The best topic

Replies: 10551
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:15:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

More mayhem from the Madlands

Started by Bricktop, December 01, 2021, 05:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=429285 time=1638637385 user_id=88
The parents were found

A tipster led Detroit police to the location of the parents of Michigan school shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley early Saturday.

James and Jennifer Crumbley were taken into custody following an extensive manhunt for the couple, who had failed to appear for their arraignment on Friday.

The pair – who were unarmed – "appeared to be hiding" in the basement of a commercial building at 1111 Bellevue Street and gave themselves up to police, according to Fox 2 Detroit.

"Less than a mile from the Canadian border"  - not sure why as in that area of Michigan there is no wilderness border - just water, a Bridge & Tunnel and for sure Canadian Border Patrol would have been  on the lookout

They were trying to sneak into Canada. Not very smart.

cc

I'm guessin no one ever accused them of being smart

https://blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/crumbley-parents.jpg">
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

The gun was kept in a bedside drawer. No gun security laws in their State.

A gun purchased legally, kept and stored legally kills 4 children.

And still Americans argue for more guns.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=429296 time=1638655976 user_id=88
I'm guessin no one ever accused them of being smart

https://blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/crumbley-parents.jpg">

Much like voting, some people would argue their should be a litmus test for parenting,

cc

https://www.ntd.com/prosecutor-charges-not-ruled-out-against-oxford-high-school-staff-after-shooting_710679.html">Prosecutor: Charges Not Ruled Out Against Oxford High School Staff After Shooting

School officials who work at Michigan's Oxford High School could face criminal charges in connection to last week's shooting that left four students dead, said a prosecutor involved in the case on Monday.

Speaking during an interview, Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald said that Oxford High School staff had the legal basis to search alleged shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley's backpack last week. On Nov. 30, the day of the shooting, Crumbley and his parents were called into a meeting with school staff over Crumbley's allegedly violent and disturbing drawings depicting shootings.

Bricktop

Teachers prosecuted?

In America?

Well, I guess it's possible.

cc

Try to wrap yer head around this one, it stinks - School turns down State offer to be 3rd party investigator - Wants to do it themselves

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oxford-school-district-shooting-investigation-nessel">Oxford High School denied Michigan attorney general's shooting investigation offer: 'Extremely disappointed'

Superintendent Tim Thorne said the school district had launched a third-party investigation into the tragedy

The attorney general said Monday she was "extremely disappointed" that the school district declined her offer to "devote the full resources of the Department of Attorney General to review the events leading up to and on Nov. 30."

"This tragedy demands a united effort from all of us who serve the Oxford community," she said in a statement. "Despite this outcome, my department will continue to support the ongoing criminal investigation in Oakland County and looks forward to meeting with parents, students and teachers when they are ready to share their thoughts. To that end, we also remain committed to evaluating opportunities for our department to ensure that students in Oxford – and across Michigan – receive the protection they deserve and that guns are kept out of our schools."

[Clearly school is afraid they are culpable in not spotting the obvious on this one - & they are not capable investigators ]

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=429718 time=1638906277 user_id=88
Try to wrap yer head around this one, it stinks - School turns down State offer to be 3rd party investigator - Wants to do it themselves

https://server3.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sbgpzkcu/snop/p2/us/oxford-school-district-shooting-investigation-nessel">Oxford High School denied Michigan attorney general's shooting investigation offer: 'Extremely disappointed'

Superintendent Tim Thorne said the school district had launched a third-party investigation into the tragedy

The attorney general said Monday she was "extremely disappointed" that the school district declined her offer to "devote the full resources of the Department of Attorney General to review the events leading up to and on Nov. 30."

"This tragedy demands a united effort from all of us who serve the Oxford community," she said in a statement. "Despite this outcome, my department will continue to support the ongoing criminal investigation in Oakland County and looks forward to meeting with parents, students and teachers when they are ready to share their thoughts. To that end, we also remain committed to evaluating opportunities for our department to ensure that students in Oxford – and across Michigan – receive the protection they deserve and that guns are kept out of our schools."

[Clearly school is afraid they are culpable in not spotting the obvious on this one - & they are not capable investigators ]

It's not really a school's job to look for these things.

Bricktop

I suspect that may not be correct.

Schools have a responsibility to ensure a safe learning environment.

If they were aware that the offender was acting suspiciously, yet ignored it or failed to take proportionate action, then in litigous America and probably other countries, that may amount to criminal culpability.

Hence they would firmly decline to participate in a State managed invesitgation when they would very likely be amassing evidence of their own failures.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=429724 time=1638912461 user_id=1560
I suspect that may not be correct.

Schools have a responsibility to ensure a safe learning environment.

If they were aware that the offender was acting suspiciously, yet ignored it or failed to take proportionate action, then in litigous America and probably other countries, that may amount to criminal culpability.

Hence they would firmly decline to participate in a State managed invesitgation when they would very likely be amassing evidence of their own failures.

I said look for those things..

If they know about a potentially dangerous situation and don't report, that's entirely different.

Bricktop

Oops. Apologies. I'm old and demented. Forgive me.

:6:

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=429729 time=1638914101 user_id=3254

If they know about a potentially dangerous situation and don't report, that's entirely different.

They did know. The kid had been brought to the office 3 times within days and on the day of the shooting with images of death .. even had his parents come to the office that day .. yet they did not send him home and look into it deeper

Rude awakening for high school officials who let alleged shooter free to kill

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lawyer-representing-oxford-parents-in-100m-lawsuit-says-school-ignored-crumbleys-obvious-intent-to-harm">Lawyer representing Oxford parents in $100M lawsuit says school ignored Crumbley's 'obvious' intent to harm

The lawsuit alleges that Principal Steven Wolf and Superintendent Tim Thorne made 'the student victims less safe'

Famed attorney Geoffrey Fieger is representing the family. He told "The Story" on Thursday that Crumbley's intent to harm students should have been "obvious" to school officials in light of his newly uncovered social media posts where he appears to threaten his school the night before the shooting.

"They were aware of posts on the internet indicating that he was intending to commit mayhem," Fieger said. "He drew pictures indicating that he was going to engage in a murderous rage ... they recognized it enough where they pulled him out of class."

"Instead of calling the police liaison officer, they called his parents," he added. "They told his parents to take him out of school. The parents refused. They said okay, he can stay here and go to class."

That decision, Fieger said, resulted in a "tragic mistake."

[Right from early reporting one could see this coming - For whatever reason the school did the unimaginable]

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=430091 time=1639141063 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=429729 time=1638914101 user_id=3254

They did know. The kid had been brought to the office 3 times within days and on the day of the shooting with images of death .. even had his parents come to the office that day .. yet they did not send him home and look into it deeper

Rude awakening for high school officials who let alleged shooter free to kill

https://server6.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sbgpzkcu/snop/p2/media/lawyer-representing-oxford-parents-in-100m-lawsuit-says-school-ignored-crumbleys-obvious-intent-to-harm">Lawyer representing Oxford parents in $100M lawsuit says school ignored Crumbley's 'obvious' intent to harm

The lawsuit alleges that Principal Steven Wolf and Superintendent Tim Thorne made 'the student victims less safe'

Famed attorney Geoffrey Fieger is representing the family. He told "The Story" on Thursday that Crumbley's intent to harm students should have been "obvious" to school officials in light of his newly uncovered social media posts where he appears to threaten his school the night before the shooting.

"They were aware of posts on the internet indicating that he was intending to commit mayhem," Fieger said. "He drew pictures indicating that he was going to engage in a murderous rage ... they recognized it enough where they pulled him out of class."

"Instead of calling the police liaison officer, they called his parents," he added. "They told his parents to take him out of school. The parents refused. They said okay, he can stay here and go to class."

That decision, Fieger said, resulted in a "tragic mistake."

[Right from early reporting one could see this coming - For whatever reason the school did the unimaginable]

That's inexcusable and this kind of negligence is why the provincial government enacted new rules for teachers and their union who fail to report negligent or inappropriate behaviour......much to the chagrin of the Alberta Teacher's Association and the NDP.

Bricktop

Teachers need to be reminded who they work for.

And who will pay that $100M?

Anonymous

The Alberta government took away the Alberta Teacher's Association disciplinary role after they swept under the rug 17 sex related charges against him by Calgary police. There were allegations against him and other teachers of inappropriate touching that were again swept under the rug.

The ATA is a union that has it's members interests. Time after time they have shown the safety and education of students are distant seconds to protection some of their unsavoury teachers.

Education Minister Adriana LaGrange said she has directed Alberta Education to begin drafting legislation that would see the Alberta Teachers' Association lose the role of disciplining its members for unprofessional behaviour. She said she will also bring forward an order in council to immediately implement a portion of Bill 85, the Students First Act that would require the association to notify the department of all complaints against its members when they are received.