a place to stay..

This is so that they wont freeze to death.

1st of all, in Finland it is truly an achievement to end up homeless so these persons must be truly the bottom of the barrell.

2nd of all, I have seen these shelters... Have they ever heard about a thing called "a bunk"? They can be layered on top of each other... Atleast 3-layers... You can fit more people in the shelters if you stack them up.

3rdly why doesnt the church and oh his holiness the pastor help? Surely you can fit in hundreds of people into those great big halls.

Odi, what does this have to do with that book Gary Oak is always talking about?

Odinson

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I didnt want to make a thread. :D

I see

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Pardon my French here Fash but Gary's own hand reluctantly fucks him, nevermind an actual woman.

That's how I see that idiot too. :lol:

Romero

QuoteTARTAN DRAGON

By John McLean

AS 1997 APPROACHES, IT seems as though more and more ink is being spilled on "historical sagas" about Hong Kong. Tartan Dragon is exceptional only in its tendency to offend at almost every turn of the page. From the opening pages, this overblown saga of three generations of Scots is utterly devoid of anything but stock phrases and racial cliches such as "John Chinaman" and "slant-eyed little beast." A straight, unembellished history of Hong Kong would be more informative and more entertaining. This book appears to be modeled on James Clavell's Noble House, but even for those who enjoy such sagas, this one will seem tedious, flatly written and insulting.

http://www-cgi.cnn.com/ASIANOW/asiaweek/96/0301/feat5.html">//http://www-cgi.cnn.com/ASIANOW/asiaweek/96/0301/feat5.html

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Romero"
QuoteTARTAN DRAGON

By John McLean

AS 1997 APPROACHES, IT seems as though more and more ink is being spilled on "historical sagas" about Hong Kong. Tartan Dragon is exceptional only in its tendency to offend at almost every turn of the page. From the opening pages, this overblown saga of three generations of Scots is utterly devoid of anything but stock phrases and racial cliches such as "John Chinaman" and "slant-eyed little beast." A straight, unembellished history of Hong Kong would be more informative and more entertaining. This book appears to be modeled on James Clavell's Noble House, but even for those who enjoy such sagas, this one will seem tedious, flatly written and insulting.

http://www-cgi.cnn.com/ASIANOW/asiaweek/96/0301/feat5.html">//http://www-cgi.cnn.com/ASIANOW/asiaweek/96/0301/feat5.html

It's an epic book Romero. You should buy a copy while you still can. Once word gets out about this illustrious novel no brick and mortar or online bookstore will have enough supplies to meet demand.

Romero

QuoteAmazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,227,865 in Books

http://www.amazon.com/Tartan-Dragon-John-Maclean/dp/1872970036">//http://www.amazon.com/Tartan-Dragon-John-Maclean/dp/1872970036

I'll get to your "epic book" as soon as I finish the 8,000,000 others!

RW

That review forgot to mention the hundred plus instances of the word "c00lie" or the writers need to emphasize the fact that the Chinese would eat any animal they could get their hands on - birds, dogs, horses.   The characters were flatter than the paper they were written on.  The over use of the semi-colon was distracting.  I wasn't kidding when I said my then 8 year old wrote a story about a Christmas corn dog that was better written and more entertaining.

The only thing more pathetic than this piece of literary flatulence is Gary's crusade spanning over 3 years to pimp it as some great work of fiction.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Gary Oak"The Tartan Dragon thread about the epic illustrious historical novel by John Mclean already has over 30,000 views already ! :D  Most second hand copies have already been bought but there is hope that readers here too can get a copy for themselves. Ghost and Real Woman read it and learned  alot about Hong Kong's fascinating history and culture at the same time. :D

Fuck off with that shit.  Its a stupid book for crying out loud.  Get a life...a hobby...find a job and forget about a book that no one cares about.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Gary Oak"The Tartan Dragon thread about the epic illustrious historical novel by John Mclean already has over 30,000 views already ! :D  Most second hand copies have already been bought but there is hope that readers here too can get a copy for themselves. Ghost and Real Woman read it and learned  alot about Hong Kong's fascinating history and culture at the same time. :D

Fuck off with that shit.  Its a stupid book for crying out loud.  Get a life...a hobby...find a job and forget about a book that no one cares about.

Ms. Berry Sweet, so nice to see you..

:)

Anonymous

Oh Jeez, tell me about it. Nobody cares and nor should Oak waste so much time promoting it. Some obscure novel has taken over his bloody life.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Oh Jeez, tell me about it. Nobody cares and nor should Oak waste so much time promoting it. Some obscure novel has taken over his bloody life.

Gary Oak should at least read a new book.