Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Are we stupid?

Started by Bricktop, November 12, 2021, 09:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Anonymous

What makes white people so fucking dogmatic. I'm not asking this just because I hate whites. Why the fuck do white people double down on failed ideas. We are a pragmatic people. We will change course if something isn't working. We sure as hell won't try to bring back failed systems of the past. You dumb fucks want to repeat your mistakes.

Bricktop

I think the video above offers some level of explanation.

We are so controlled and dominated by those in power and by a socio-economic system that is flawed and corrupt, that being stupid is just our coping mechanism.

How often do you hear someone say "this system is broken and serves only the rich and powerful". When the obvious follow up question asks what the speaker would do to change things, they shrug and say "I don't know". What they are really saying is "I don't think".

We sneer at totalitarian nations like North Korea and China, where citizens are programmed to think in pure and precise Marxist terms, but we are simply living under an identical tyranny with the difference being we get to vote for our dictator.

We are stupid because it's easier this way.

Thiel

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=427053 time=1636774579 user_id=1560

We are so controlled and dominated by those in power and by a socio-economic system that is flawed and corrupt, that being stupid is just our coping mechanism.

How often do you hear someone say "this system is broken and serves only the rich and powerful". When the obvious follow up question asks what the speaker would do to change things, they shrug and say "I don't know". What they are really saying is "I don't think".

We sneer at totalitarian nations like North Korea and China, where citizens are programmed to think in pure and precise Marxist terms, but we are simply living under an identical tyranny with the difference being we get to vote for our dictator.

I have had to travel to China for business many times. In some ways they are more willing to assert themselves to protect their interests than Canadians are.
gay, conservative and proud

Thiel

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=427045 time=1636772228 user_id=1560
">

There was a dearth of Dietrich Bonhoeffers in 1935 and their is a shortage of people like him today.

Bricktop

Quote from: Thiel post_id=427056 time=1636774804 user_id=1688

I have had to travel to China for business many times. In some ways they are more willing to assert themselves to protect their interests than Canadians are.

Yes, I'm trying to get a handle on how Canada is tracking at the moment.

We used to see Canadians as fellow travellers...our northern cousins with whom we had some affinity and shared values.

Now I'm not so sure. Canada seems to be falling under liberalism and losing what once made it great.

Opinion only. I may well be wrong and will stand corrected by my Canadian "amis".

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=427053 time=1636774579 user_id=1560

The CCP wouldn't dare block critical natural resource infrastructure and effectively fire people befor they are hired like Trudeau has done. Trudeau raised the carbon tax 33% in the middle of the worst economic slump in 90 years. The CCP knows they are allowed to continue in power as long as living standards continue to rise. Cost of living goes up, living standards go down and it's bye bye communist dynasty. True Dope doesn't have that worry. His employment is not affected by declining living standards. He has the freedom to fuck people the way the CCP doesn't.

Thiel

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=427061 time=1636775440 user_id=1560

Yes, I'm trying to get a handle on how Canada is tracking at the moment.

We used to see Canadians as fellow travellers...our northern cousins with whom we had some affinity and shared values.

Now I'm not so sure. Canada seems to be falling under liberalism and losing what once made it great.

Opinion only. I may well be wrong and will stand corrected by my Canadian "amis".

You are on the right track. Canada is changing rapidly. I'm not speaking of demographics. This country has always believed in sound economic management whether the Liberals or the Conservatives were in power. We knew we were only great if we had a strong economy and an attainable middle class.

Something happened after Trudeau defeated Stephen Harper. Poll after poll shows Canadians place bread and butter issues below meeting Paris Agreement targets for example. Other polls however show Canadians think this country admits too many refugees, but Mr Trudeau ignores those polls.

In my opinion, younger Canadians take prosperity for granted. They don't see how Ottawa has eroded it in the name of climate action. This is still a very wealthy nation. It will take time, possibly a decade or more to start seeing the negative impact of today's policies.

Anonymous

I could see a brain drain of this country's top earners in the not too distan future.

Anonymous

South Korea will temporarily cut fuel taxes to soften the blow of skyrocketing gasoline prices, which put upward pressure on inflation.

Along with the temporary fuel tax cut, the government will also introduce a plan to lower tariff rates on imported liquefied natural gas -- currently at 2 percent -- to ease consumer burden stemming from a surge in energy prices.

Justine raised taxes and restricted domestic oil and gas production.

Anonymous

Canadians won't wake up until they get a good kick in the ass. Unless there is a reversal soon the kick is coming.

Odinson

98 octane is nearly 2 euros per litre in Finland.

Thats high even for us.

120 euros to gas up your car.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=427081 time=1636782506 user_id=136

Thats high even for us.

Gas up your vehicle and live in it. Nobody can afford a home at those prices.

Anonymous

Thats high even for us.

I don't know what that is.....perhaps same as regular gasoline here.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=427083 time=1636784196 user_id=1689

Thats high even for us.

Gas up your vehicle and live in it. Nobody can afford a home at those prices.

After True Dope bans internal combustion engines, abandoned cars will be the new dream of home ownership for millions of Canadians.