Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Windows 11

Started by kiebers, October 18, 2021, 02:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiebers

New computer wants to update 10 to 11. Anyone running it? Experiences, good and bad?
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

cc

Apparently it eliminates the taskbar & uses other methods is about all I've heard .. pallets I guess

Can't say that is a turn-on for me
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Oliver Clotheshoffe

All my computers run Linux. That bastard Gates isn't getting a dime from me.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Odinson

All my computers run Windows.

But that bastard Gates aint getting a dime from me.  :laugh3:

cc

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=424177 time=1634583981 user_id=3349
All my computers run Linux. That bastard Gates isn't getting a dime from me.

He isn't from me either, although I like and run windows

I bought grand opening special for Win 8 for very tiny price .... got free updated to 8.1 .. then free 10 keep up to date

I'm not letting my disgust for gates stop me from what I like

All that said, had to as Civil Engineering clients all use AutoCAD on Windows & they were our money base .. and I taught them over  phone with

exactly what they were using  in front of me so i could instruct them exactly (they are extreme pros all use win to run heavy duty Civil AutoCAD  on BTW)

A Win Win   :wink:  .. About 40 bucks outlay and many many years of extremely successful heavy duty operation   ac_biggrin .. and gates got little from me

Also, for non those who are non techies, it's so easy and breakproof to run

Anonymous

Quote from: kiebers post_id=424168 time=1634581306 user_id=193
New computer wants to update 10 to 11. Anyone running it? Experiences, good and bad?

I haven't heard any opinions about it.

cc

By options, do you mean they will ultimately force it on us?

They pretty much did that with 10, but it was the strongest OS ever for heavy duty applications

Bricktop

I'm using Windows 15.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-wpgT05waBE0/TYxoe8_FTzI/AAAAAAAAApA/rIHvfjrFEvo/s1600/apple+logo+wallpapers+by+coolimages+%25283%2529.jpg">

cc

Can't use it  ... It isn't gutsy enough to run high end Engineering apps with authority

Sorry to burst bubble, bit it's quite limited in the husky apps areas .. at least for the few who tried to make theirs work on it .. most of the biggies gave up

Have never encountered an Engineering firm that uses it for Civil and other demanding husky programs

It's OK for media & drawing (pretty fair in fact as that is what it was designed for)  and also OK for light to medium dicking around I suppose

Bricktop

My bubble is fine, and a little more robust than being popped by the perennial "Mac vs PC" debate.

Apple processing power is equivalent to PC based systems. Being "gutsy" isn't the issue. It's software developers having to develop their software for 2 disparate systems. It is simply uneconomical because Windows based PC's are cheaper, and Windows is a better enterprise system. Apple wouldn't even consider that marketplace. It's simply not designed for that. It has become a digital ecosystem that includes a range of products all designed to work seamlessly. Windows has never followed that path because it is an operating system, and is not geared towards various hardware types.

They are simply on different paths. If kiebers is running a high end engineering app, I guess Windows makes sense. If a domestic user, Apple is a far better option. I worked in IT, and used both extensively.

cc

Anyone one know much about 11?

cc

From searching, seems it's mostly about security & a cpl of newer hardware's are needed  ... without them it may not install or support if one slides an installation through

The key is newer chip and another physical device that started being added about 5 years ago

My trusty Asus is a blazer (we bought for the future at the time) so I do not need speed & anything faster would cost many 1,000s today ... so I think I'll sit on my older speedball & 10 .

realgrimm

Lots of glitches that require work arounds

realgrimm

cc

Good vid

Seems he does a lot of stuff. Duck Duck fans need to listen to him on how NOT to use it and how TO use it .. vital

If you don't know how to use it correctly, you  are kidding yourself on privacy

">