The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Alec Baldwin Accidentally Shoots and Kills Crew Member on Movie Set

Started by Oliver Clotheshoffe, October 21, 2021, 11:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gaon

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=424795 time=1635045108 user_id=1560
I can foresee manslaughter charges, given this occurred in the US.

But don't these movie sets have armourers and firearms safety officers?

More worrisome...how the hell did a loaded firearm get on the set? Someone either deliberately, or by an effort of negligence hard to believe put a live round in a real gun on a movie set??? How in the hell does a real firearm get on set?

Utter madness. Although I find it difficult to blame the user of the firearm, who should have some faith in the firearms safety system on set. Can't blame the puppet.

I don't know how this could have happened.
The Russian Rock It

Odinson

Its America... Of course they have live rounds on a movie set.

Maybe they wanted to skip the practical effects/CGI and used live ammo for shooting through a wall or something.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=424812 time=1635081162 user_id=136

Maybe they wanted to skip the practical effects/CGI and used live ammo for shooting through a wall or something.

Maybe Alec Baldwin is a hypocritical leftist and wanted to save money by putting employees lives at risk.

Odinson

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=424972 time=1635167988 user_id=114

Maybe Alec Baldwin is a hypocritical leftist and wanted to save money by putting employees lives at risk.

Yes and maybe the production company is responsible for the "accidents" happening on the set.

The workplace safety supervisor, armorer and the director are also responsible.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=425004 time=1635195136 user_id=136

Yes and maybe the production company is responsible for the "accidents" happening on the set.

True, but who hired them.

cc

I recall seeing that some crew walked off because of safety infractions  .. and were quickly replaced by locals

Still, what kind of person points a gun at a technical crew member off camera .. or at anyone at any time for that matter
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=425042 time=1635269750 user_id=88
I recall seeing that some crew walked off because of safety infractions  .. and were quickly replaced by locals

Still, what kind of person points a gun at a technical crew member off camera .. or at anyone at any time for that matter

The first exposes Baldwin's hypocrisy. The second is a criminal act.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=425045 time=1635270352 user_id=114
Quote from: cc post_id=425042 time=1635269750 user_id=88

The first exposes Baldwin's hypocrisy. The second is a criminal act.

Exactly

This just keeps getting worse as each layer of the onion get's pealed off

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/gun-killed-halyna-hutchins-leisure-shooting-morning-accident">Gun that killed Halyna Hutchins used for leisure shooting by crew the morning of the accident: report

Now, according to a report from TheWrap, unnamed crew members have stated that the firearm handled by Gutierrez Reed, Halls and Baldwin was used earlier that same day to go "plinking," a hobby in which people shoot at beer cans with live ammunition for fun.

Regardless of whether or not the firearms were improperly in proximity or loaded with live rounds, experts say there are systems in place to ensure prop guns are inspected before they enter an active set. As a result, Gutierrez Reed, Halls and Baldwin could be subject to a myriad of criminal and / or legal ramifications.

Odinson

The armorer.

Who wouldnt hire this person to handle all the guns.

She radiates hardcore professionalism.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1451863147401338882">https://twitter.com/i/status/1451863147401338882

Odinson

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=425040 time=1635269255 user_id=114
Quote from: Odinson post_id=425004 time=1635195136 user_id=136

True, but who hired them.

They are all responsible and the production company has to pay some mighty fines.

The safety supervisor and the armorer are more directly responsible.

Investigation will reveal why the guy thought it was a "cold gun" when he handed it to Baldwin.

He could be the guy who did all the fucking up.

Too early to tell.

Anonymous

cc

https://nypost.com/2021/10/25/no-denying-alec-baldwins-role-in-shooting-mishap-tragedy/">The death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins has also been painted as Alec Baldwin's tragedy. IT's NOT!!

Really, it's not. In fact, Alec Baldwin is likely to be held, at least in part, responsible.

"If you're capable of memorizing 120 pages of dialogue, you can memorize four lines of gun safety," special effects and firearms expert Steve Wolf tells The Post.

"If that scene required him to put the gun to his head and pull the trigger, I'm sure he would have taken a look inside the gun. Wouldn't you?"

As a producer on "Rust," Baldwin could be held culpable for the cost-cutting, chaos and eventual hire of a young head armorer with just one stint in said job on her résumé — because, according to Deadline, multiple other armorers turned it down over low pay and high stakes, with too many firearms to manage.

There's no denying Alec Baldwin's role in on-set shooting tragedy

By Maureen Callahan

Bricktop

A reasonable point of view until I saw the author.

More feminist sexist rage.

Frood

cc can't help being a 1st wave feminist hijacked by 3rd wave feminism consequently purloined by 4th wave puppy cry rooms and geriatric cunt clots which if poked with a stick might reflect the semblance of sanity.

(Yes, I'm saying she has Stockholm Syndrome and isn't terribly bright enough to realize it when she fires up her spreadsheets and regurgitates State data cat sick on the daily).

I do appreciate how far she's come like I'm amused by a spider monkey in a circus, changing its clothes between acts without much direction... but she's still a monkey.
Blahhhhhh...

cc

My reputation as an uber-left gender-bender CRT prog follows me everywhere .. and can be seen in every thread I make and / or post in

It's just the way i am